The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zeldafanforever
Hey guys, does anybody know what the date for freshers week is? I've heard its September 15th and some say its the 22nd so I'm confused :s-smilie:

15th. Lectures start on the 22nd.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by zeldafanforever
Hey guys, does anybody know what the date for freshers week is? I've heard its September 15th and some say its the 22nd so I'm confused :s-smilie:

Hey! According to the orientation guide, freshers week is from 11th September until 21th. Classes start on the 22nd :smile:
Original post by William Turtle
Ashburne, according to the accommodation FAQ on this forum, is all female in the undergraduate part of the hall. There is a small, mixed postgraduate block.

You were right after all... only girls for undergraduate. I wasn't aware of that when I applied... but it's ok, I'll get used to it.
Thanks a lot :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beatriz_philo
I'm now on the Ashburne Hall on facebook and there also boys there, so I don't know... Will do when I get there, I guess :smile:

Could well have changed since the FAQ were written.

EDIT: Damn, I really should've read your next post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1764
Original post by subject_delta
15th. Lectures start on the 22nd.

Thank you!
Reply 1765
Hey! According to the orientation guide, freshers week is from 11th September until 21th. Classes start on the 22nd :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Hoping to apply for UoM this year. I really hope I haven't mucked up my AS. Manchester will be my firm. :smile:
Original post by Incubator
Hoping to apply for UoM this year. I really hope I haven't mucked up my AS. Manchester will be my firm. :smile:

What other unis will u be applying to ? And what course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who all are coming to UoM this year for BSc. Management?
Reply 1769
Who else here is hoping to get onto Chemistry? Can't wait for September now!
Original post by ItsJustMe17
What other unis will u be applying to ? And what course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will hopefully be doing Civil Engineering.

Im still thinking at the moment but probably Loughborough, Liverpool, Salford (if it all goes wrong) and still thinking of some :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela_d
Hey there Sidharth!

Sorry for the late reply..didn't have wifi access for a while :frown:
Turns out I'll be staying at Oak House in the end...I emailed the accom office and they changed it :smile: Heard Canterbury is lovely though, I'm sure you'll like it!

Hey! That's ok..
Oh great fallowfield is supposed to be the hub of all social activity. I have a couple friends staying at sheavyn. :smile:
I hope to see you around!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 92J
Who else here is hoping to get onto Chemistry? Can't wait for September now!

A friend of mine and I will be. Did you apply for the BSc or MChem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sidharthb
Hey! That's ok..
Oh great fallowfield is supposed to be the hub of all social activity. I have a couple friends staying at sheavyn. :smile:
I hope to see you around!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I've heard as well, super excited to for it :smile: For sure, see you in September!
Hey! Does anybody know how to order a bedding pack? I'm staying at Ashburne Hall

15 Orientation Guide on page
If you are going to be living in University accommodation, you might want to order a bedding pack to cut down on your luggage. This should be done in advance at estore.manchester.ac.uk. Please type the words ‘bedding pack’ in the search box.

Seems like they removed it. Try emailing accommodation{at}manchester.ac.uk or calling them and they should bring it back. It is possible to buy a bedding pack directly from Campus Reception when you arrive. Alternatively, you can also just go to Argos or ASDA and maybe buy bedding a bit cheaper.

Original post by kenwyne-jones
when do we get our login details to access the university's network? cos i wanna buy a laptop using a student discount

To access university's network:
1. Activate your IT account in this link. This will allow you to confirm your attendance and will also give you access to extensive IT facilities, including your own University email account.
2. Install VPN client by following this guide.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1775
Original post by William Turtle
A friend of mine and I will be. Did you apply for the BSc or MChem?

I'll be on the BSc but I may consider moving onto the MChem in the 2nd year depending on how well I do in the first. Do you have an accommodation offer yet? if so, where you at?
Reply 1776
So arriving at uni between the 12th and the 14th should be fine regardless of which hall I'm staying at ?
Original post by 92J
I'll be on the BSc but I may consider moving onto the MChem in the 2nd year depending on how well I do in the first. Do you have an accommodation offer yet? if so, where you at?

I'm Mchem-ing. Nope, no accommodation - I did A levels, so it'll be allocated after the 14th of August. I did just email the accommodation office requesting a change of my third choice from Dalton Ellis to Oak House.
This would've been my first sticky if it hadn't been bloody hijacked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, if Im holding a home student offer from manchester and I miss a grade, do they still accept me ?

I heard some of the international students can still get in even they miss the grades.?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending