The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
Awww. Btw did you lose contact with your college and high school friends once you entered uni? I hear that friends drift apart once everyone goes uni and thats already started to happen with some of mine who went uni :/

Oh cool! Can any somali student be a part of it?

I only have 1 friend from school who I still keep contact with here and there. From college about 6 people. This is appalling really since I always used to hang with large crowds at both school and college. I noticed that it happens more with girls than guys tbh. The guys that used to go to my college and who all went to different uni, still hang out with each other. Besides some of my friends got married so it is understanding tbh.

Yeah i think so.

BTW check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T30C7KKW1TU&list=UU7-z2hHRSsvpUeDkNHXY-_g

LOOOOOOOOL at the somali guy with the awesome eyebrows who complains about Somali mothers! His Somali was ON POINT!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Chukkeigh
I only have 1 friend from school who I still keep contact with here and there. From college about 6 people. This is appalling really since I always used to hang with large crowds at both school and college. I noticed that it happens more with girls than guys tbh. The guys that used to go to my college and who all went to different uni, still hang out with each other. Besides some of my friends got married so it is understanding tbh.

Yeah i think so.

BTW check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T30C7KKW1TU&list=UU7-z2hHRSsvpUeDkNHXY-_g

LOOOOOOOOL at the somali guy with the awesome eyebrows who complains about Somali mothers! His Somali was ON POINT!

Where in the video is the guy?

Some of the somali girls on there made me cringe so much subhanalalh >.<
Corporate settings.. cool pic, imo. My CSR team.

Original post by Abdul-Karim

midnight session yoo wassup this thread is soooo dead....

ahaha u look like a PIMP

You look so smug sitting in between those girls pahahahaha xD

Everyone there looks so young! :')
Where in the video is the guy?

Some of the somali girls on there made me cringe so much subhanalalh >.<

Trust me you will know when you check it out.

People who have no twitter/facebook, how do y'all keep yoursel busy/entertained (except TSR plzz). I deactivated FB because no point and same with twitter and need help plz. I think I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms or just have a crises at 20yrs old?
Original post by hugoalmeida

ahaha u look like a PIMP

French bank. We are all informal and relaxed as hell. Only in corporate meetings is when **** gets serious. Don't even wear a tie around the office anymore.

You look so smug sitting in between those girls pahahahaha xD

Everyone there looks so young! :')

We're just the interns, had a meeting.
Original post by hugoalmeida

ahaha u look like a PIMP

Pimp :rofl:
French bank. We are all informal and relaxed as hell. Only in corporate meetings is when **** gets serious. Don't even wear a tie around the office anymore.

We're just the interns, had a meeting.

Very multicultural uknow

Trust me you will know when you check it out.

People who have no twitter/facebook, how do y'all keep yoursel busy/entertained (except TSR plzz). I deactivated FB because no point and same with twitter and need help plz. I think I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms or just have a crises at 20yrs old?

Make an interpals account!! :biggrin: its abit like fb but you dont need to know people on there to make am account. You meet people all around the world, exchange languages and culture. I introduced missfats to it and shes hooked :tongue: I had an account but it got too addicting so I deactivated it for a while -__-
You may get few weird messages from weird arab/turkish guys but you can block them easily lool

I just watch youtube vids, netflix, friends re-runs on tv, go on tsr, read. I also stalk peeps on instagram and sometimes use my sisters account on twitter as she follows some hilarious accounts. The day goes by so quickly :tongue:
Very multicultural ukno

All COO's and MDs are white. Or at least, from whom I've seen.
Very multicultural uknow

Make an interpals account!! :biggrin: its abit like fb but you dont need to know people on there to make am account. You meet people all around the world, exchange languages and culture. I introduced missfats to it and shes hooked :tongue: I had an account but it got too addicting so I deactivated it for a while -__-
You may get few weird messages from weird arab/turkish guys but you can block them easily lool

I just watch youtube vids, netflix, friends re-runs on tv, go on tsr, read. I also stalk peeps on instagram and sometimes use my sisters account on twitter as she follows some hilarious accounts. The day goes by so quickly :tongue:

Does your netflix allow you to watch Revenge or Pretty Little Liars? Mine doesn't. I hate it haha
Does your netflix allow you to watch Revenge or Pretty Little Liars? Mine doesn't. I hate it haha

Nope lol. I thought everyones netflix account is the same
Yesssss! Can't wait. I've already met 3 girls on tsr who will be starting my course in september. I've spoken to them on whatsapp and they seem really nice so hopefully my other coursemates will be like that too :tongue:

You?

Aww that's so cool! :smile: I'm excited at the prospect of going to uni as well although I'm not sure if I'll be going this year or not. Meeting my King's offer is looking like a myth right now anyway so I might even go to QM :wink: Just gonna see what happens on results day inshaAllah. You're soooo lucky you don't have to go through it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
any one have relatives in Somalia/Djibouti who are pirates?
Original post by Biryani007
Girllll, message me on whatsapp..I don't know where your numbers gone :eek:

Just did! (Sorry it's so late :colondollar:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope lol. I thought everyones netflix account is the same

No idea lol. What youtube vids do you watch? Need some recommended. Lol I am just feeling all these withdrawal symptoms creeping up, it is sorta insane.
No idea lol. What youtube vids do you watch? Need some recommended. Lol I am just feeling all these withdrawal symptoms creeping up, it is sorta insane.

You guys (both you and Iqra) should check out these two channels - ChroniclesofFaith and Smile2Jannah. They're like Islamic comedy channels and so awesome, especially the first one! COF are a bunch of Canadian brothers and S2J are British (I think)

(Just thought I'd recommend those two as I'm pretty sure you guys watch all of the more popular muslim YouTubers :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themorninglight
Aww that's so cool! :smile: I'm excited at the prospect of going to uni as well although I'm not sure if I'll be going this year or not. Meeting my King's offer is looking like a myth right now anyway so I might even go to QM :wink: Just gonna see what happens on results day inshaAllah. You're soooo lucky you don't have to go through it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you ArsenalObsessed? :tongue:

Yah last year was hell waiting for results so its good not to have that burden this summer alhamd :smile:

I watch way too many people to list lol. I watch many hijabis like lifelongpercussions (shes from birmingham and attends UOB so you might know her), dinatokio and shamshombruntte. I also watch this hilarious black canadian girl called LatoyaForever and also watch makeup and fashion gurus and some other funny prank accounts (LAHWF, truestoryASA, fouseytube, trollstation etc.)

Original post by themorninglight
You guys (both you and Iqra) should check out these two channels - ChroniclesofFaith and Smile2Jannah. They're like Islamic comedy channels and so awesome, especially the first one! COF are a bunch of Canadian brothers and S2J are British (I think)

(Just thought I'd recommend those two as I'm pretty sure you guys watch all of the more popular muslim YouTubers :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I recently discovered smile2jannah and I must admit the vids are funny even though i've only watched like 2 so far :tongue:

Gonna check out COF inshaAllah. Thanks for the rec sister!
Are you ArsenalObsessed? :tongue:

Yah last year was hell waiting for results so its good not to have that burden this summer alhamd :smile:

Yep! :smile: I keep forgetting to mention that little detail lol

Yeah it's sooo nervewracking, only a few weeks away now :frown: Can't believe how quickly time has gone

Quick Reply

Latest