The Student Room Group

Sat subject tests

I was wondering if taking maths level 1 and english as subject tests would be fine or does it look better to do maths level 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It always looks better to take Level 2. But, it might involve a huge amount of self teaching depending on your level of maths.
Reply 2
Hey guys which other SATS are you doing? I'm planning on doing the Maths 2, physics and the General SAT. I'm so excited I want to apply to MIT if I make it I'll cry, and I'll give free money to anyone I see and really wants it, I'll go crazy. :biggrin:

P.S I'm planning to do it this November or October so I can do the regular action application for MIT.
Original post by sagar448
Hey guys which other SATS are you doing? I'm planning on doing the Maths 2, physics and the General SAT. I'm so excited I want to apply to MIT if I make it I'll cry, and I'll give free money to anyone I see and really wants it, I'll go crazy. :biggrin:

P.S I'm planning to do it this November or October so I can do the regular action application for MIT.

Yh I'm applying this year too! Are you taking the ACT or the SAT with the SAT subject tests???

Original post by feyy
It always looks better to take Level 2. But, it might involve a huge amount of self teaching depending on your level of maths.

Thanks I've completed A level maths and have looked at level 2 so think I may give it a go because it seems do able plus looks much better!
I'm doing the ACT but I'm going to go for Biology and World History for my SAT II's and maybe Literature.
Original post by JayJay-C19
I'm doing the ACT but I'm going to go for Biology and World History for my SAT II's and maybe Literature.

When are you sitting the ACT and have you decided where you will be taking them? Also where are you hoping to apply?
Original post by Teddysmith123
When are you sitting the ACT and have you decided where you will be taking them? Also where are you hoping to apply?

I'm probably going to sit the ACT but I'm not sure yet over the SAT I. I'm probably going to sit it in October, I'm making my paper decisions soon and then I'm going to begin studying in August until October.

Hopefully (in this order of preference):

1. Yale College
2. Harvard College
3. Princeton
4. Penn
5. Stanford
6. Amherst

then I'm applying to:

1. University of Toronto
2. McGill

and MAYBE University of British Columbia in Canada. I was going to apply to Columbia and New York University but my parents don't really want me to go to New York to study.

What about you?
I'm probably going to sit the ACT but I'm not sure yet over the SAT I. I'm probably going to sit it in October, I'm making my paper decisions soon and then I'm going to begin studying in August until October.

Hopefully (in this order of preference):

1. Yale College
2. Harvard College
3. Princeton
4. Penn
5. Stanford
6. Amherst

then I'm applying to:

1. University of Toronto
2. McGill

and MAYBE University of British Columbia in Canada. I was going to apply to Columbia and New York University but my parents don't really want me to go to New York to study.

What about you?

I'm thinking of applying to the exact same uni's as you a part from Toronto and McGill! I'm actually dreading the application process because it is so long and daunting, but I would love to apply to the US. I prefer their education system a lot more than the UK. Out of interest, are you also applying to the UK? Also have you completed your A levels or are you applying in your gap year?
I'm thinking of applying to the exact same uni's as you a part from Toronto and McGill! I'm actually dreading the application process because it is so long and daunting, but I would love to apply to the US. I prefer their education system a lot more than the UK. Out of interest, are you also applying to the UK? Also have you completed your A levels or are you applying in your gap year?

Woo, go us aha. Could you PM me?

I love the flexibility of the US curriculum and I'm quite looking forward to the process. Also, yes I am applying to universities here because even though I may be totally qualified and whatever, 30,000 people apply to these colleges every year (apart from Amherst) and its just not a guaranteed thing. I'm applying to Cambridge, Edinburgh, UCL and then deciding on the other two later.

I am going into my first year of AS Levels in September. I have to apply to these universities next August/September so yeah, I have to do the tests this year and next year.
Reply 9
Yh I'm applying this year too! Are you taking the ACT or the SAT with the SAT subject tests???

Thanks I've completed A level maths and have looked at level 2 so think I may give it a go because it seems do able plus looks much better!

I'm taking the SAT with the SAT subjects. :biggrin:
I'm applying to MIT, Standford, top engineering uni yay. Hope I'll get in.

What about you? Where you applying?

Are you applying to an UK unis? I'm applying to Cambridge, Imperial and some other ones. Let's hope for the best and good luck. :smile:
I'm taking the SAT with the SAT subjects. :biggrin:
I'm applying to MIT, Standford, top engineering uni yay. Hope I'll get in.

What about you? Where you applying?

Are you applying to an UK unis? I'm applying to Cambridge, Imperial and some other ones. Let's hope for the best and good luck. :smile:

I'm thinking of applying to Oxford instead of cambridge :tongue: but I haven't decided yet! In america i'm looking for Stanford but not so much MIT because I'm hoping to study English... are you applying this year? Also are you completing A levels or have you finished?
I'm thinking of applying to Oxford instead of cambridge :tongue: but I haven't decided yet! In america i'm looking for Stanford but not so much MIT because I'm hoping to study English... are you applying this year? Also are you completing A levels or have you finished?

What College is your dream College? Like which one do you MOST want to gain admission to?
What College is your dream College? Like which one do you MOST want to gain admission to?

Princeton would be my dream tbh it just seems incredible! I've been there too and I just love it
Princeton would be my dream tbh it just seems incredible! I've been there too and I just love it

I'd love to visit them but unfortunately, that's just not affordable aha.
I'd love to visit them but unfortunately, that's just not affordable aha.

ah oh I had family there in America and they took me with them when my cousins where looking around

You are absolutely right in not going for Cambridge and going for Oxford instead because Cambridge is more sciency. :tongue: And I just finished the first year of AS waiting for my results. Scared as hell and so I'm applying this year. What about you?

Standford is the second best in engineering but I'm scared lol XD coz if I don't get into MIT or standford i'll be broken coz they my dream uni
You are absolutely right in not going for Cambridge and going for Oxford instead because Cambridge is more sciency. :tongue: And I just finished the first year of AS waiting for my results. Scared as hell and so I'm applying this year. What about you?

Standford is the second best in engineering but I'm scared lol XD coz if I don't get into MIT or standford i'll be broken coz they my dream uni

Just have hope! Remember, 30,000 people are going against you in the admissions process so if you don't get in, you just have to suck it up.

I know how you feel though. I'd be upset if I didn't get into Harvard, Yale, Stanford or Princeton.
ah oh I had family there in America and they took me with them when my cousins where looking around

I have family in America too.

Yh I'm applying this year too, and am nervous about my results! Since your applying this year you must be taking the ACT and SAT subject tests in September right?
I was wondering if taking maths level 1 and english as subject tests would be fine or does it look better to do maths level 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me I think Level 1 is harder than level 2 as its all the basic thing like fractions, which i can't do...

Source: IC 730, IIC 800

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending