The Student Room Group

What was your best and worst university experience?

From your time at university, whether it still be first year or last year, what was your BEST and WORST university experience?

Share your stories :biggrin:
My best was freshers in my first year and just my first year as a whole. I really enhoyed it. My second year I don't know what the hell happened was the worst year of my life. I missed being in halls I really struggled with the people I am living with, I realised they were not friends and actually were not nice to me at all they made me feel like ****. I struggled with the course a lot and felt I had no help. In the end I had a nervous breakdown had to leave uni for all of second term. I went back third term and had no support from "friends" just bitchy comments asking when I was running back home to mummy telling me I missed out so much. I was left out of pretty much everything and just put down constantly and laughed at. I am actually dreading going back in September I want to drop out but think ive managed to survive two years its one more then I never have to step foot backthere.
Reply 2
Original post by SillyMilly
My best was freshers in my first year and just my first year as a whole. I really enhoyed it. My second year I don't know what the hell happened was the worst year of my life. I missed being in halls I really struggled with the people I am living with, I realised they were not friends and actually were not nice to me at all they made me feel like ****. I struggled with the course a lot and felt I had no help. In the end I had a nervous breakdown had to leave uni for all of second term. I went back third term and had no support from "friends" just bitchy comments asking when I was running back home to mummy telling me I missed out so much. I was left out of pretty much everything and just put down constantly and laughed at. I am actually dreading going back in September I want to drop out but think ive managed to survive two years its one more then I never have to step foot backthere.

Awwh that sounds horrible :frown:. I thought by the time people got to uni they would have grown and stopped all the bitchyness! That makes me kinda scared now! I hope your third year goes a lot better :redface:
Original post by Kay(:
Awwh that sounds horrible :frown:. I thought by the time people got to uni they would have grown and stopped all the bitchyness! That makes me kinda scared now! I hope your third year goes a lot better :redface:

Honestly don't be worried. I was stupid I didn't sort out the issues I had straight away, I should have moved house but instead I stayed. Don't get me wrong there have been some amazing experiences at uni. My advice would just be when your choosing people to live with in second year don't rush into it like I did.
Reply 4
Bump :redface:
Best: graduating with most of my friends after an almost-2-year wait :eek:

Worst: You don't wanna know. Let's just say it was pretty bad :ninja:
Reply 6
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Yes we do want to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo
Yes we do want to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't wanna say in an open forum - if you really need to know, PM me :ninja:
I don't wanna say in an open forum - if you really need to know, PM me :ninja:

If that doesn't flood your inbox, I'd be pretty disappointed.
Best:

Meeting my wife + getting married

Lots of other things I enjoyed, but nothing comes close to that..
(second would be seeing my parents reactiosn after graduation)

Worst:

Some of the people..

Crossed paths with some interesting people, who did not help to make my life enjoyable.. lets say..
Reply 10

Now you've said that you have to tell us!!
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Now you've said that you have to tell us!!

PM me if you really wanna know. Not gonna say on an open forum :nah:

Quick Reply