The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Freshers 2014

Can anyone tell me the dates for Cardiff Freshers 2014?
Original post by AndyDixon

hey hi andy.. cardiff freshers week is getting triggered from 21st september... here is the link http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Cambridge/Cardiff%26%23039%3Bs-Premiere-Venues-/Cardiff-Official-Freshers-Band-Week-1/12228297/
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by AndyDixon

hey andy glad to know that you are also looking forward to the freshers.... i think the freshers week starts from 21st september u can have the details from skiddle.com
Reply 3
Hey guys 3rd Year Politics and Sociology student here and with freshers fast approaching make sure you all get yourselves kitted out for the weeks to come. There are a few wristbands going around but the Climax promotions one has the best nights/acts and venues. There are two bands Week 1 and Week 2. With the best venues in Cardiff including Glam, Revolution, Tiger Tiger, Walkabout and Bunker and main event featuring MK.

If you need any more information about freshers, events, job prospects as well as anything University related feel free to send me a message. Check out the bands below:

Week 1: http://www.fatsoma.com/cardiff-freshers-packs/111112?r=1681757580
Week 2: http://www.fatsoma.com/cardiff-freshers-packs/111111?r=1681757580
Ultimate Pack: http://www.fatsoma.com/cardiff-freshers-packs/111112?r=1681757580
Original post by sebbliss
Hey guys 3rd Year Politics and Sociology student here and with freshers fast approaching make sure you all get yourselves kitted out for the weeks to come. There are a few wristbands going around but the Climax promotions one has the best nights/acts and venues. There are two bands Week 1 and Week 2. With the best venues in Cardiff including Glam, Revolution, Tiger Tiger, Walkabout and Bunker and main event featuring MK.

If you need any more information about freshers, events, job prospects as well as anything University related feel free to send me a message. Check out the bands below:

Week 1: http://www.fatsoma.com/cardiff-freshers-packs/111112?r=1681757580
Week 2: http://www.fatsoma.com/cardiff-freshers-packs/111111?r=1681757580
Ultimate Pack: http://www.fatsoma.com/cardiff-freshers-packs/111112?r=1681757580

SO whats the situation? :confused: you need to buy tickets for freshers? ...like, that sounds unusual? :s-smilie: expecially the prices!?
Original post by ironlion11
SO whats the situation? :confused: you need to buy tickets for freshers? ...like, that sounds unusual? :s-smilie: expecially the prices!?

I wouldn't rush into buying the wristbands that user's advertising. There are loads of people promoting them on here, Facebook and Twitter etc. because they're paid to. Those wristbands are for clubs around Cardiff and aren't linked with Cardiff University itself.
Best advice is to wait for the official Student Union wristbands which there should be details of soon. Those wristbands will be better because the vast majority of people you meet at Student Union events will be freshers just like you. :smile: That's my plan for Freshers anyway. Should be great!
Original post by Reluire
I wouldn't rush into buying the wristbands that user's advertising. There are loads of people promoting them on here, Facebook and Twitter etc. because they're paid to. Those wristbands are for clubs around Cardiff and aren't linked with Cardiff University itself.
Best advice is to wait for the official Student Union wristbands which there should be details of soon. Those wristbands will be better because the vast majority of people you meet at Student Union events will be freshers just like you. :smile: That's my plan for Freshers anyway. Should be great!

You sound very secure and you sound like you know what youre saying. Thats good. I trust that and please keep us updated on this thread! I'm very lost and all of a sudden i recieve my accomodation and apparently everyones friends and set and blaaaa.. and im like woah :s-smilie: hello, whats going on!? ahah
You sound very secure and you sound like you know what youre saying. Thats good. I trust that and please keep us updated on this thread! I'm very lost and all of a sudden i recieve my accomodation and apparently everyones friends and set and blaaaa.. and im like woah :s-smilie: hello, whats going on!? ahah

I read someone else saying the same thing as I told you about waiting for SU wristbands, so I'm confident it's the right thing to do. Other clubs around Cardiff might advertise themselves as a part of Freshers, but the reality is that the general public will be there too so there won't necessarily be that many freshers in them. At least you know with the SU wristbands that they're genuinely meant just for freshers and uni students in general rather than any old person wondering Cardiff. I think the best events of Freshers will be at the SU nightclub which I believe is called Solus?

Don't worry, I haven't even got my accommodation yet because I'm waiting on results - so you're one step ahead of me! People won't really be making friends yet because think how many people are on this forum compared to how many people are actually going to the uni. Only a few people on here will be making friends, and they probably won't even talk much (or at all) when they actually start uni in September. :smile:
Original post by Reluire
I read someone else saying the same thing as I told you about waiting for SU wristbands, so I'm confident it's the right thing to do. Other clubs around Cardiff might advertise themselves as a part of Freshers, but the reality is that the general public will be there too so there won't necessarily be that many freshers in them. At least you know with the SU wristbands that they're genuinely meant just for freshers and uni students in general rather than any old person wondering Cardiff. I think the best events of Freshers will be at the SU nightclub which I believe is called Solus?

Don't worry, I haven't even got my accommodation yet because I'm waiting on results - so you're one step ahead of me! People won't really be making friends yet because think how many people are on this forum compared to how many people are actually going to the uni. Only a few people on here will be making friends, and they probably won't even talk much (or at all) when they actually start uni in September. :smile:

Wowww. You. I reaaally like you! you made my day. I was like freaking out because i'm like not up to date.. to be honest i didnt even know all this stuff was happening, i was just relying on a chilled summer and meeting people in september. Anyhow.
I hope to meet freshers and not oldies, thats for sure!! Well, good luck with your results hope you get in your first choice :wink: x
Reply 9
Yeah, I don't think there is anyone else in my flat currently that has received their accommodation offer or they are just very quiet.

I got very confused about wristbands because there are also separate bands for week 1 and 2 and I can't tell if week 1 starts 15th or the 22nd September.
Reply 10
Sorry that it may seem that way but I am not advertising anything... I'm here letting you know that from a 3rd years perspective I bought the Student Unions band in freshers and it was a waste of money because I only went to two nights as did my flat mates. I've just looked back at my post and it does look like shameless self promo and I apologise for that. The problem with the Student Union wristband is everyone goes to a few events and then gets bored by the same routine especially as it's one venue. I'm not shoving the climax wristbands down anyones throats. I'm just letting you guys know where you can get them and why I would recommend one or just individual tickets to events. Freshers is massive here in Cardiff and there will be a lot of competing clubs trying to get as many students to come as possible. My advice to you is check the lineups, acts and events advertised before making any rash decisions.

If you need any advice on anything else let me know.
Wowww. You. I reaaally like you! you made my day. I was like freaking out because i'm like not up to date.. to be honest i didnt even know all this stuff was happening, i was just relying on a chilled summer and meeting people in september. Anyhow.
I hope to meet freshers and not oldies, thats for sure!! Well, good luck with your results hope you get in your first choice :wink: x

Awh thanks. :smile: I just felt I should say something because those wristbands on the 'fatsoma' website are being advertised about a lot when they're not endorsed by or linked to Cardiff University. We'll still meet new people in September as we expected because the vast majority won't know anyone else just like us. :smile:
Me too. I went out once when it wasn't a student night and was slightly scared by all the old middle aged people that were in the clubs. I vowed after that to only go to clubs on student nights. I think that's one of the best reasons to wait for the SU official wristbands because their events will only be for students. :smile:
Thanks! What residence are you staying in?

Original post by Ienzo
Yeah, I don't think there is anyone else in my flat currently that has received their accommodation offer or they are just very quiet.

I got very confused about wristbands because there are also separate bands for week 1 and 2 and I can't tell if week 1 starts 15th or the 22nd September.

There might be people, they're just not on this forum. :tongue:

That's why I say to ignore these wristbands being advertised on the 'fatsoma' website because they're unofficial. The Cardiff University Student Union website should have official details about freshers soon which you can rely on. Those other wristbands are just a money making gimmick if you ask me.
Reply 12
Original post by Reluire

That's not exactly true. Fresher events in town will only be letting students in if they possess a wristband, as well there will not be any older folk in there as these are strictly fresher events. You get ID'd at the door, university ID included.
Original post by sebbliss
That's not exactly true. Fresher events in town will only be letting students in if they possess a wristband, as well there will not be any older folk in there as these are strictly fresher events. You get ID'd at the door, university ID included.

Fair enough. I suppose my preference is just to wait for the SU wristbands which I know are official and reliable.

Quick Reply

Latest