The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nadine_08
Do you think it's rude if a student walks past you in school and acts like you're not there?

It depends, sometimes they do it to be rude but other times they are perhaps just really shy.
Original post by Autistic Merit
As my username suggests, I am indeed autistic (Asperger's). Not hugely severe though but I do have social difficulties (very rigid thought) and difficulty with seeing things from another perspective, if that makes sense.

I have Asperger's too! :biggrin:

Is becoming a teacher a good job for autistic people?

And you're funny too. You're always making me laugh. :lol:
Have you ever been fancied by a pupil?
Have you had an ofsted person watch you teach? :biggrin:
Original post by TaciturnPhantom
I have Asperger's too! :biggrin:

Is becoming a teacher a good job for autistic people?

And you're funny too. You're always making me laugh. :lol:

I think it's a good job for us but the social aspect is quite difficult. I used to find break and lunch quite difficult as I wasn't sure what to do with myself, it was 'unstructured' to me!

And, thank you, I don't try to be funny though. :colonhash:
Original post by daisychain_
Have you ever been fancied by a pupil?

Yeah, it can be quite awkward of course. God knows why they would fancy me either.

BTW this question has been asked about 10 times now! :eek:
I think it's a good job for us but the social aspect is quite difficult. I used to find break and lunch quite difficult as I wasn't sure what to do with myself, it was 'unstructured' to me!

And, thank you, I don't try to be funny though. :colonhash:

Is it nice and orderly apart from break? (I'm not very good at "unstructured" jobs.) I like the idea of passing down knowledge. :smile:

That face expression. :rofl3::rofl::lol:
Is it nice and orderly apart from break? (I'm not very good at "unstructured" jobs.) I like the idea of passing down knowledge. :smile:

That face expression. :rofl3::rofl::lol:

Yeah it's very structured; you'll always have a lot of tasks to be getting on with even if you're not teaching.
Yeah it's very structured; you'll always have a lot of tasks to be getting on with even if you're not teaching.

That sounds good! :biggrin: I like routine and order a lot!

How do you become a maths teacher?
That sounds good! :biggrin: I like routine and order a lot!

How do you become a maths teacher?

Have to do a 3 year degree (doesn't have to be maths) and then do a maths PGCE.
Have to do a 3 year degree (doesn't have to be maths) and then do a maths PGCE.

What's a maths PGCE like?
What's a maths PGCE like?

A lot of it is quite boring but it is quite practical too and challenging.
A lot of it is quite boring but it is quite practical too and challenging.

Is it stressful having lots of people asking you questions on a thread?
Is it stressful having lots of people asking you questions on a thread?

I find it stressful enough that I'm gonna take a break for a bit.
How muh do you actually earn?
Have you ever fancied one of your pupils.
I find it stressful enough that I'm gonna take a break for a bit.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kept asking all those question. :cry2: I should have known that it can be overwhelming.
Has anyone ever asked during a lesson "can I go to the toilet?" to which you replied with "Why didn't you go during your break?"

:colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hellodave5
One of the big temptations of moving to a Nordic country!! Singapore is a little too far :P

I guess it would be societal value of education, as it mostly comes from parents at that age (?).

I've had to reply to your comments as you seem to be speaking everything that I want to. :smile: I too, am very keen to travel over to The Netherlands to explore their way of teaching- the education philosphy is admired all across the globe.
I'm an aspiring teacher, but I just don't want to go into teaching when at the moment it seems far too overpowering, and like the OP has said, teacher's in Modern schools in Britain are overwhelmed with burreacracy and poor behaviour from stressed and bored students, also very limited in what they want to do- and moreover, teach.

I guess I'll have to look at teaching abroad- I can't see myself teaching with the current state of the education system. International schools seem quite attractive to me at the moment. :smile:
Original post by Amy. J S
I've had to reply to your comments as you seem to be speaking everything that I want to. :smile: I too, am very keen to travel over to The Netherlands to explore their way of teaching- the education philosphy is admired all across the globe.
I'm an aspiring teacher, but I just don't want to go into teaching when at the moment it seems far too overpowering, and like the OP has said, teacher's in Modern schools in Britain are overwhelmed with burreacracy and poor behaviour from stressed and bored students, also very limited in what they want to do- and moreover, teach.

I guess I'll have to look at teaching abroad- I can't see myself teaching with the current state of the education system. International schools seem quite attractive to me at the moment. :smile:

Go into politics on the side... just for the cause of changing the system. No reason why not. You could add me to your supporters, if that is your cause.
School was the worst time of my life. Everything went well upwards since I left.
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
Has a kid in your class ever wrote a story about his family hunting a werewolf?

Only you would ask that:rolleyes:

Latest