The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick POSTGRADUATE applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey! My name is Jacintha, hopefully starting in Septmeber this year. I'll be studying Int. Development in PAIS. :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by jeodonye
Hey! My name is Jacintha, hopefully starting in Septmeber this year. I'll be studying Int. Development in PAIS. :smile:

Ooh what modules did you pick? I picked all IPE-type ones (Politics of international trade & politics of global finance) but had a pretty tough time deciding - the public policy one was very tempting.
Reply 22
Hey! So I picked Answer: The Global Food System and Gender and Global Politics (both 20 credits) and Economic Cultures and Global Flows: Rethinking International Political Economy. Theories and Issues in International Political Economy was an insurance module.

I wish there was a way to view the student intranet (to see the average marks of past students and feedback of the module.)
Hey! So I picked Answer: The Global Food System and Gender and Global Politics (both 20 credits) and Economic Cultures and Global Flows: Rethinking International Political Economy. Theories and Issues in International Political Economy was an insurance module.

I wish there was a way to view the student intranet (to see the average marks of past students and feedback of the module.)

Yeah that would be awesome, along with sample essay questions etc. I've yet to find a current/past postgrad in PaIS to quiz though.
Original post by Kat274
Hi there,
I'm starting an MBA in September :smile: I've got the same problem with accommodation, it's so expensive and I'd prefer living in a flat in Leamington, but it's a bit difficult, if you don't know anyone. What's your preferred on-campus accommodation?

Hi, I actually go to Sixth Form in Leamington. Their are alot of students from Warwick Uni who live there.

From what I know it's relatively cheap, and an AMAZING place to live. Its a middle class area, and you don't run into much trouble. Their is one big high street that has a range of shops; from Tesos to Retail :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by bulbokov
Yeah that would be awesome, along with sample essay questions etc. I've yet to find a current/past postgrad in PaIS to quiz though.

Lol. I know right. Have you applied for accommodation yet?
Lol. I know right. Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Yep, first choice is Tocil, 2nd Claycroft, the other 2 are the en-suite rooms. Really want the convenience of living on campus even though it could end up being quite expensive - just makes late sessions in the library and the winter/rain so much easier.

How about you?
Reply 27
Yep, first choice is Tocil, 2nd Claycroft, the other 2 are the en-suite rooms. Really want the convenience of living on campus even though it could end up being quite expensive - just makes late sessions in the library and the winter/rain so much easier.

How about you?

I know right. fair point. But Tocil is just 40 weeks isnt? Will you transfer then afterwards? I was thinking Claycroft first choice and then the rest of the ensuite rooms. I'm applying today btw.
I know right. fair point. But Tocil is just 40 weeks isnt? Will you transfer then afterwards? I was thinking Claycroft first choice and then the rest of the ensuite rooms. I'm applying today btw.

Yeah but right now I'm not very sure if I'll stay in Warwick for the summer, I may use LSE's library when writing my dissertation since I can stay in London for free. I'm undecided right now, but in I think in week 8 you can apply for summer accommodation which I may do. I just didn't really want to be tied into a longer contract if I wasn't sure about it.
Reply 29
Ookay..sounds good
Reply 30

How about you?

I did the same as you for accommodation. However, I might end up off-campus since I'm not an international student... But I really hope I'll be on campus... otherwise I won't be able to spend my nights in the Lib D: ahah

And yeah, I think Tocil is much better than en-suite accommodations which are soooo far away from main campus and really expensive.
Original post by Takius
I did the same as you for accommodation. However, I might end up off-campus since I'm not an international student... But I really hope I'll be on campus... otherwise I won't be able to spend my nights in the Lib D: ahah

And yeah, I think Tocil is much better than en-suite accommodations which are soooo far away from main campus and really expensive.

Yeah I wish they had some stats on how many people apply for accommodation, how likely we are to receive it etc. I think most international students go more for en-suites but I suppose we'll see! Spareroom has a few advertisements across the road from campus, so I may go to one of those but I'd like to be living with all post-grads.
Reply 32
Yeah I wish they had some stats on how many people apply for accommodation, how likely we are to receive it etc. I think most international students go more for en-suites but I suppose we'll see! Spareroom has a few advertisements across the road from campus, so I may go to one of those but I'd like to be living with all post-grads.

I think there are around 2000 PG accommodations on-campus... and a little bit more new PG students every year... so most of PG will end up on campus I think... but still, since the campus allocation is made by ballot, if you're unlucky (like me) you can end up in Coventry ( yeaaah....). But I think we just have to wait and see. I think they're gonna start making offers in mid-August. But I really want to be on-campus (and in Tocil!), otherwise I'll try to find a flat in Leamington because there's no way I'm going to Coventry!

By the way, anyone attending the orientation week?
Hey guys! I will be starting my postgraduate degree of Creative and Media Enterprises at Warwick and couldn't be more excited! I will also attend the orientation week so hope to see you there :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by amethrine
Hey guys! I will be starting my postgraduate degree of Creative and Media Enterprises at Warwick and couldn't be more excited! I will also attend the orientation week so hope to see you there :smile:

Hey Amethrine! I feel the same, I'm so excited. I can't wait to be in September! Have you applied for accommodation?!

By the way guys, if you have questions about Warwick, you can ask me since I've studied one year at Warwick as part of my ERASMUS year.
Original post by Takius
Hey Amethrine! I feel the same, I'm so excited. I can't wait to be in September! Have you applied for accommodation?!

By the way guys, if you have questions about Warwick, you can ask me since I've studied one year at Warwick as part of my ERASMUS year.

Yes I did, my first preference was Heronbank and after that Lakeside as I heard they are both convenient for postgraduate life, let's see what will happen :smile: what will you study at Warwick?
Reply 36
Original post by amethrine
Yes I did, my first preference was Heronbank and after that Lakeside as I heard they are both convenient for postgraduate life, let's see what will happen :smile: what will you study at Warwick?

Heronbank and Lakeside were my third and fourth choice, they are too far away from central campus and I'm a lazy person :tongue: . I choosed Tocil first (less expensive and central.... and really cosy!) and then Claycroft. But I might end up off-campus if I'm not lucky.

I'll do an LLM in Advanced Legal Studies and I can't wait to begin... but my modules only start week 2 of October ahah, so I still have plenty of time! Are you from England?
Original post by Takius
Heronbank and Lakeside were my third and fourth choice, they are too far away from central campus and I'm a lazy person :tongue: . I choosed Tocil first (less expensive and central.... and really cosy!) and then Claycroft. But I might end up off-campus if I'm not lucky.

I'll do an LLM in Advanced Legal Studies and I can't wait to begin... but my modules only start week 2 of October ahah, so I still have plenty of time! Are you from England?

Nope I am from Istanbul, Turkey! A huge change awaits me as you can see :smile: I will PM you to ask more question btw! haha
Wow I haven't been on TSR in over 2 years...

Hi anyway

I only just found out today that I've been accepted for a PhD place at the WBS.
I guess I'm late to this party.
Reply 39
Hi All! I am starting my masters in September at Warwick. I got offered an off campus accommodation which I am not so sure about and have to decide on in two days! I was wondering if anyone else has gotten offered off campus accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest