The Student Room Group

Aspiring medics: AS Results?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jatyization
I am on the verge of getting a low A or high B in chemistry, however with my luck it will probably be the latter! I also doubt i will get a B in physics as well, i blame this on our rubbish teacher!

How were your other subjects? What other AS's did you take? You going to drop any?

I took chem, bio, maths and geography! and yes i am dropping maths.. soo boring, plus I only need 3 A2s for uni

Also everyone in my year hated the physics, so you're probably not alone with that :P
Hoping for AAAA in bio, chem, phys and maths. Not sure if that's what I will achieve though.
Predicting AABB in biology, English literature, chemistry and maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
would a B in chemistry be a complete disaster at AS? I made some horrible mistakes in AQA unit 1 chemistry, I might not get an A because to that. :frown:

I have a friend who got a B at AS Chemistry and is going into her second year at Cardiff :smile:

Just make sure that you get an A prediction and then get that A; also apply tactically - so avoid Oxbridge but other than that you're probably fine :smile: Good luck
Original post by WishIHadRevised
I haven't got the money to take the BMAT haha :/
I'm "preparing" for the UKCAT tomorrow and my exam's in 26 days lol but I'm going on holiday for 10 days so yep that's not looking so great... :/ I've gotten like 34% in mocks. ://

For my GCSEs I did quite well I got 11A*s and 1A but then again they won't matter if my AS levels go reaaaally badly. ://

And idk I just think PBL I wouldn't have that much motivation for it haha I mean I like to be spoon-fed a little bit. I would love a traditional course but I don't see how I'd get one if I'm not going to take the BMAT. :frown: Oh well!

There are plenty of non-PBL, non-traditional courses that don't ask for the BMAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrSupernova
There are plenty of non-PBL, non-traditional courses that don't ask for the BMAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

St andrews is traditional and non bmat. Leicester isn't pbl I dont think and Nottingham only has a bit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
St andrews is traditional and non bmat. Leicester isn't pbl I dont think and Nottingham only has a bit...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Birmingham is also traditional and non-BMAT (although they require stellar AS results, which in the context of this thread isn't a great thing). Most integrated courses contain a bit of PBL, but I gather lectures, tutorials and seminars are still the main form of teaching

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you for the advice! Do you know what medical schools your applying to yet?

I've just passed my first year at Cardiff :smile: you're welcome, PM me if you have any queries.

[Especially if it's for Cardiff (as I'm there), or Cambridge, Southampton and Brighton (as I applied to those schools]

Good Luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending