The Student Room Group

Girls would you ever date a criminal or someone who used to be one?

Would you be willing to date a criminal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I actually am. It's a shame I can't use it as some form of work experience for my (hopefully) future career in the prison service :tongue:
Reply 2
Women can be criminals too.

Really rather sexist, OP. I'm sure all the females would agree.

Women are just as dirty as men... Naming no names, but women. are. filthy.
Original post by Steezy

women may be just as dirty as men, but thats exactly why we do not care about their personalities
I probably won't but if I did it would depend what the crime was and why he did it
Original post by Steezy

Maybe the OP is only concerned with whether women would? The post isn't even remotely sexist.
Reply 6
Original post by MidnightDream
I probably won't but if I did it would depend what the crime was and why he did it

I'm not a woman, but I'd answer this if I were. :biggrin:

don't think stealing a Mars Bar or a drunken assault merits being not dateable.
Depends what they'd done...
Reply 8
Original post by Steezy

Maybe he specifically wanted a female opinion?

How is this different to any of the other gender-specific topics here?
Is a criminal someone who has committed a crime or someone who has been convicted in this context?
It depends on the crime.
Reply 11
Original post by kimolozen
Maybe he specifically wanted a female opinion?

How is this different to any of the other gender-specific topics here?

I take it back, take it back!!

I was trying to joke but failed miserably. Can we chalk this up to experience and move on?
My partner has a criminal record from something that happened during his teens (he's now in his late twenties) and I've never had an issue with it. He was open with me about it, explained what happened (yes, he did commit a crime, but was accused of something significantly more serious than what it actually was) and I know that he's a far more mature person than he was then. So yes, I would date someone who is a criminal, though it would depend on what it was and whether they were likely to do it again.
Reply 13
Original post by DiddyDec
Is a criminal someone who has committed a crime or someone who has been convicted in this context?

Could be both or someone who is an active criminal
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
My partner has a criminal record from something that happened during his teens (he's now in his late twenties) and I've never had an issue with it. He was open with me about it, explained what happened (yes, he did commit a crime, but was accused of something significantly more serious than what it actually was) and I know that he's a far more mature person than he was then. So yes, I would date someone who is a criminal, though it would depend on what it was and whether they were likely to do it again.

I'm just wondering how do other people judge you knowing that your partner was an ex criminal?
Depends on their crime, I doubt I'd date a murderer but I'd date someone who, say, shoplifted (as long as they were no longer doing so)
really depends on the crime but I wouldn't date anyone who is still a criminal.
Mostly depends on the crime to be honest but if they were continuously committing crime acts then no, I probably wouldn't.
Reply 18
Depends on the crime and maybe how long ago it was? But possibly yes
Reply 19
Original post by Black Cat
Would you be willing to date a criminal?

Depends on religion and the crimes he committed. For example yes to political prisoners, ideologues etc and no to rapists and anti-Israelis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending