The Student Room Group

I'm a black girl ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ebuwa
That was before you became annoying. Er so if I talked to you first? Plus lol that 2 years ago
Pro natural hair industry does not exist lol. There is no such thing. Unless you are talking about companies that have natural hair lines.
Ok, that is nice.

where i live there is a hair salon that is dedicated to looking after natural hair. its called blaque 2 natural birmingham. there is also websites and magazines that are about natural hair.

google "company for natural black hair" and this is the first link you will see.

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2013/08/8-incredible-black-owned-natural-hair-businesses-to-support/

which is list of 8 companies.

so without doing anything other than googling one question and clicking on the first link i've already found 8 companies. so i imagine i could find a lot more by putting in effort. which btw, i won't.

also a company that has a line of products for natural hair proves there's a market and therefore an industry to cater to it.
Original post by Mick.w
where i live there is a hair salon that is dedicated to looking after natural hair. its called blaque 2 natural birmingham. there is also websites and magazines that are about natural hair.

google "company for natural black hair" and this is the first link you will see.

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2013/08/8-incredible-black-owned-natural-hair-businesses-to-support/

so without doing anything other than googling one question and clicking on the first link i've already found 8 companies. so i imagine i could find a lot more by putting in effort. which btw, i won't.

also a company that has a line of products for natural hair proves there's a market and therefore an industry to cater to it.

Give it a rest the negativity is strong in you.
Original post by Black Cat
Give it a rest the negativity is strong in you.

huh? what was negative about what I said in the quote you quoted me in?
Reply 283
Original post by Mick.w

You could have just said the natural industry. The 'pro' bit was not needed.
I already know that.
Original post by Ebuwa
You could have just said the natural industry. The 'pro' bit was not needed.
I already know that.

so thats your way of admitting you were wrong. cool.

also i never said pro.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Beyoncstan
African American culture is ORIGINAL! WE created out culture in this country unique from European influence. That's what makes our culture so great is it's 100% and is very destint. Most American culture was invented by African Americans. Most popular modern music, dance, slang, urban culture was invented by African Americans! For some reason the entire world loves to copy Black American culture.

You probably don't know this but African Americans invented Gospel, Rock n Roll, Pop, Dicso, Jazz, Blues, RnB, House, Funk, Soul, Rock, Neo-Soul , Swing, etc... I think the only modern genre we didn't create was country.

African Americans also invented contemporary dance and hip hop dance the most popular forms today.

There is no singer African American culture either. It's geographical~ Most black culture comes from teh American South, where 50% of African Americans live but each area has a sub culture: Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Memphis, Charlotte, Miami etc... Then you have Black mega cities New York, Los Angele's, North California (Oakland), Chicago, Washington DC etc...

New York dominated African American culure in form 1900-1950, then Detriot 50s' 60's, then Washington DC (known as chocolate city), then South Los Angeles in the 90's and Atlanta is the modern capital of Black America.

You're forgetting that African-Americans are descendents of African slaves right? African-Americans by ethnicity are Africans, you can't copy something that originated from you. Thats like a Hollywood remake suing the original classic movie for plagiarism? African-Americans are remakes of Africans, stop trying to act like you came first or like you're some superior ethnicity just because our ancesters survived slavery and yours didn't.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 286
Original post by Mick.w
so thats your way of admitting you were wrong. cool.

also i never said pro.

Original post by Mick.w
its improving yea. but its still in the minority.

go through you're friends list on facebook see how many have their natural hair out in their profile pic.

i know people that work in the pro-natural hair industry and they would be better suited to argue with you. but they all say its still really bad.

i could also walk outside my house right now and stand on the corner and look at every black girl that walks by we'd be waiting a very long time before someone with their natural hair came by.

ok
Original post by Ebuwa
ok

wow. all the way back to the 11th page yea?

in the paragraph you quoted i never said it.

regardless it makes no difference my point still stands. you wanna focus on the petty stuff then by all means go nuts.
fancy dinner?
Reply 289
Original post by Mick.w
wow. all the way back to the 11th page yea?

in the paragraph you quoted i never said it.

regardless it makes no difference my point still stands. you wanna focus on the petty stuff then by all means go nuts.

You are contradicting yourself but I'm not bothered to argue with you. Good day to you
What to share some melanin
whats ur #
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
Since you mentioned 'ask me anything':

1) What are your thoughts on Medieval English history? Specifically the Norman invasion?

2) What's the funniest joke you know?

3) How many red items can you see in front of you?

4) Do you ever wish you were born as a animal, such as a small goat or a kangaroo over a human?

5) Do you consider yourself adventurous?

This would be a great pickup line with some work!
Does it hurt a lot getting extensions braided into your hair because I'm white and I want to try it sometime . I know it takes a long time getting it done but just wondered.
Mention one advantage of being black than white or brown in your perspective
How much racism have you received in UK?
L U L

Quick Reply

Latest