The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pinzgauer
You're wasting your time.

Your whole arguing is waste of time...unless you're paid. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not according to the media I'm reading.

It looks like Hamas mounted an attack and kidnapped a soldier. The time line on Jpost suggest this took place before artillery strikes.

ToI are saying (and I gave you the report at 08:21 on their blog) that the IAF carried out air strikes along the strip a couple of minutes AFTER the ceasefire came into effect.

It seems, if we were to go by the ToI's timeline, Israel broke the ceasefire first...
One thing is very clear: the Palestinian attack that ended the ceasefire was a pre-planned, multi-staged attack, not a local response

Seems that I was correct. Hamas waited for the ceasefire to launch a serious attack.

Evidence or are you resorting to making uncorroborated and unsubstantiated evidence?
Breaking: HAMAS have captured a soldier.

IDF are saying there is a strong indication that this was the case...

This is a game changer...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tsr1269
Evidence or are you resorting to making uncorroborated and unsubstantiated evidence?

I'm posting from news sources, not making things up like you.

Hamas mounted an attack after the ceasefire.

It took awhile for the news to filter out which is why TOI was posting that artillery hit, but didn't mention the incident.
Original post by tsr1269

Not really.

Hamas terrorists will continue to die.
I'm posting from news sources, not making things up like you.

Hamas mounted an attack after the ceasefire.

It took awhile for the news to filter out which is why TOI was posting that artillery hit, but didn't mention the incident.

I am not talking about the artillery hit which took place around 2 hours after the ceasefire.

I'm talking about air strikes MINUTES AFTER the ceasefire came into effect...
Original post by tsr1269
Breaking: HAMAS have captured a soldier.

IDF are saying there is a strong indication that this was the case...

Just going to result in Israel playing the victim card yet again whilst ignoring the wider context of the situation...yet again
"Dozens of Palestinians have been killed just hours into a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip, medics say, after Israel and Hamas agreed to a 72-hour pause in fighting.

There was an immediate lull in fighting as the truce began at 8am local time (05:00 GMT) on Friday. However, less than three hours later, medics reported deaths in the south of the Palestinian territory. They said at least 40 people were killed as Israeli tanks fired shells into eastern Rafah."

Israel continuing to break ceasefire just like it has every time for the past decade.
Original post by MattBerry96
Just going to result in Israel playing the victim card yet again whilst ignoring the wider context of the situation...yet again

Wider context being that Hamas have broken another ceasefire and used it to launch a massive attack.
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Would you cry if your whole family was killed when the school they took refuge in was shelled? In a gaza scenario who would you blame? Hamas or the Israel?

It depends on whether I would be aware that Hamas hides it's weapons near me and stops civilians from taking shelter in their tunnels and the private bunker reserved for Hamas leadership.

As a Gazan I would be completely without the sources of news I have access to currently. No doubt I would blame somebody, probably whoever the word of mouth or Hamas tells me to blame.

You're wasting your time.

It is amusing though. And it is food for thought that these children are being failed and will be brought up damaged and with a hatred for the deaths of their families. It must be incredibly horrible to grow up in such a mind****.
Not really.

Hamas terrorists will continue to die.

But they have a bargaining chip.

Sayeret Matkal forces are likely to be deployed and now, it's just a race against time.

The ideal situation for HAMAS if you look at it. They know the area and are likely to have prepared for such an event.

If they make their escape and the IDF or their commandos go in hot, there are likely to be an increase in casualties.

Chase the "abducted soldier" and suffer more casualties or let things calm down and then negotiate for his release without additional casualties.

I guess it's just a waiting game now...
Wider context being that Hamas have broken another ceasefire and used it to launch a massive attack.

I was thinking more that when you have troops in Gaza, have been occupying them for decades, have been bombing them for years killing thousands of innocent civilians that you might antagonise certain Palestinians and cause them to fight back.. just maybe. Sure what Hamas did in kidnapping the soldier and them firing rockets is obviously bad and they shouldn't do it but equally what Israel is doing is also deplorable, if you can't agree on that there is something wrong with you.

The problem I have with both sides is that neither want to come to a peaceful agreement. It's no surprise as well, I heard that the current conflict in Gaza has a 97% approval rating in Israel so of course the Israeli govt don't want to end the conflict, likewise Hamas are popular in Gaza so they won't want to end the conflict.
Israel withdrew from Gaza

Hamas replied with terrorism.

Let me know when you get a moral compass, then we'll talk.

Until then, you're on mental ignore.

Oh, so Palestinians are free to leave Gaza whenever they like, the borders are open, Israel are not controlling the food supplies into Gaza, Palestinians do not have to use tunnels to get any resources into Gaza? And since Israel are the peaceful ones, Hamas are actually firing rockets from Israel into Gaza right? Because Israel definitely are not firing rockets. If you think Israel are peaceful you are deluded.

I have a moral compass that is telling me killing innocent children is wrong, but you support that. Says a lot about you.
Israel now reporting that a suicide bomber was used after ceasefire in initial attack

The left wing will be out marching for these people later.
Speaking with Ynet, a senior IDF source said that the possible kidnapping of an IDF soldier was carried out in a skirmish near a smuggling tunnel and was aided by a suicide bomber. According to him, a terrorists appeared while forces were searching for tunnels, one of them then blew himself up, during which time others kidnapped the solider.
Original post by Sic semper erat
I wish Israeli commanders like Ariel Sharon or Moshe Dayan were still alive, Gaza would be turned into a parking lot. Its the moral thing to do

They themselves would want to get out of hell, you know.
Israel withdrew from Gaza

Hamas replied with terrorism.

Let me know when you get a moral compass, then we'll talk.

Until then, you're on mental ignore.

Israel still technically occupies it.
Ariel Sharon had the eyes of an angel and the heart of a champion

Aye, an angel of death and a champion of evil.
Ariel Sharon had the eyes of an angel and the heart of a champion

*projectile vomits*

Latest

Trending

Trending