The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_wizard123
Rather spend a bit more and get a proper striker.

Be very careful with Villa ones - we'll only play one centrally and if Kozak is fit he'll start, but if he's not it'll be Bent or Agbonlahor through the middle. But Kozak back soon, then Bent soon after. Definitely avoid.

N'Zogbia on the right of a front three on the other hand :sexface:

But Weiman is the best 5.5 striker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
But Weiman is the best 5.5 striker

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but if he won't play, then it's irrelevant.
All these people going for 5.5/6m strikers are going to be wildcarding or taking hits early imo.
Reply 483
Original post by sr90
All these people going for 5.5/6m strikers are going to be wildcarding or taking hits early imo.

i had expensive strikers pre season last year. After first GW i took a 30+ hit
Original post by sr90

Couldnt agree more. Had kone and bent at start last season and was reluctant to wildcard so early so had poor start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joined division A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Why? 2 expensive and 1 cheap forward is surely the best way to go. If a striker does well I will transfer one of my expensive forwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Why? 2 expensive and 1 cheap forward is surely the best way to go. If a striker does well I will transfer one of my expensive forwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is it surely the best way to go? With strikers you get what you normally get what you pay for. If you want decent points then get a decent striker. Last year was pretty much an exception where midfielders were even close to the strikers for points and even then they were more expensive, all top strikers missed games and there were very good cheap midfield alternatives (Sterling, Lallana, Januzaj, Ramsey at start, Johnson, Puncheon.) With the exception of Lambert and Bony who still weren't cheap, only expensive strikers consistently performed well.
I have added a UFPL league code to the OP for anybody who wants to join that.
Okay, here's the current list of participants. Please give your team name (or new team name) so it's possible to identify people. If anybody has been missed, let me know.

Spoiler

Reply 490
Okay, here's the current list of participants. Please give your team name (or new team name) so it's possible to identify people. If anybody has been missed, let me know.

Spoiler

Lol, I am indeed playing but my name is just Chudley Cannons FC, the wheeey was just for general excitement. :cool:
Reply 491
Provisional starting 11. Concerned with lack of any Man City players.

Reply 492
Original post by aja89
Provisional starting 11. Concerned with lack of any Man City players.

Surely there's better cheap strikers than Vaz te. I'd be surprised if he plays a single minute this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

AK Hazards cheers
Original post by Alex Doran
As a Hull fan I can tell you it is a poor choice. Now we have 2 good strikers (ish) and a few acceptable backups Brucey will rotate a lot more and moybe play just 1 up top at times. Long is fast and can finish like the best but he just doesn't get enough chances and he is a typical poacher. He reminds me massively of an off form Robbie Keane.
I am assuming you have multiple big midfielders so I would drop 1 of them for an Eriksen/Lamela/Nasri/Sterling/De Jong and pick a decent forward like Dzeko.

I see what you mean, I just can't seem to free up enough to get that 2.5 mil for a decent third striker.

this is what I have at the moment. Any suggestions very much welcome.

Original post by Alex Doran
How is it surely the best way to go? With strikers you get what you normally get what you pay for. If you want decent points then get a decent striker. Last year was pretty much an exception where midfielders were even close to the strikers for points and even then they were more expensive, all top strikers missed games and there were very good cheap midfield alternatives (Sterling, Lallana, Januzaj, Ramsey at start, Johnson, Puncheon.) With the exception of Lambert and Bony who still weren't cheap, only expensive strikers consistently performed well.

I think that this year will be similar to last in the sense that mids will do well. Many have scoring capabilities while I dont see many strikers that will score 25+ goals. Having said that, you have tempted me to change my approach.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ..DT..
I just can't seem to free up enough to get that 2.5 mil for a decent third striker

RVP > Rooney and Williams > N.Taylor

Sorted.
Reply 497
Best choice 4.5m forward?
Original post by aja89

None of them. There isn't one player who'll play regularly and half of them will probably get loaned to clubs in the Championship.
Original post by aja89

seems like a really bad idea to me to go anywhere near that cheap forwards..

Quick Reply

Latest