The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Cricket at KCL

Hopefully I will be studying at KCL in September and I am wondering what sort of standard of cricket is played by the KCL first eleven and then as well by the university of London!?
hope so one can help
thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Sm7171
Hopefully I will be studying at KCL in September and I am wondering what sort of standard of cricket is played by the KCL first eleven and then as well by the university of London!?
hope so one can help
thanks!

No idea, bet you're asian though? :biggrin:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by kumon
No idea, bet you're asian though? :biggrin:

List of some non-Asian international cricket teams:
England
Australia
South Africa
Zimbabwe
West Indies

Plus some of my Irish & Scottish friends love cricket more than football. My ethnicity is Pakistani but I like football. Hence, it is not true that a cricket fan is always from India or Pakistan :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by universal_set
List of some non-Asian international cricket teams:
England
Australia
South Africa
Zimbabwe
West Indies

Plus some of my Irish & Scottish friends love cricket more than football. My ethnicity is Pakistani but I like football. Hence, it is not true that a cricket fan is always from India or Pakistan :tongue:

Who won at lords recently :rofl
Also the fact that you're pakistani and responded to this thread means you fufiled my sterotype haha :tongue: It's not a bad thing, it's a good true stereotype! :smile:
Original post by kumon
Who won at lords recently :rofl

I don't know & what does it have to do with the this thread?

Also the fact that you're pakistani and responded to this thread means you fufiled my sterotype haha :tongue: It's not a bad thing, it's a good true stereotype! :smile:

I didn't reply because it is about cricket. I don't even like cricket. I replied because your post was utterly rubbish.
Reply 5
I don't know & what does it have to do with the this thread?

I didn't reply because it is about cricket. I don't even like cricket. I replied because your post was utterly rubbish.

An asian team won counter to the list of "western teams", I was playing to the stereotype, so stop being such an aggressive person when I didn't even start on you.
Original post by kumon
An asian team won counter to the list of "western teams", I was playing to the stereotype, so stop being such an aggressive person when I didn't even start on you.

I don't see a point that why are you telling me this because I don't care who won the cricket match & who didn't win it. I have no interest in cricket. :tongue:

Sorry, if I sound aggressive although I didn't mean to be harsh with you. I simply don't like the stereotype thoughts. But if any of my word have offended you then I take it back.
Reply 7
I don't see a point that why are you telling me this because I don't care who won the cricket match & who didn't win it. I have no interest in cricket. :tongue:

Sorry, if I sound aggressive although I didn't mean to be harsh with you. I simply don't like the stereotype thoughts. But if any of my word have offended you then I take it back.

I thought you said originally you were pakistani and you were saying something about irish people being good at cricket, so I responded saying an asian team won, which went along with my sterotype, and that sterotype isn't always a bad thing as long as it's not offensive.

And yes this is why I love kcl applicants :smile: We solve issues in like 2 minutes :biggrin:
Original post by kumon
I thought you said originally you were pakistani and you were saying something about irish people being good at cricket, so I responded saying an asian team won, which went along with my sterotype, and that sterotype isn't always a bad thing as long as it's not offensive.

And yes this is why I love kcl applicants :smile: We solve issues in like 2 minutes :biggrin:

Yeah, I am Pakistani. I said that my Irish friends like cricket but as I am not an expert so I can't comment whether they play good or bad :wink:

I hope that such a trivial issue won't make a dent on our academic relationship :wink:
Reply 9
Yeah, I am Pakistani. I said that my Irish friends like cricket but as I am not an expert so I can't comment whether they play good or bad :wink:

I hope that such a trivial issue won't make a dent on our academic relationship :wink:

Nah us men can settle the worst of disputes with a few punches and be good at the end of it, unlike girls or those bitchy boys who will hold a grudge for life and be two faced about it :rofl: If you know what I mean?
Original post by kumon
Nah us men can settle the worst of disputes with a few punches and be good at the end of it, unlike girls or those bitchy boys who will hold a grudge for life and be two faced about it :rofl: If you know what I mean?

Hahaha... Yeah, I know.
Reply 11
Hey! I was wondering the same thing! Pakistani in da house 😎 what course are you gonna do and where're you from?! In doing politics of the international economy.
I've heard the cricket scene isn't that good though...
Original post by Jay9874
Hey! I was wondering the same thing! Pakistani in da house 😎 what course are you gonna do and where're you from?! In doing politics of the international economy.
I've heard the cricket scene isn't that good though...

Hey! I will be studying maths :smile:
Reply 13
Hey! I will be studying maths :smile:

Oh cool. Is it based at the Strand campus?
Original post by Jay9874
Oh cool. Is it based at the Strand campus?

Yes. What about you? Waterloo?
Reply 15
Yes. What about you? Waterloo?

Nope. Strand too. 😃

Quick Reply

Latest