The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saf94
Guaranteed starter? I'd have thought Nasri is alot more likely to start with having only Milner and Jesus Navas as competition for his place, whereas Sterling has Lallana and Markovic. Also given the fact that he's still only like 19 and with European football I doubt he can play 50/60 games in a season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

After last season I'll be surprised if Brendan doesn't start him for the first couple of games, plus he had a decent world cup much better than the rest of the English team.
Alexis or Costa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
jovetic scoring two for city?

Only a friendly, but making me less confident of dzeko
Jovetic and Sterling stood out last night for me. Looking good.
Reply 464
Original post by chigyy
After last season I'll be surprised if Brendan doesn't start him for the first couple of games, plus he had a decent world cup much better than the rest of the English team.

Yeah I'm sure he'll do very well but I also think he'll get rested a bit and won't play as many games as Nasri. You don't want to burn out young players otherwise they'll end up peaking by 24/25 like Michael Owen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chigyy
I had him at first, but then thinking about it Sterling is a MUCH better choice for the same price. He's a guaranteed starter, unlike Nasri who has a lot of competition, and will definitely bag some goals and a handful of assists.

Debatable with the loss of Suarez. Plus he had one good half season, Nasri has well and truly proved his ability. Think Nasri is a safer starting option personally.
Thoughts on Shane Long as a third striker? Looking at his competition for value at 6 mil there is like Crouch, Ings (and some other promoted strikers), The Villa bunch and potentially Bojan (maybe? bit of a weird one, still in shock at the transfer).

I like Long and think he looked good lined up with Jelavic at the end of last season. Not sure if he is my best option though.
Reply 467
Original post by fallen_acorns

I know same I'm worried about whether Dzeko will start now

In terms of balance you'd think it's one of Jovetic/Aguero and one of Dzeko/Negredo?
Reply 469
Original post by Louis.
In terms of balance you'd think it's one of Jovetic/Aguero and one of Dzeko/Negredo?

why can't it be dzeko/aguero jovetic/negredo?
Original post by Qari
why can't it be dzeko/aguero jovetic/negredo?

Dzeko and Negredo are strikers who lead the line, albeit in different ways.

Aguero and Jovetic are more skilful, more adept at dropping deeper and taking players on. I think they both benefit from playing off someone else.

The best partnership will probably be taking one from each category, it'll lead to a more balanced side. I know it's a very simplistic interpretation but there's truth behind it.
Original post by Louis.

true,

I liked dzeko as a good option for the start of the season, when I thought negredo was injured, and Jovetic would not start most games..

But that seems less secure now..

May stick with the rule that no city striker is rotation proof except a fully fit aguero.
Does anyone know how you can copy a pitch view of your team? Ta :smile:
Reply 473
Original post by Multitalented me

Original post by Louis.
Dzeko and Negredo are strikers who lead the line, albeit in different ways.

Aguero and Jovetic are more skilful, more adept at dropping deeper and taking players on. I think they both benefit from playing off someone else.

The best partnership will probably be taking one from each category, it'll lead to a more balanced side. I know it's a very simplistic interpretation but there's truth behind it.

Dzeko was played when Aguero got injured alongside Negredo
Reply 474
Wheeeey Chudley Cannons FC back up in this piece. :awesome:
Original post by Multitalented me

I print screen then upload in imgur.
Reply 476
Original post by aja89
Wheeeey Chudley Cannons FC back up in this piece. :awesome:

haha HP reference?
true,

I liked dzeko as a good option for the start of the season, when I thought negredo was injured, and Jovetic would not start most games..

But that seems less secure now..

May stick with the rule that no city striker is rotation proof except a fully fit aguero.

I think I'll still go with Dzeko while Negredo is injured and Aguero might have a WC hangover. And if/when Dzeko's minutes start being reduced it'll be more clear who the must have strikers are.

Got a similar thought process with Giroud.

Original post by Qari
Dzeko was played when Aguero got injured alongside Negredo

Jovetic was probably injured, or out of form because of injury. It's a partnership that was forced on them.

I try not to be influenced too much by pre-season, it's usually full of false dawns.
Original post by ..DT..
Thoughts on Shane Long as a third striker? Looking at his competition for value at 6 mil there is like Crouch, Ings (and some other promoted strikers), The Villa bunch and potentially Bojan (maybe? bit of a weird one, still in shock at the transfer).

I like Long and think he looked good lined up with Jelavic at the end of last season. Not sure if he is my best option though.

As a Hull fan I can tell you it is a poor choice. Now we have 2 good strikers (ish) and a few acceptable backups Brucey will rotate a lot more and moybe play just 1 up top at times. Long is fast and can finish like the best but he just doesn't get enough chances and he is a typical poacher. He reminds me massively of an off form Robbie Keane.
I am assuming you have multiple big midfielders so I would drop 1 of them for an Eriksen/Lamela/Nasri/Sterling/De Jong and pick a decent forward like Dzeko.
Original post by ..DT..

Rather spend a bit more and get a proper striker.

Be very careful with Villa ones - we'll only play one centrally and if Kozak is fit he'll start, but if he's not it'll be Bent or Agbonlahor through the middle. But Kozak back soon, then Bent soon after. Definitely avoid.

N'Zogbia on the right of a front three on the other hand :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest