The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You don't have to be Muslim to support Gaza, you just have to be decent human being with morals. The is what Latin America did recently. Why dont the UK and the US follow suit? Courage and compassion is all it takes; well, something the UK and the US I highly doubt they have!

http://www.channel4.com/news/gaza-strip-latin-america-israel-diplomatic-brazil-argentina
Original post by Syrian Guy
You don't have to be Muslim to support Gaza, you just have to be decent human being with morals. The is what Latin America did recently. Why dont the UK and the US follow suit? Courage and compassion is all it takes; well, something the UK and the US I highly doubt they have!

http://www.channel4.com/news/gaza-strip-latin-america-israel-diplomatic-brazil-argentina

Nice. A retelling of the propaganda all over twitter and Facebook 'you don't have to be a muslim, just human'.

What if I told you I 'support Gaza', and that's why I support the IDF's quest to destroy Hamas because I believe Hamas is the sole evil in Gaza and Israel?

When you say 'support Gaza', you really mean 'support Hamas', but no one who supports Hamas can also support Gaza, it's impossible. Hamas is a cancer on Gazan society and Israeli society.
Original post by eddie1221
I guess that this doesn't confirm them hiding missiles in a school then: http://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-condemns-placement-rockets-second-time-one-its-schools

I guess all the video footage of missiles being shot from schools/civilian areas/near hospitals, etc. are also fake then.

What has this got to do with there being absolutely no evidence that Hamas are hiding behind civilians other than claim by the Israelis?
Original post by samba
Hamas/PLO slaughter at every possible opportunity, including their own people. There's a reason everybody hates them.

Far less Palestinians have died at the hands of Israel then they have at the hands of muslims.

Why do you feel the need to perpetuate myth? :smile:

Evidence?
You don't have to be Muslim to support Gaza,

thats true, but then you do have to implicitly support terrorist groups and islamist agendas, which the majority of the civilised world refuses to do.
Original post by Syrian Guy

. The is what Latin America did recently. Why dont the UK and the US follow suit? Courage and compassion is all it takes; well, something the UK and the US I highly doubt they have!

this is essentially international poltics and trade, nothing to do with compassion. usa sides with israel, bolivia etc side with saudi arabia and other arab states

if you are trygin to make a humanitarian argument, then you need to ignore politics and look at morality - ie the morality of ignoreing much bigger casualities in iraq at the hands of ISIS - is that showing ' Courage and compassion' or simply towing the islamist agenda?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tsr1269
Before I respond, can I ask how far back does your knowledge of the conflict go?

I know the history all the way back to the Ottoman empire, it was the wrong thing to do, to try and divide it up but what can we do? The past is the past right now we have 7 million jews living in Israel & 2 million Palestinian arabs living there, we can't kick either out of the land, a good solution would be a secular state both with equal rights & responsibilities, freedom of religion etc, if they divide it up into 2 states both are still going to be annoyed about the land situation. Get rid of Zionism, Hamas, who don't want peace just dominance & all this "Jihad" bs and you there just might be a chance of peace.
The majority of Israel does NOT want a two-state solution. Neither does Hamas.

Israel is a JEWISH state which means only its a state exclusive to Jews in theory. So there cannot be any other solution save the two-state one.
Original post by miavdbt
Nice. A retelling of the propaganda all over twitter and Facebook 'you don't have to be a muslim, just human'.

So are you suggesting that the happenings in Gaza should be supported fully and there is nothing wrong at all with it?
Also it is worth noting that last night on Newsnight there was a poll referred to in which 60% of those polled believe that Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza, and that is only very marginally behind those that thing Hamas is. In the eyes of the West Israel has lost its moral high ground.
Original post by Meenglishnogood
perhaps you should tell the islamists that control your region to stop acting like the terrorists they are firing rockets at your neighbours form within your neighbourhood. i mean for your kids sake, if you actually care about them that is

PS if you get them to listen, you should make it your job to tell the same thing to the islamists commiting terrorism in europe, america, canada, kashmir, uhigur china, chechnya, thailand, phillipnes, nigeria, somalia, yemen, sudan, kenya, iraq pakistan etc etc etc it would be round the world trip..

Israel started this latest round of hostilities not Hamas.
Original post by King Kebab
What has this got to do with there being absolutely no evidence that Hamas are hiding behind civilians other than claim by the Israelis?

Well they do launch rockets from civilian areas and then tell the people to stay in those areas even though an Israel retaliation will be coming.

Also there is evidence of the Israeli's sending out flares to the area that they are about to bomb and instead of people getting away from that, people will flock to it to try and prevent the attack.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by miavdbt

What if I told you I 'support Gaza', and that's why I support the IDF's quest to destroy Hamas because I believe Hamas is the sole evil in Gaza and Israel?

When you say 'support Gaza', you really mean 'support Hamas', but no one who supports Hamas can also support Gaza, it's impossible. Hamas is a cancer on Gazan society and Israeli society.

Why dont we say Israel is a cancer to Gazan society? Aren't they the ones who had been killing the Palestinians for a very long time. Aren't they the ones who use Palestians children as human shield.

Dont you know that:

1. Gaza was invaded by Israel in 1967 & ever since then Israel is illegally occupying the whole of Gaza strip.

2. Gaza is surrounded on three sides by Israel blocked all these three sides by Israeli army & navy & one side by Egypt where the Egyptian army along with Israeli & UN observers & monitors blocks the entry of any body from Gaza.So Gaza is literally huge prison where not even a bird can enter without Israel’s permission.

3. Gaza has no sea port or airport or even a train station.

4. Gaza residents cannot leave Gaza as they don’t even have passports. Plus there are Israeli checkpoints in every place. Also no one from any country can enter Gaza without Israel’s permission which is impossible to get , forget about ordinary man even the top politicians of powerful countries had been denied entry in Gaza by Israel. Gaza is a place which is totally cutoff from the rest of the world.

5. Each and every daily use commodities comes through these Israeli check points. Even the milk, wheat medicines all items come through these Israeli check points. Israel charge taxes on all the items witch goes through these check points.

6. Gaza is like a big jail. It is entire country under seize. Even inside Gaza Israel have several check posts at important junctions. The Israeli army harasses and humiliates Gaza citizens every day as the Gaza citizens cross these check posts.

7. The UN has urged Israel numerous times to remove this illegal seizure of Gaza but Israel never listen to UN . More then 50 resolutions have been passed by UN against Israel but with USA always on its side so Israel just doesn’t care.

8. The food and essentials are always in short supply in Gaza as Israel delays, discourages and harass its imports in Gaza. Shops don’t have enough rations, hospitals don’t have enough and essential medicines. Power is in short supply, petrol and gas is in shortage too. The inflation is highest in the world in Gaza as a result of it. The poverty is rising at the highest rate also. The Gaza children’s are among the worst malnutrition children now.

9. There are no specialized doctors or equipments to treat the serious injury or disease in any hospitals. Every now and then Israeli army bomb Gaza and the innocent civilians get hurt during bombing. These wounded civilians plead and beg in the check points to let them out for treatment but they kind Israeli army never let them. So the wounds which could have been treated become more severe and often the wounded becomes handicapped for the rest of their lives.

10. Once a thriving society and rich people now have become beggars & prisoners in their own country.Can you imagine the trauma the humiliation the harassment the pain in the hearts of these people who have been invaded and made prisoners and slaves in their own country?

They have been struggling for their independence since almost 50 years now. With each passing day Israel is constructing new settlements for its Israeli citizens in their land. With each passing day their hope of independence, a hope to live a normal life like any other human is fading away. Every night they sleep in pain and every morning they wake up with sorrows.

In the pretext of peace talks Israel actually is delaying their independence to capture more and more of their land everyday by constructing new Israeli homes and settlements. The Palestinians know this and they are watching it helplessly. Just like a goat watch the lion eats its children but can do nothing. They are shedding tears of blood. With Israeli soldiers harassing them , cursing them, abusing them mocking them, hurting them , killing them everyday in their very own land, all Palestinians can do is watch and cry.

What suggestions do you have now? The western paid media is making & broadcasting news in such a manner that one should feel as if Gaza residence are the one who are occupying Israel and Israel is fighting for the freedom of its citizen. So that people can only curse and blame Gaza residents. Can you try to feel their misery and helplessness? We can not even imagine spending even one day in the jail called Gaza and they are living there everyday..... Wake up man! Stand up for them for the sake of humanity.
thats true, but then you do have to implicitly support terrorist groups and islamist agendas, which the majority of the civilised world refuses to do.
this is essentially international poltics and trade, nothing to do with compassion. usa sides with israel, bolivia etc side with saudi arabia and other arab states

I think that Saudi Arabia is an ally of the US along with the gulf states except perhaps Qatar. This is indeed contrary to the public perception that the US takes allies only with nations that shares their democratic values. As you say it's all politricks.

And also I think that Saudi Arabia's leadership is pro-Israel and that this along with other factors has seen an alienation of Qatar among the gulf states. Qatar along with Turkey are the only two high profiles "friends" of Hamas, I believe. Its obvious that Qatar wants the Muslim Brotherhood to stay quiet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Reptilian
So he has been bought out by the Israelis to talk against his own people. What's new about this tactic of Israel's to paint themselves as the justified ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't claim that every person who doesn't think that Israel is literally Nazi Germany 2.0 is being paid :dunce:

International press in Gaza has hardly reported on how Hamas operates in this round of fighting and photos or video of Hamas fighters from recent weeks are rare, the reason for which became apparent this week as several journalists reported being threatened and even expelled from Gaza for reporting the terrorist organization uses civilian sites to attack Israel.

Reporters from Italy and the US corroborated the IDF's explanation for explosions near Shifa Hospital and by a playground in Shati on Tuesday, that it was a result of rockets misfired by Gazan terrorists.

However, one altered his report and another waited to leave Gaza because he feared retribution from Hamas.

Italian journalist Gabriele Barbati tweeted a photo on Tuesday as he went through the Erez crossing into Israel.

Barbati then he tweeted the following in Italian and English: "Out of Gaza far from Hamas retaliation: Misfired rocket killed children [yesterday] in Shati. Witness: militants rushed and cleared debris."

He followed that tweet with another: "@IDFSpokesperson said truth in communique released yesterday about Shati camp massacre. It was not Israel behind it."

The Wall Street Journal's Middle East Correspondent based in Egypt Tamer El-Ghobashy tweeted a photo of rubble with the explanation: "An outside wall on the campus of Gaza's main hospital was hit by a strike. Low level damage suggest Hamas misfire."

Soon after, El-Ghobashy deleted the tweet, similar to his Wall Street Journal colleague Nick Casey, who tweeted a photo of a Hamas official using Shifa hospital for media appearances last week and then deleted it.

El-Ghobashy then replaced the same tweet with the same photo and the text: "The outer wall of Gaza City's main hospital was struck. Unclear what the origin of the projectile is."

Reporters Without Borders confirmed to Liberation that many journalists reported being threatened by Hamas, though the organization's website criticizes Israel.

Pro-Palestinian activists and journalists, including Fadi Arouri from Al-Ayyam, reported on Wednesday that RT (formerly Russia Today) correspondent Harry Fear was told to leave Gaza after he tweeted about Hamas rockets being fired into Israel from near his hotel.
In another tweet from last week, Fear called Al-Wafa hospital "the hospital with human shields."

A writer for the anti-Israel site Electronic Intifada tweeted that he is celebrating Fear's expulsion from Gaza, the "best news ever," by eating a lot of sweets.

Of course, these expulsions only work when Hamas allows journalists to leave Gaza. Last week, Huffington Post Middle East Correspondent Sophia Jones tweeted: "The Israeli side of the border with Gaza was briefly open today, but Hamas did not let journalists leave Gaza."

More in link

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/Journalists-threatened-by-Hamas-for-reporting-use-of-human-shields-369619

Gee, I wonder why we're getting one-sided reports :rolleyes:
Original post by Inzamam99
Israel started this latest round of hostilities not Hamas.

:no:
and I cannot stress enough that you do not use facts. israel set their borders by defeating the arab nations in war ( jsut as you like) any later immgration came following that action ( not sure why you claim it is 'illegal' :confused:)

No one is talking about "setting borders".

We are talking about the mass immigration, illegal one at that and not to mention the terrorism, which preceded the creation of the State of Israel.

I put it to you, do you deny that there was mass illegal immigration to Mandatory Palestine and that Jewish groups carried out terrorist atrocities during that period?

terrorism comes entirely from the islamist side, as it has in all other incidences accross the globe.

So to clarify and confirm:

You are saying that there was no terrorism perpetrated by adherents to the Jewish faith prior to the creation of Israel?

what you are describing is the actions of islamists, not israel, so following your concerns we should be attacking islamist groups in the nonislamic world, before even talking about israel.

I'm now questioning your integrity.

Why did you post that incomprehensible sentence, alluding it to my post, and then respond to it?
Original post by Sic semper erat
Bombing Gaza is not just self-defense, its morality

What is moral about bombing schools where there are innocent people, including children.
Reply 3777
Original post by King Kebab
Evidence?

Evidence for what? If you take Black September and the Lebanese Civil wars alone the number exceeds the total numbers Israel have killed since 1970 or whatever. Hell, if you take either of those, the number easily exceeds the total Israel have killed. The heaviest losses to Palestinian civilians have never come from Israel.
Original post by vickidc18
I know the history all the way back to the Ottoman empire, it was the wrong thing to do, to try and divide it up but what can we do? The past is the past right now we have 7 million jews living in Israel & 2 million Palestinian arabs living there, we can't kick either out of the land, a good solution would be a secular state both with equal rights & responsibilities, freedom of religion etc, if they divide it up into 2 states both are still going to be annoyed about the land situation. Get rid of Zionism, Hamas, who don't want peace just dominance & all this "Jihad" bs and you there just might be a chance of peace.

Do you think the Palestinians, including HAMAS, oppose Jewish people or the "Jewish State"?
Hamas terrorists steal food from Gazans

In recent days, Hamas members seized UN food coupons and prevented Gazan civilians from receiving the aid, in order to try and keep field cell members fed. The Islamist regime refuses to publish most of the names of its members who were killed fighting the IDF, and disposes of their bodies quickly, to avoid harming morale. It has tried to ban Gazan civilians from giving interviews to the foreign press during humanitarian truces

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/Analysis-The-hidden-picture-in-Gaza-369501

Latest

Trending

Trending