The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pete_91
DMF

people say this, but i've never seen him demonstrate an arteta level of intelligence, or the long range passing ability to play there. Arteta's contributions at DMF often go unpraised, but his game is built on intelligence of reading the passing lines not physicality.

Yeah Ox performed well when he played as DMF, but I think he would be wasted there when he can be more effective further up the field in a different role.
Original post by barneystin
people say this, but i've never seen him demonstrate an arteta level of intelligence, or the long range passing ability to play there. Arteta's contributions at DMF often go unpraised, but his game is built on intelligence of reading the passing lines not physicality.

Yeah Ox performed well when he played as DMF, but I think he would be wasted there when he can be more effective further up the field in a different role.

I have no idea, I'm going purely on Wenger's opinion of him.
Reply 2142
Original post by Pete_91
I have no idea, I'm going purely on Wenger's opinion of him.

Not just Wenger now that you mention it. His dad mentioned it too, and I'm sure Ox did himself quite a few times
Reply 2143

A lot of that video is from the season before hand is it not? He's lost his legs and that is the reality imo. He was not up to par for us last season though had some ok perforamnces here and there. We need an upgrade
Arsenal team v Benfica: Martinez, Bellerin, Chambers, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Campbell, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ox, Sanogo

Will today be the day Sanogo shows that he isn't useless? I hope so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2145
Hmm interesting. Wish Ospina got a run but probably still on break after WC

Martinez
Chambers Bellerin Monreal Gibbs
Flamini RAmsey
Campbell Rosicky Ox
Sanogo

Very interesting line up. See 2 new faces and the ox is always entertaining :wink:
Reply 2146
Original post by Webster2002
Arsenal team v Benfica: Martinez, Bellerin, Chambers, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Campbell, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ox, Sanogo

Will today be the day Sanogo shows that he isn't useless? I hope so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's 21 I really don't know what all this hate is about him
Wenger said, I think yesterday, Ospina is injured

And I thought Chambers was more likely CB than Bellerin?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2148
I thought Chambers was an RB and was a prospect to be converted into a CB for the future
Original post by AR_95
A lot of that video is from the season before hand is it not? He's lost his legs and that is the reality imo. He was not up to par for us last season though had some ok perforamnces here and there. We need an upgrade

yeah my point was just that im not sure Ox has the intelligence to play DMF and cut out the passing channels like good old 'tets
Original post by AR_95
I thought Chambers was an RB and was a prospect to be converted into a CB for the future

Rumoured to play CM as well, and on FIFA 13 he was a RM.
Didn't know Bellerin could play CB, whilst Chambers can if needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2152
Anyone got a stream link?
only watching this to see Sanchez
Reply 2154
only watching this to see Sanchez

Sanchez aint playing lol scroll up for line up

edit : sorry he's on bench
(edited 9 years ago)
Sanchez is playing more of tomorrow's game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Sanchez aint playing lol scroll up for line up

rumoured to come off the bench for his first appearance.
how serious do we actually take the Emirates cup?

Is is the same as those pointless friendlies we play in Asia, or is it like an early league cup game?
Reply 2158
rumoured to come off the bench for his first appearance.

Yep sorry, I do hope so
Original post by SHOO
Imagine this:-

Ramsey Chambo

Campbell Cazorla Sanchez

Giroud

Crazily attacking

Strong midfield pivot. Reminds me of a certain opening game vs Villa.

Latest