The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reptilian
Let's first define terrorism:

Terrorism: using violence or means of terror in order to obtain political obiectives.

Israel has time and time again used violence to get it wants

I guess they're just lucky Hamas fires rockets and mortars then, right?
[video="youtube;9Wdwk1dp-uU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wdwk1dp-uU[/video]
Original post by King Kebab
If my land was occupied and I was forced from my home along with my family decades ago I would be aggrieved and would fight back. Zionism is the evil and I don't blame anyone for feeling aggrieved with the situation.

You do realise that the Arabs invaded the land in 635CE, and it was in fact the jews who were 'forced from their homes along with their families'. By your logic, 'Islam is the evil and I don't blame anyone for feeling aggrieved with the situation'.

You honestly need to understand the history of this all before spewing bs
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheTechN1304
You do realise that the Arabs invaded the land in 635CE, and it was in fact the jews who were 'forced from their homes along with their families'. By your logic, 'Islam is the evil and I don't blame anyone for feeling aggrieved with the situation'.

Er no.

I am an Atheist and I have no time for any religion. Zionism is not a religion. Judaism is
absolutely disgusting.
Original post by TheTechN1304
Really? Hamas is a terrorist organisation. And as Yousef said in the video, they wish to destroy Israel. I may not necessarily agree with everything Israel is doing, as Palestine is weak, and to Israel doesn't pose much of a threat. However, I most certainly do not agree with anything Hamas is doing. They are the reason Palestine is as it is, not Israel. They brought this upon themselves by starting the conflict. You can't just overlook all of this and say that Israel is automatically responsible for everything.

Sorry? Israel has been mass murdering the Palestinians for over 60 years - long before any rockets were fired and long before Hamas was even in existence.

So typical. Absolutely ignored my post and back to the mantra that was drummed into you at the Mosque since you were 5.

"if my land was occupied...blah blah"

You're too far gone to debate with. Goodbye.
Er no.

I am an Atheist and I have no time for any religion. Zionism is not a religion. Judaism is

:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Pinzgauer
So typical. Absolutely ignored my post and back to the mantra that was drummed into you at the Mosque since you were 5.

"if my land was occupied...blah blah"

You're too far gone to debate with. Goodbye.

^^^ Verge of tears
Original post by Pinzgauer
3 wars waged by their neighbours, 2 intifadas possibly a third and continual wars of attrition every single day of Israel's existence

Wars waged due to the continual erosion of "Palestinian" land.

In 2002, an Israeli was statistically more likely to die from a terrorist attack, than in a road accident.

Notice I mentioned the current conflict. Also the damage pictures you posted pale in comparison to the damage inflicted by Israeli rockets. Additionally, it is said that Hamas send hundreds of rockets into Israel daily and therefore images of a couple of damaged buildings (notice they were not raised to the ground) agrees with my assertion that the majority of Hamas rockets are like fireworks. Have you actually talked to anyone who lives there or are you just going on highly biased media reports that are keen to overstate the level of destruction to garner more readers?

In general, when there is no active conflict like we see just now (and the media doesn't bother to report) it's Israeli lives that are more disrupted than Gaza. Kids can go to school in Gaza freely.

When rockets are being fired into Israel, schools close.

This is quite honestly the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. Effectively 44% of Gaza is a warzone. So yes children can go to school if they want but they'll do so at the risk of getting blown to kingdom come. Especially since Israel has no qualms about bombing schools with children inside.

Israel knows who the perpetrators are. They are currently being hidden by palestinians.

No firm reports have come out identifying the people/group behind the kidnapping. Also be careful when you use the term "Palestinians" like you just have as it makes it seem like you're blaming all Palestinians for the hiding of the supposed kidnappers. Although that would make sense judging by your previous posts as you seem to have no problem in supporting the collective punishment the Israeli bombardment of Gaza constitutes.
Original post by Algorithm69
Actually, I was merely asking why he posts exclusively on Israel's wrongdoings. I have found that people like broscience are usually either Muslim, neo-Nazis, or Anti-Semites. Fair-minded people focus on the evils of both sides in the conflict.

So speaking out against atrocities and condemning indiscriminate civilian targeting makes one an anti semite?
What in your eyes would make a person not anti semite?
Chant death to palestine, there is no school tomorrow?
Approve bombings of un facilities, schools and hospitals?

Come off it mate
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Meenglishnogood
yawn, your childish pedantry is becoming tedious, either change the record or find someone else to bore. again, its islamists that produce the terrorists and irrationality and attitude to sacrifice everyday muslims like sheep. the jews largely do not, israel are jsut defending themselves form islamists. at least you are now admitting that

There is no obligation on you to respond to my posts.

As I have reiterated on numerous occasions, you cannot go around saying "Jews are terrorists" as not all of them are terrorists.

USA has no "non-invasion treaty" with saudi arabia, palestine, jordan, pakistan UAE etc - so i assume youd welcome them to bomb the crap out of those places and then militarily invade and take over - survival of the fittest i presume is the argument you are trying to propose.

If the US wanted to that, I would have no objections.

However, I would deplore any killing of women and children.

equally israel has no such treaty with gaza, so again you are staing your approval fro them to fully invade gaza and indeed the WB. thnaks again for confirming - your mentality is knocking over your own arguments

Israel was created not in the manner prescribed (i.e: military conquest). It was created through mass illegal immigration and terrorism.

your background and personal views are quite obvious here

Let's leave your quite erroneous assumptions at the door, shall we? We deal in facts here, not assumptions and propaganda.

i think youve already tried and failed in this. i didnt have to do any 'dissecting' your flawed arguements and lurid morality re invasions are there for all to see,

That's because there is nothing to "dissect" in my posts.

unless you are admitting to be a complete hypocrite, those are exactly the principles you claimed

It seems you did not understand (and not the for the first time either) so let me be clear:

I have not claimed, nor stated, what you have purported to state that I have claimed or stated.

you stated you are pro -conquest, anti immigration and also ignore the fact hamas are regarded as terrorists - so i dont have to find anything , its there for everyone to see in your previous 3 replies to me, thanks

I did not ask you to "find anything". Jumping the gun?

