The Student Room Group

Sat subject tests

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayJay-C19
Just have hope! Remember, 30,000 people are going against you in the admissions process so if you don't get in, you just have to suck it up.

I know how you feel though. I'd be upset if I didn't get into Harvard, Yale, Stanford or Princeton.

Thanks for scaring me further. xD But you know I am prepared I piled up on ECs doing good in school, hobbies etc.. I mean not to brag but I do make a strong application but you know what they say if you're good at something there is an Asian somewhere better than you. (I have nothing against them)
Original post by Teddysmith123
Yh I'm applying this year too, and am nervous about my results! Since your applying this year you must be taking the ACT and SAT subject tests in September right?

Well there are dates for october and november too so I might go for them, I'm doing the SATS.
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
For me I think Level 1 is harder than level 2 as its all the basic thing like fractions, which i can't do...

Source: IC 730, IIC 800

Ah ok thanks, but I think I'm probably going to be better at maths than other tests because I've done A level maths plus I enjoy maths a lot
Original post by sagar448
Thanks for scaring me further. xD But you know I am prepared I piled up on ECs doing good in school, hobbies etc.. I mean not to brag but I do make a strong application but you know what they say if you're good at something there is an Asian somewhere better than you. (I have nothing against them)

Haha. I didn't mean to scare you but you have to be realistic I guess. Yeah, well, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Well there are dates for october and november too so I might go for them, I'm doing the SATS.

Yh I was thinking of doing the SAT subject tests first in September and then do the ACT in October and then November if I want to improve my score
Yh I was thinking of doing the SAT subject tests first in September and then do the ACT in October and then November if I want to improve my score

Oh nice plan, I might steal that idea e.e :biggrin: Well good luck and if we're lucky we'll see each other on the plane. xDD
Ah ok thanks, but I think I'm probably going to be better at maths than other tests because I've done A level maths plus I enjoy maths a lot

to be honest, I've done AS level maths too and I tried both Maths 1 and Maths 2 and despite getting almost 100% in maths every time in class I found the maths 1 and maths 2 sooooooo hard :C idk y
Oh nice plan, I might steal that idea e.e :biggrin: Well good luck and if we're lucky we'll see each other on the plane. xDD

Haha heres hoping! I'm nervous about the ACT though, I think the subject tests will be simple but ACT is very long!
to be honest, I've done AS level maths too and I tried both Maths 1 and Maths 2 and despite getting almost 100% in maths every time in class I found the maths 1 and maths 2 sooooooo hard :C idk y

I think for me maths is a subject I enjoy a lot and one that I'm relatively comfortable with; but, I think everyone has that one subject which they find easier than others! Even if you do well at maths at A level it doesn't guarantee you'll be able to sit the subject tests but I think if you are doing well you should maybe keep trying with maths unless there is another subject that your good at...
I think for me maths is a subject I enjoy a lot and one that I'm relatively comfortable with; but, I think everyone has that one subject which they find easier than others! Even if you do well at maths at A level it doesn't guarantee you'll be able to sit the subject tests but I think if you are doing well you should maybe keep trying with maths unless there is another subject that your good at...

Yeah I thought the same thing, but I did buy the Maths SAT subject book it's fat and I'm going to study all of it. :biggrin: So let's keep the fingers crossed.
Yeah I thought the same thing, but I did buy the Maths SAT subject book it's fat and I'm going to study all of it. :biggrin: So let's keep the fingers crossed.

Yh I've got the books too and am hoping to start prepping by the end of next week
Math II is actually more difficult than math I and evidently much more respected than math I. If you're applying to the ivies, don't even bother with math I (it's kind of seen as a joke).
Math I only covers algebra. Math II takes it a step further to precalculus. The math II curve is actually pretty generous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending