The Student Room Group

Romantically straight but sexually bi...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Whoopity ****in' do.

Just **** who you want to ****, stop over analysing it.
Original post by mostcivilised
I would disagree, I think there's something of a difference between being flexible, and being bisexual.

Bisexual implies a certain degree of comfortableness with both genders, whether one prefers men or women, or what proportion of preference exists for one over the other.

Flexibility has the implication of a strong, primary attraction to the opposite sex, but a certain degree of openness to having experiences and a bit of fun with the same gender.

I would disagree with your definition of Bisexual. Bisexual implies ONLY, as it is by definition, that an individual has sexual/physical attraction to both sexes and that is what you're describing. Whether or not you have more for one and not the other and comfortability varies from gender to gender is a personal... sort of... bonus or like a personal experience. But whatever, I don't really get how people can say they're uncomfortable in a relationship with a certain sex but fully comfortable having sexual intercourse or experimenting with them but that's me.

It's cool to see everyone else's different experiences and views with regards to sexuality. I would still, personally, consider all of you's explaining the same thing to be bisexual. But, as I said, that's me.
Original post by JayJay-C19
I would disagree with your definition of Bisexual. Bisexual implies ONLY, as it is by definition, that an individual has sexual/physical attraction to both sexes and that is what you're describing. Whether or not you have more for one and not the other and comfortability varies from gender to gender is a personal... sort of... bonus or like a personal experience. But whatever, I don't really get how people can say they're uncomfortable in a relationship with a certain sex but fully comfortable having sexual intercourse or experimenting with them but that's me.

I think that underrates the true diversity of sexuality, and just how different bisexuality feels from flexibility.

I'm a gay guy, but I have had sexual relationships with women and I am attracted to some women. But I emphatically identify as being gay, there is no way that I feel like I am bisexual.

And equally, there are guys who identify as straight, who are only interested in women in a romantic sense. Emotional and romantic attraction is just as important as sexual attraction in sexual orientation. If someone is only attracted romantically and emotionally to one sex, I don't really think you can call them bisexual.

And I think it needlessly puts people in a label box to say, "I say you're bisexual, and that's what you have to be". From my perspective, it's perfectly legitimate for a guy to say he is heterosexual, to be exclusively attracted to women in a romantic and emotional sense, but to have some small level of attraction to guys in a sexual sense.

To say that there is only heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality is awfully limited and misunderstanding of just how many "flavours" sexuality comes in
Original post by alow
Whoopity ****in' do.

Then why bother to even comment? If it's no big deal to you, why post such a dismissive and arrogant comment?
I think that underrates the true diversity of sexuality, and just how different bisexuality feels from flexibility.

I'm a gay guy, but I have had sexual relationships with women and I am attracted to some women. But I emphatically identify as being gay, there is no way that I feel like I am bisexual.

And equally, there are guys who identify as straight, who are only interested in women in a romantic sense. Emotional and romantic attraction is just as important as sexual attraction in sexual orientation. If someone is only attracted romantically and emotionally to one sex, I don't really think you can call them bisexual.

And I think it needlessly puts people in a label box to say, "I say you're bisexual, and that's what you have to be". From my perspective, it's perfectly legitimate for a guy to say he is heterosexual, to be exclusively attracted to women in a romantic and emotional sense, but to have some small level of attraction to guys in a sexual sense.

To say that there is only heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality is awfully limited and misunderstanding of just how many "flavours" sexuality comes in

Needlessly labels? What are you on about when you're labelling yourself as flexible :s-smilie:

I'm not going to comment on this post anymore because to be honest I don't understand what's really being said, I think, quite like what 'alow' said, you are over analysing it completely. You have sex with who you wish but don't say you're homosexual if you don't want to only sleep with and have a relationship with the same-sex because that is simply not what the term means. As for you saying 'alow' made an arrogant and dismissive comment - I'm sorry, no. He summed up exactly what you guys are doing, over-analysing a perfectly simple situation - you will have sex and do what you will with whoever you want, at the end of the day. The label and name of what that is, is irrelevant and won't make a difference to your actions.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
Then why bother to even comment? If it's no big deal to you, why post such a dismissive and arrogant comment?

What got a bee under your bonnet love?
Do you mean you've only recently started to accept you occasionally find guys attractive, and thinking you might enjoy having a bit of fun with an attractive, laid-back dude, but that you're still primarily attracted to girls?

There are many, many guys you could experiment with, they're all over the place if you know the right forum through which to get in touch. Lots of straight-ish guys who just want to have some no-strings experiences with another dude, nothing too heavy.

Similar to the OP, it's not really guys specifically I find attractive, more just what they pack haha. But in terms of the whole accepting thing, pretty much lol. And point me in that direction then haha.
Original post by alow
What got a bee under your bonnet love?

Oh that's just hilarious, after you said this

Whoopity ****in' do.

I could literally see the vein popping out of your forehead. What is it about guys tentatively fancying other guys that made you flip your lid?
Your sexuality encompasses more than just sexual activity. I would consider you straight but because sex with men is so much easier. that will be an avenue you know you can explore.
Reply 29
Oh that's just hilarious, after you said this

I could literally see the vein popping out of your forehead. What is it about guys tentatively fancying other guys that made you flip your lid?

I was exaggerating to make a point...
I'm similar OP, I vastly prefer guys and have a boyfriend, but there are some very hot women :coma:

It's called being bisexual but heteroromantic.
Reply 31
Screw it. I can't hide it any more. I'm the OP & I'm the chap who's romantically straight but sexually bi.

Thank you all for your support.

I do feel ashamed about my fantasies. But I can't get rid of them so I may as well embrace them.

Having fun is the most important thing n my opinion.
I'm romantically attracted to guys but sexually attracted to girls.
I think.
Because I don't have both attraction with either gender I'm scared I'll never be fully attracted to a person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josh_B
Screw it. I can't hide it any more. I'm the OP & I'm the chap who's romantically straight but sexually bi.

Thank you all for your support.

I do feel ashamed about my fantasies. But I can't get rid of them so I may as well embrace them.

Having fun is the most important thing n my opinion.

Good! I'm glad you're happy with who you are :smile: there's nothing to be ashamed about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snowystarks
Good! I'm glad you're happy with who you are :smile: there's nothing to be ashamed about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

It's taken me a while to understand my sexuality but I figured I can't keep lying to myself.

I think there's a fair few other guys & girls out there similar to me. It's hard to admit but society is generally more tolerant now than ever before.
Reply 35
Normal is non-existent. Your normal is what you want to do or what you do, do.

As a gay man myself, I don't really understand how you can just have sex with a man and suddenly be heterosexual after it and before it but just switch at that moment but hey whatever floats your boat.

Oh please keep this hippy mumbo jumbo off this site.
Original post by Armin.
Oh please keep this hippy mumbo jumbo off this site.

Erm, no.
Erm, no.

Thanks for the messages you've posted.

"Normal" is different for every person. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the messages you've posted.

"Normal" is different for every person. :smile:

Indeed it is. Thats okay.
Reply 39
Original post by WelshBluebird
Similar to the OP, it's not really guys specifically I find attractive, more just what they pack haha. But in terms of the whole accepting thing, pretty much lol. And point me in that direction then haha.

Thank you for the feelings you've posted. It certainly makes me feel better about myself!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending