The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by ManicPumpkin
Oh definitely! I'm buzzin! :wink: Bring it on!

Anything to make results day fun! For the last 2 years I've had bets with my parents: for every top grade (A/1) I get £20, but for everything B/2 or below I have to give them £20 from my own pocket. Let's just say that due to a severe case of CBA, I've not taken them up on it this year...
Original post by JTR__
Anything to make results day fun! For the last 2 years I've had bets with my parents: for every top grade (A/1) I get £20, but for everything B/2 or below I have to give them £20 from my own pocket. Let's just say that due to a severe case of CBA, I've not taken them up on it this year...

If you got a B you had to give them £20?! Jeez...

So by your system, last year I would have earned £60 and lost £40, therefore making £20 in total. Doesn't seem worth it tbh! :tongue:
Original post by Raabiah
Does anyone else think that the higher English essay questions this year were really specific and hard to write on? Just hoping I'm not the only one that did!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely! I feel like although they were good questions they weren't straight forward and were a little awkward! Although - in a couple of my exams questions were worded differently than usual :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by weejackie10
Any higher marking instructions up yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm only aware of nat 5 ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 344
I'm up for bets. Pay by PayPal.
Original post by Ecasx
I'm up for bets. Pay by PayPal.

Deal. I put 6/5 odds on you arguing with someone on this thread before next week. Any takers?
Original post by Pennyarcade
Deal. I put 6/5 odds on you arguing with someone on this thread before next week. Any takers?

Ok then :tongue:

Btw, on an unrelated note, do you think if I get a tutor and go to private schools, that is buying my grades? I was just wondering you see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 347

Easy bet, take it ****ers

Original post by Asklepios

Btw, on an unrelated note, do you think if I get a tutor and go to private schools, that is buying my grades? I was just wondering you see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I admire 5 AH A1s. Would mire more at state

Posted from TSR Mobile

You obvs be trollin'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you get carded for trolling. You should be ashamed.
I hope you get carded for trolling. You should be ashamed.

Seconded, please keep conversation civil and on topic. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ewwwwwww private schools are so yucky and snobby and all the ppl there arent actually smart they just somehow pass the exams coz their teachers teach them i mean how unfair is it to actually get taught by a teacher ://///
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Ewwwwwww private schools are so yucky and snobby and all the ppl there arent actually smart they just somehow pass the exams coz their teachers teach them i mean how unfair is it to actually get taught by a teacher ://///

I was taught perfectly well by all of my teachers at a state school.

On another note, I have no juice and no shops near me. This is why I hate not being at uni. If I was at uni there would be a massive tesco ten minutes away, or at my new flat there would be a tesco that doesn't close until midnight (but I'd be closer from work so it would be open when I got back). FS man.
Reply 353
Is it sad that no-one thinks I look intelligent? Made a good few bets for 7 A's, for favours including and extending beyond money. Of course, saying I got 5 B's and 2 C's in the prelims helps.
Original post by TheFOMaster
I was taught perfectly well by all of my teachers at a state school.

On another note, I have no juice and no shops near me. This is why I hate not being at uni. If I was at uni there would be a massive tesco ten minutes away, or at my new flat there would be a tesco that doesn't close until midnight (but I'd be closer from work so it would be open when I got back). FS man.

Should've went to a private school and then you might be able to solve this problem.
Original post by Ecasx
Is it sad that no-one thinks I look intelligent? Made a good few bets for 7 A's, for favours including and extending beyond money. Of course, saying I got 5 B's and 2 C's in the prelims helps.

Ecasx, we think you look intelligent :wink:
Only four days ermagherd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Only four days ermagherd

Posted from TSR Mobile

and now im nervous... haha
Can't sleep thinking about them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AspiringMedic8

Wow... you're not judgmental at all.

Quick Reply

Latest