The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Animal Behaviour and Welfare 2014 - Reaseheath College

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jentee21
Yeah same! I didn't put student village either, I put platt catered as my 3rd ha. Wonder when we will find out what rooms We'v got!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are supposed to find out mid august so a couple of weeks i guess?
But a friend who went last year said she didnt find out till the end of august so i guess it depends :biggrin:
But i know we can move in on the 14th september which is a sunday then w/c 15th is freshers and uni lecture time begins on the 22nd. we dont get our student finance till the 22nd
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by LorenzoRey
But a friend who went last year said she didnt find out till the end of august so i guess it depends :biggrin:
But i know we can move in on the 14th september which is a sunday then w/c 15th is freshers and uni lecture time begins on the 22nd. we dont get our student finance till the 22nd

That's good to know! I only new the move in date and lecture dates. Yeah people might find out at different times. I'm looking forward to freshers! Hope they have some good things planned for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good to know! I only new the move in date and lecture dates. Yeah people might find out at different times. I'm looking forward to freshers! Hope they have some good things planned for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I know its not gonna be your average freshers due to the fact its a college, but i know they plan nights out to nantwich for the HE students, i think the FE and HE students do the same activities on site for freshers though
Original post by rachellankester
You should definitely make a Facebook group - a group & thread was made for my group last year and it's brilliant! Really helps for meeting new people, asking advice, and posting interesting things throughout the year!

Reaseheath do have a Freshers week (2 to be exact), but some of the activities do involve the FE students! RH Freshers is more of socials, bbqs, movie nights, whereas Chester is obviously going out to clubs etc! Chester don't provide transport for Freshers, but if you email them at student services they are happy to provide a mini bus if you give them a number of people :smile: I personally didn't go to Chester freshers, and everyone on the ABW will be at Reaseheath anyway, so I wouldn't say its any better for meeting/getting to know people, but I know its definitely a good time, but Reaseheath can be good too! They have socials every Thursday at RH, sometimes with a theme, which is really fun :smile: You do get the chance to go to the Chester Freshers Fair though, where you can sign up to clubs & societies - it's good to get free gifts and things, but there isn't much point in joining Chester societies as you're only there once a week for lectures! Reaseheath have a conservation society which is good for the course, but thats about it.

Reaseheath accommodation is nice in Platt & Chetwood - I'd recommend Platt first though. The wifi and laundrettes have been a bit rubbish this year, but I'm 99% sure they're sorting them all for next year! Reaseheath is a really lovely campus, as you'll see on the open day if you go. The Student Village isn't amazing, its just tiny portacabins really, and is known as the 'party village' - I know people who love to party who really like student village, but I personally wouldn't like to live there. I didn't get campus accommodation when I started due to living on a bus route in fairly close proximity to the college, so I got off-campus accommodation. I actually left this and moved back home & just drove to Reaseheath when I needed to be in, because I really didn't like it, but it might work for you :smile: It's really only because no one from Reaseheath is ever in the off-campus accommodation - it's all Manchester MET students, often in their second and third year. A couple of my friends on the course both dislike their off campus accommodation, and most of my other friends actually live at home and have no regrets. In second year of course you'll know everyone and will be living in Chester, which is much better.

You do see the FE students yes, but mostly if you don't live in. Living in you can eat and hang out in your room, but with not living in, you share the canteen with FE students! However, there is a HE centre just for us, which is much better as there's no FE. I've not felt like I'm at uni at all this year, but that's probably due to not living in, however it still has a really nice atmosphere. When you go to Chester once a week that definitely has more of a university atmosphere :smile:

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just ask!

Thank you for posting this thread! I wanted to ask about the internet access, because in the accommodation booklet which came within my enrollment pack said that living in Platt and Chetwood would mean you have to pay extra for internet connection. I've emailed Reaseheath student services etc but never got a reply, so was wondering if you could advise? Many thanks again. And the facebook group would be a great idea x
I did at BTEC level 3 course in animal managment
And yes i did a gap year, i worked (as id never had a job before) and im getting ever closer to learning to drive as i recently passed my theory and hope to do my practical soon although i wont actually have a car during uni XD
When i finished college i was so nervous and didnt have the confidence to go to uni but after working ect im a bit better so i thought id just go for it and i did ^_^

Do you know what the accommodation looks like? Chetwood/Platt as ive been to reaseheath but didnt get to see any accommodation... im super curious.

I've seen the accommodation at Reaseheath but it may have only been Chetwood and it has the most loudest alarm system so if the building gets broken into you will know. But the rooms are nice (the one I went in anyway) she had an en-suite which was fairly sized, her bedroom was also a decent size. The kitchen which I went into had a lovely view outside. Overall it does seem decent. :biggrin:
Original post by tiacastle
Great idea!

I agree with the Facebook group, at least then we can all in this thread put a name to a face and not feel so nervous ? :smile:
Original post by 0scillate wildly
ah I've got a few questions!
does reaseheath do a freshers week like chester will, or is it worth travelling to chester campus for it?
what is reaseheath accommodation like? or is it worth finding off-campus accommodation?
as it's a FE campus as well, do you see a lot of the younger students or does it feel like a proper uni?

I'm hoping more people reply to this thread, I was thinking of making a facebook group for the course.

I was going to find accommodation off campus, but I've been told by many it is worth staying onsite in the accommodation just for the experience alone and its a great way to meet new friends and people. :smile:
Original post by stacey.harding19
I agree with the Facebook group, at least then we can all in this thread put a name to a face and not feel so nervous ? :smile:

FB page is a great idea but someone said about making it after results day but does it matter as they can still join after they get their results anyway so i dont think it makes a difference

Anyone good at making FB pages or knows how as im not good with things like that.
I'm up for doing it unless others would prefer ? :smile:
I'm up for doing it unless others would prefer ? :smile:

its ok i got it!
https://www.facebook.com/Reaseheath2014Students
Just liked the page :smile:
Just liked the page :smile:

Thanks i saw :biggrin:
Reply 72
I've seen the accommodation at Reaseheath but it may have only been Chetwood and it has the most loudest alarm system so if the building gets broken into you will know. But the rooms are nice (the one I went in anyway) she had an en-suite which was fairly sized, her bedroom was also a decent size. The kitchen which I went into had a lovely view outside. Overall it does seem decent. :biggrin:

The alarm system kept going off when I went to look around the accommodation aswell! I wonder if we were there at the same time or if it's a regular thing that it goes off haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73

Thanks for making that page! =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for making that page! =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile:
The alarm system kept going off when I went to look around the accommodation aswell! I wonder if we were there at the same time or if it's a regular thing that it goes off haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it may be a regular thing as my friend went to the most recent open day and it went off, but how strange would that have been if we had been there on the same day? I think I visited last year some time ... x
Original post by Merry_Michael
Look for me or make a new one if it's easier

Original post by rachellankester
Yes, it does have a gym, newly built. :smile:

Original post by EmmDixon
I can look for you if you want if not I'll try and make one? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

page has been made :smile:
Reply 78
I think it may be a regular thing as my friend went to the most recent open day and it went off, but how strange would that have been if we had been there on the same day? I think I visited last year some time ... x

Yeah that would be strange! I went in November to the open day. I hope it's only regular for when people are looking around haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79

On my UCAS it says I start on the 28th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending