The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kater Murr
We had our 32 week appointment today - baby is very mobile and was moving around while the midwife was trying to feel what position he's in, but she thinks he's head down already so that's good.

They have also taken more blood for extra tests because my blood pressure was a little high today. :frown:

Glad baby is so active! Can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going, making mine feel fast too haha.

Feels like mine never sleeps, 3 hours straight she was going for last night and then started again at 5am, definitely good practice for when she is here!

Finally agreed on a name, my family don't like it but stuff them.
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Glad baby is so active! Can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going, making mine feel fast too haha.

Feels like mine never sleeps, 3 hours straight she was going for last night and then started again at 5am, definitely good practice for when she is here!

My husbands dads response to is telling him Isaacs full name was "what's the real name". As long as you like it that is what is important! Are you going to public ally share the name or wait until she arrives?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain

Yours feels fast to me too! How far along are you now, 21/22 weeks?

My Dad said to me when he visited 'If it helps at all, Trish [his wife] really likes the name Theodore' because we'd mentioned that Theodore was a name we really liked but probably aren't going to go with (I like it not *quite* as much as my first choice, which is Sébastien, and so probably saving it in case we have another baby and it's also a boy, haha) and it came across kind of as a very polite and nice way of saying they don't like Sébastien all that much. Haha. Maybe I'm reading into things. It was a nice way to say it anyway.

Starting to get a little worried about the whole giving birth thing. I had a patch of calm serenity where I suddenly felt not at all worried for a few weeks, during/after the antenatal classes, and now I'm writing my birth plan and reading forums of experiences etc. and ohmygodwhatcomesoutofwhere?
Yours feels fast to me too! How far along are you now, 21/22 weeks?

My Dad said to me when he visited 'If it helps at all, Trish [his wife] really likes the name Theodore' because we'd mentioned that Theodore was a name we really liked but probably aren't going to go with (I like it not *quite* as much as my first choice, which is Sébastien, and so probably saving it in case we have another baby and it's also a boy, haha) and it came across kind of as a very polite and nice way of saying they don't like Sébastien all that much. Haha. Maybe I'm reading into things. It was a nice way to say it anyway.

Starting to get a little worried about the whole giving birth thing. I had a patch of calm serenity where I suddenly felt not at all worried for a few weeks, during/after the antenatal classes, and now I'm writing my birth plan and reading forums of experiences etc. and ohmygodwhatcomesoutofwhere?

21w4d :biggrin:

Least that was a nice tactical way of saying it. My mum said that she's sure it won't be long until she has a nickname they can call her! She apologised when I asked her what she would have said if my nan had said that about my name!

I made the mistake about reading about after the birth, did have a few hours of 'This baby is staying put' but I'm sure we will forget about it pretty quickly. No one warns you about the less nice side of giving birth/pregnancy until it's too late :laugh:

Original post by randdom
My husbands dads response to is telling him Isaacs full name was "what's the real name". As long as you like it that is what is important! Are you going to public ally share the name or wait until she arrives?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isaac would have been my choice for a boy, or Oliver. Waiting until she arrives :biggrin: Her name probably wouldn't have been my first choice but then the name is very signif for him and I would rather a name that means so much than any other name I've found.
Original post by Anonymous
21w4d :biggrin:

Least that was a nice tactical way of saying it. My mum said that she's sure it won't be long until she has a nickname they can call her! She apologised when I asked her what she would have said if my nan had said that about my name!

I made the mistake about reading about after the birth, did have a few hours of 'This baby is staying put' but I'm sure we will forget about it pretty quickly. No one warns you about the less nice side of giving birth/pregnancy until it's too late :laugh:

Isaac would have been my choice for a boy, or Oliver. Waiting until she arrives :biggrin: Her name probably wouldn't have been my first choice but then the name is very signif for him and I would rather a name that means so much than any other name I've found.

True. My mum was pretty awful though - she said 'Well you can call it Sebastien but me and [friend] are going to call it Toby'. YOU DON'T JUST RENAME SOMEONE'S CHILD.

-_-
sigh
This thread has gone so quiet.

35 weeks on Saturday! Starting to think that childbirth is actually quite soon - I'll be full term in 2 weeks. Can't help reading lots of online birth stories as prep.

We're also currently in the middle of doing up the house and in a mad rush before Herbie gets here we've got tonnes of stuff booked in this month - insulation work currently happening on the top floor until the end of of next week, then floor sanding and varnishing of top floor and landings happening a week later - which means I'm going to have to sleep on the couch for 3 nights because the bedrooms will be off limits - and Herbie's room is being finished on the 11th. Soooo much going on, so stressful. Just hoping it all goes off without a hitch and Herbie doesn't decide to be more than a week early!
This thread has gone so quiet.

35 weeks on Saturday! Starting to think that childbirth is actually quite soon - I'll be full term in 2 weeks. Can't help reading lots of online birth stories as prep.

We're also currently in the middle of doing up the house and in a mad rush before Herbie gets here we've got tonnes of stuff booked in this month - insulation work currently happening on the top floor until the end of of next week, then floor sanding and varnishing of top floor and landings happening a week later - which means I'm going to have to sleep on the couch for 3 nights because the bedrooms will be off limits - and Herbie's room is being finished on the 11th. Soooo much going on, so stressful. Just hoping it all goes off without a hitch and Herbie doesn't decide to be more than a week early!

Ooo not long to go! Is Herbie the name you have picked for your little man?

We are all doing well. 7 weeks and lots of smiles!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol the thread always goes quiet when people are busy with their younglings :wink:
Original post by randdom
Ooo not long to go! Is Herbie the name you have picked for your little man?

We are all doing well. 7 weeks and lots of smiles!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Herbie is just our placeholder name - it came up in the first scan before we even knew he was a boy because the midwife said 'it's going bananas in there!'
Original post by 2 Anonymous #8 - & a bit weeks ago
So repeat scan today was good news! :eek: :biggrin: Still a little heartbeat & has grown a little more than would be expected in the interval.

So hopefully countdown on for only another 6-7 months or so back at work...

Well, after an encouraging 2nd scan at 8/40 I ended up having another scan at 10/40 & the heart had stopped beating... :bawling:

So I had an ERPC (evacuation retained products of conception - though think they're supposed to be rebranded to 'surgical management of miscarriage' now) today so it is definitively over - not sure how I feel at the moment, to be honest! :dontknow:
Sorry to hear it anon :frown:

Can't quite believe I'm 6 months pregnant now. Especially seeing as I just spent the morning doing loads of diy on my own and breezed through it all.

Is it just me or is getting a really hairy belly part of being pregnant?
Well, after an encouraging 2nd scan at 8/40 I ended up having another scan at 10/40 & the heart had stopped beating... :bawling:

So I had an ERPC (evacuation retained products of conception - though think they're supposed to be rebranded to 'surgical management of miscarriage' now) today so it is definitively over - not sure how I feel at the moment, to be honest! :dontknow:

I'm really sorry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sorry for your loss x

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you're feeling OK.
Midwife appointment yesterday - Herbie's starting to engage, and the midwife thinks he's 'average' size, but also conceded that she's not very good at this so I'm taking that with a pinch of salt. I doubt he'll be huge since I've only put on about 8kg so far (so maybe 10kg in total by 40 weeks?) which doesn't seem like a lot.
Midwife appointment yesterday - Herbie's starting to engage, and the midwife thinks he's 'average' size, but also conceded that she's not very good at this so I'm taking that with a pinch of salt. I doubt he'll be huge since I've only put on about 8kg so far (so maybe 10kg in total by 40 weeks?) which doesn't seem like a lot.

How many weeks are you now :smile:
Original post by randdom
How many weeks are you now :smile:

35, 36 on Saturday. It's all getting very close! We have so much going on here - insulation work on the top floor this week, baby's room painted next week and then floors on the landings being sanded and varnished the week after. Eek.
My morning sickness is back. Urgh. I didn't even know this was a thing.
My morning sickness is back. Urgh. I didn't even know this was a thing.

It can be :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest