The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

apollo court ljmu 2014

Anyone studying early childhood studies at ljmu or staying at apollo court. I'll be staying in block c flat 48

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'm studying early childhood studies and staying in Apollo court too! I'm in block a flat 008, I'm coming over from Northern Ireland:smile:
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by ShannonGray
Hey, I'm studying early childhood studies and staying in Apollo court too! I'm in block a flat 008, I'm coming over from Northern Ireland:smile:

Im from county down. Its good to hear someone local will be about. Where are you from? Cant wait! :smile:
I'm from Belfast! Definitely, I was worried about not seeing anyone from home haha. I'm starting to get excited now too, only a couple more weeks to go!:smile:
Reply 4
You probably wouldnt know where castlewellan is. Ano im so excited, got the boat booked and have started buying loads of stuff! Are you waiting on results? :smile:
I was down camping in castlewellan a week or so ago! I know, I'm booking the boat this week and have started buying all my things too:smile: no, I went to tech so I have gotten my results and everything already! Are you waiting on your results?:smile:
Reply 6
We seem to have a fair bit in common, I went to tech as well so I already knew my results. Liverpool seems amazing. I rejected Stranmillis to go to john moores. Stran just seemed so boring in comparison to liverpool! :smile:
I know, we really do! Liverpool does look amazing, I've never been over there myself but know people who have went and they all said it's amazing! I had applied to Stran aswell and had an interview and everything but didn't get an offer in the end! I'm sort of glad though because I'm super excited for john Moores, just seems a lot more exciting:smile:
Reply 8
I went over last year for the open day tho I was too hungover from the night before to attend the talks. So I decided to go there based on the nightlife :smile: there are soo many people from Northern Ireland your guaranteed to meet someone you know! Its an amazing city :smile:
Haha yeah, the clubs and everything are meant to be unreal! Can't wait to get over there now:smile: definitely, there will be a lot of people from over here I would say!
Reply 10
Everything seems pretty good apart from having to travel so far to the campus. The accommodations pretty close to everything. When are you planning on leaving? :smile:
I know, but I think Apollo court is really close to a bus/train station so hopefully getting to campus won't be too bad! Yeah, we are right beside the city centre so nothing should be too far away:smile: I'm not sure, I don't know when our course actually starts or anything lol. When are you heading over?:smile:
Reply 12
I think it starts on the 8th of sept, well the start of freshers week anyway. Im planning on moving into apollo courts on the Saturday, think its the 6th. Im pretty sure it says on the ucas letter the 8th but ive heard nothing from the uni. We'll probably be sent loads of information when the a level results are out :smile:
Yeah, I think we get our keys on the 6th so I will probably come over then! My ucas still hasn't updated yet, but I'm hoping once it does all the information will come through:smile: I'm so excited for freshers haha:smile:
Reply 14
Yea im planning on getting all my stuff in that saturday. I dont know if I'll buy the wristband, I'll figure it out over there. Ive got about £200 saved to get me through freshers, hoping thats enough. I might try and see if I can get a job over there :smile:
Yeah, I think I will probably move everything in on that Saturday! I think I'm just going to figure freshers out over there, just see what everyone is doing etc lol. I'm not sure if I want to get a job in first year, I have saved some money to get me through first year as well as student finance so I will probably look for a job in second year or something! Will have to see how it goes though lol:smile:
Reply 16
I'll probably be too lazy to keep a job lol. I should be alright with money if I work out what my limits are. Flights home arent really that dear. Just can't wait to go now :smile: three years of freedom yaaa :smile:
Haha yeah, I will seriously need to work on my budgeting skills lol. Yeah, getting home is pretty cheap so that shouldn't be too bad:smile: I know, I was nervous at the start but I'm just getting so excited the closer it comes!
Reply 18
Im not really nervous, the next month cant go quick enough. I know a couple from home that are going over but they'll be on the other side of liverpool. What block are you in?:smile:
I will be grand once I'm over there I think! I know a few girls going over too but they are all staying in different accomodation! I'm in block A:smile: Wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending