The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Are you autistic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
You avoided my question on how to be the super awesome teacher everyone likes. :sad:

I guess it's not one I can answer. :frown:

Original post by ChildInDisguise
Well that's a bit stupid. What if they're properly at each other? Surely they shouldn't have a problem with it as your actually protecting them from themselves.

Best to not get involved still, for your own good.

Original post by Ecro
Have you ever told a sex joke in class? What was it? (If yes)

Of course not.

Original post by rbnphlp
One more q : what was harder for you in terms of workload , pgce or a day to day life as a teacher

Teacher is 10 times heavier workload than the PGCE.

Original post by Frodokins
What do you teach?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Secondary maths
What do you make of Mr Gove as an education secretary ?
What's the best school trip you've ever been on and how long have you been teaching?
Original post by MattMc
Are you autistic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As my username suggests, I am indeed autistic (Asperger's). Not hugely severe though but I do have social difficulties (very rigid thought) and difficulty with seeing things from another perspective, if that makes sense.
Original post by Luketreherne
What do you make of Mr Gove as an education secretary ?

What's the best school trip you've ever been on and how long have you been teaching?

An aquarium. 3 years.
How do you feel with students being forced to take maths until they're 18 now?
Are the maths and science departments at each other's throats in your school like they were in my old one before I went to uni?
Is it still de rigueur to belittle and browbeat gifted left handers like myself to switch to their right hand for hand writing or are teachers now largely just glad if their young charges manage to write anything at all even if it is by clutching a fat crayon between their toes?
How do you feel about teachers that tell students that they're failures?

Any confidence tips for prospective teachers?

:smile:
Why did you choose to go into teaching , more so why did you choose to teach maths ?
Have you ever received Christmas cards/presents from your students before?
Reply 272
How do you feel with students being forced to take maths until they're 18 now?

Since when?? Not that I care as I don't mind it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Autistic Merit
Yeah I've been there... Kinda awkward...

I'm a teacher.

So why did you decide to make a TSR account then? Or did you make it when you were a student but you still use it now?
How much work are you doing currently, now it's the summer holidays? Do you have much preparation to do for September?
Reply 275
Original post by Autistic Merit
About half of the extremely badly behaved students are black though. :eek:

what a surprise, lol.
Worst type of student?
Do you care if students like you or not or do you just get on with your job?
Do you think it's okay that a student does all the written work but doesn't participate?
Original post by Nadine_08
Worst type of student?
Do you care if students like you or not or do you just get on with your job?

Year 9 girls are, on the whole awful; rude, defiant and foul-mouthed. They also have a pack mentality and stick up for each other when one gets told off.

I like to have a positive relationship with my students but I accept that there will always be some students who bear grudges and don't like me. I'm not too bothered about them.

Original post by Nadine_08
Do you think it's okay that a student does all the written work but doesn't participate?

All students should at least try their best to participate. I do incorporate really easy questions into my lessons which are intended to be ones that even the shy students wouldn't mind having a go at.
Original post by Dr DaMan
How much work are you doing currently, now it's the summer holidays? Do you have much preparation to do for September?

Nah I'm quite chilled out tbh.

Latest