The Student Room Group

Is it still year 11?

Been years since I went to school, and I am just wondering - is the leaving age still at the end of year 11? And you still do your GCSEs in year 11?
Yep! You can do some earlier though, but the bulk of them are at the end of year 11.
Original post by KettleMan
Been years since I went to school, and I am just wondering - is the leaving age still at the end of year 11? And you still do your GCSEs in year 11?

You still do your GCSE's in year 10 and 11 but you can't leave education until your 18, but you can do apprenticeships, college courses, join the army training, sixth form, etc.
What others have said is right :yep: Some people may even take some units of GCSE exams as early as Year 9 even..
Reply 4
Original post by Black Rose
What others have said is right :yep: Some people may even take some units of GCSE exams as early as Year 9 even..

Some Year 7s at my old school took had a GCSE exam this year from what I heard.
Original post by 8472
Some Year 7s at my old school took had a GCSE exam this year from what I heard.

They're making 11 year olds go through that?! :eek:
Reply 6
They're making 11 year olds go through that?! :eek:

Looking on the school website for result collection on GCSE day there is: Year 7/9/10: 10.30am - 12pm
Original post by 8472
Looking on the school website for result collection on GCSE day there is: Year 7/9/10: 10.30am - 12pm

Do you know what GCSEs they'd have done?
Reply 8
Do you know what GCSEs they'd have done?

I think it may RE GCSE Short course. Though i'm not sure.
Original post by 8472
I think it may RE GCSE Short course. Though i'm not sure.

My RE teacher says that students should be at a certain age hence more maturity when studying RE which is why they don't do early entries :tongue:
Reply 10
My RE teacher says that students should be at a certain age hence more maturity when studying RE which is why they don't do early entries :tongue:

The RE teacher at the school is certainly not a normal teacher. She is racist and sexist. She has been fire 3 times but never left and took it to the governors. She is about 70 and the school is trying to make her retire but she refuses to. I think she is awesome but lots of people hate her. :mad:
Original post by 8472
The RE teacher at the school is certainly not a normal teacher. She is racist and sexist. She has been fire 3 times but never left and took it to the governors. She is about 70 and the school is trying to make her retire but she refuses to. I think she is awesome but lots of people hate her. :mad:

Haha are you upset about that, though? She doesn't sound like a good teacher imo :redface:
School leaving age isn't year 11 anymore. You have to stay in full time education until 17 (and I think it is being raised to 18 either this year or next)

Quick Reply

Latest