Let me reiterate again:

I have not claimed, nor stated, what you have purported to state that I have claimed or stated.

no

Then I kindly ask you to not try and derail the thread with your responses.

im more interested in focussing on points.

You don't seem to have started that yet...

Fatah were also part of the government so hamas had no ultimate authority to do it , they relied on their islamsit resources to overthrow the rest of the government by force (which was expected to happen by most onlookers- islamists are predictable in their use of intimidation and violence) Islamists only use 'democracy' when it suits them. but democracy is not inherently islamic anyway - for centuries muslim populations have ben ruled by (often quite brutal) military dictatorships they had no control over- be it the caliphs , the arabs , the ottomans, the mongols, - why not the israelis now - whats the difference?

As I have already stated and reiterated numerous times in this thread, HAMAS pre-empted an attempted coup by Fatah personnel, engineered either by the Americans/Israeli or at the very least, had the tacit approval of the Americans/Israeli's.

ok .... :dontknow:

Just passing a comment on their hypocrisy...
If my land was occupied and I was forced from my home along with my family decades ago I would be aggrieved and would fight back. Zionism is the evil and I don't blame anyone for feeling aggrieved with the situation.

In 2005, Israel left the Gaza strip. They removed all Israel settlements and removed their military/defence forces.
Hamas then took over, started a war with the other political group Fatah. They also started attacking Israel again.

Israel are defending themselves, whether you want to face it or not.
Original post by tsr1269

If the US wanted to that, I would have no objections.

but not the israelis? seems odd hypocrisy (even from you)

Original post by tsr1269

Israel was created not in the manner prescribed (i.e: military conquest). It was created through mass illegal immigration and terrorism.

once again completely false - i find that phrase has been used to almost every post youve made. Israel was founded without migrating jews anywhere. it made its statement and in fact baked it up militarilty. egypt and jordan both seized gaza and wb themselves - and then israel took them militarily as a consequence of the arab nations trying to attack the jewish state

Original post by tsr1269

Then I kindly ask you to not try and derail the thread with your responses.

your comments are given all the necessary consideration they deserve

Original post by tsr1269
There is no obligation on you to respond to my posts..

indeed , i usually reply upto the point when the other persons has too resort to childishness or pedantry - in your case this occurs very early, so i will now exercise the right to ignore you , till you start actually addressing all the points raised to you like a grown up.
Israel begs US for ammunition.

EU condemns Israeli shelling of UN school.

HAMAS on verge of victory.
Hamas is a terrorist organisation and as soon as it puts down its mad jihad rhetoric, peace will arrive to the middle east again. Simples.
Original post by eddie1221
In 2005, Israel left the Gaza strip. They removed all Israel settlements and removed their military/defence forces.
Hamas then took over, started a war with the other political group Fatah. They also started attacking Israel again.

Israel are committing war crimes. There is no self defense when the target is children playing football on a beach or bombing hospitals and UN shelters. Netanyahu is using this to destroy Palestinians and create a greater Israel
Original post by eddie1221

That one is not worth the time. You'll get the same reply over and over.
Original post by Bill_Gates
LOL one is a terrorist organisation, widely acknowledged across the world. Hamas if you were wondering.

I just clicked on your profile and says Islamic society :rolleyes: I do not support Jihad. Whole of the region belongs to Israel, Gaza was given back in order for a peace agreement but Hamas kept firing rockets and hurting innocent Israeli's.

Terrorist Organisation? do you even know what a terrorist is? "Israel" are the real terrorist killing innocent people, cutting off the electricity supply and the sad thing is that none of the major powerful countries give a sh*t. If it was a Muslim country and they did the same then they would get lots of hate and i'm sure that they would be attacked from countries such as the US. the U.S. military aid to Israel was $2.775 billion in 2010, $3 billion in 2011, $3.07 billion in 2012 (and $3.15 billion per year from 2013-2018).
Original post by Meenglishnogood

but not the israelis? seems odd hypocrisy (even from you)

How so? I believe the immigrants to America fought wars with the indigenous populations and triumphed.

i.e: military conquest.

Correct me if I have got it wrong...

once again completely false - i find that phrase has been used to almost every post youve made. Israel was founded without migrating jews anywhere. it made its statement and in fact baked it up militarilty. egypt and jordan both seized gaza and wb themselves - and then israel took them militarily as a consequence of the arab nations trying to attack the jewish state

So you deny that holocaust survivors as well as Russian immigrants numbering in their thousands and indeed, hundreds of thousands immigrated to Israel before the creation of the State of Israel?

So you deny that the Haganah and the Stern Gang terrorised the people as well as the British administration in their quest for a state?

your comments are given all the necessary consideration they deserve

I am not asking for my comments to be "given all the necessary consideration", I'm asking you to not derail the thread.

indeed , i usually reply upto the point when the other persons has too resort to childishness or pedantry - in your case this occurs very early, so i will now exercise the right to ignore you , till you start actually addressing all the points raised to you like a grown up.

As I have said and reiterated, you are free to reply or ignore me.

Having said that, it's quite telling that you only replied to certain aspects of my post or more accurately, those points which engage in whataboutery.

Latest

Trending

Trending