The Student Room Group

Most epic last minute winning goal EVER?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Yeah that was crazy

[video="youtube;38X7ho4E07w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38X7ho4E07w[/video]

Couldn't have been more last minute

has to be this one
Not last minute but it was close to the end of extra time. Aaron Ramsey scoring the winner in the FA Cup Final against Hull. Me and my Dad were watching the game at home and went mental.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watford vs Leicester

I was there, in the Rookery Stand
Original post by Zeroic
has to be this one

If you watched the video in my OP you would see it there, with no need to post another video
Reply 24
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
If you watched the video in my OP you would see it there, with no need to post another video

yeah but this one was actually embedded and show the specific video mate
Reply 25
Aguero vs. QPR for me, too. Obviously, United in 1999 was such a mind-blowing event but for City to clinch their FIRST ever title in that manner after their city neighbours had dominated English football for two decades. It was just sensational. The best PL final day ever - and it won't be beaten.
Laurent Roberts free-kick against Man Utd to win 4-3. Wonder free-kick right into the back of the Gallowgate net. Brilliant.

or Ryan Taylor over the wall, V Sunderland 1-0.

Obviously the 99 CL final and Aguero etc are some of the best, but thought i'd go for a couple a bit different :smile:
Nothing in English football can ever top the ending of the 1999 UEFA Champions League final. The Aguero one was one of those all-time dramatic moments too, but anyone who puts that above the Solskjaer goal is either too young to remember 99 or probably a die-hard believer in the "OMG man yoo killed football man!" mantra that fans of almost every other English club have been bleating en masse for the past decade.

The game has changed so much in the 15 years since that epic season that the feat of that time can almost certainly never be repeated again. To win the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League in one season is extremely unlikely now, even more so than it was then ... but to do it playing fast, attacking football, with the core of the squad made up of genuine top class home grown players from your own academy, and in such dramatic fashion? It'll never, ever, ever be topped. Barcelona 2011 is the closest thing I can think of but I didn't really enjoy their style of play as much.
Anyone who doesn't say this is wrong

[video="youtube;6764iSnVJPQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6764iSnVJPQ[/video]
iniesta against chelsea in the champions league semi final
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Anyone who doesn't say this is wrong

[video="youtube;6764iSnVJPQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6764iSnVJPQ[/video]

Superb.

Has to be Deeeeeney even though I'm a Leicester fan, absolute mental ending. Took me ages to get over it.
Original post by Muriel Bing
Superb.

Has to be Deeeeeney even though I'm a Leicester fan, absolute mental ending. Took me ages to get over it.

Please, according to my alcohol shelf, that day never happened. For some reason, May 2013 went straight from the 11th to the 13th.
Reply 32
For me it was Brighton vs Swindon in the Division 2 play off semi final. We were 1-0 up after the first leg and losing 2-0 until the final minute of extra time. Throw in came into the box and was headed in for 2-1 (2-2 on aggregate). We won on penalties and won the final to go up to Division 1.

It was a great evening.
Man City v Gillingham 1999
Div 2 play off
Paul Dikov equaliser.

The rest is history...
For me, Bale at West Ham two seasons ago. Absolute pandemonium in our end. Still got the shin scars.
Original post by Muriel Bing
Superb.

How did you feel when it went in?
Original post by Wilfred Little
How did you feel when it went in?

Disbelief more than anything, could only happen to Leicester.
1999 final to win the treble is special, City winning the league like that was amazing but they have both been mentioned loads so I will go for a slightly older one in Arsenal vs Liverpool 1989 at Anfield. If Liverpool don't lose by 2 or more then they win the title on the last day of the season and in the 90th minute it is 1-0. That is arguably even better than the City one because it wasn't just a last minute goal to win the title, it was a last minute goal to steal the title from the team you are playing on that day at their ground.
Reply 38
Aguero's goal, I really did not want United to win the Prem that season.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Please, according to my alcohol shelf, that day never happened. For some reason, May 2013 went straight from the 11th to the 13th.

only time between then and Kermogant awful chip penalty against Cardiff was I as frustrated. Tbf, Leicester had am awful 12 games prior to that and only just scraped past Forest to knick sixth place.

Quick Reply

Latest