The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Original post by llys
I don't think that's true, actually. I know quite a few posters who called Ramsey **** but always believed in Wilshere ("Mr Arsenal" yeah), and quite a few fans probably blindly believe/d in both. There are obviously some who believe in neither, but I don't think it's as clearcut as you think at all.

My point is that when Ramsey & Wilshere broke into the team, everyone was really excited for them. Then after Ramsey's leg break, when he was struggling to find form, most people became pro Wilshere & were saying Ramsey should be sold.

Now Ramsey is shining & I'm sure people want Wilshere sold, based on his form.

Makes our fan base look like a joke at times.
I think even the term glass ankles is a compliment to JW and makes his ankles seem stronger than they actually are.

needs to take some lessons from Rambo and Arteta on how a small player can play big.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2302
Original post by SHOO
My point is that when Ramsey & Wilshere broke into the team, everyone was really excited for them. Then after Ramsey's leg break, when he was struggling to find form, most people became pro Wilshere & were saying Ramsey should be sold.

I can see why you are annoyed, but just to point out: at least the behaviour you are describing is perfectly consistent: Complain about the players who are playing badly, be happy with the players who are playing well. :wink: (Ignore the past because it is the past, and the future because you don't know it.)
Reply 2303
Original post by SHOO

In fairness you've slated Sanogo loads in the past and I'm sure have called for Ramsey's head too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only Arsenal fans can complain after a 5-1 win tbh.
Reply 2305
Original post by AR_95
In fairness you've slated Sanogo loads in the past and I'm sure have called for Ramsey's head too

Posted from TSR Mobile

"I'm sure you've called for Ramsey's head too" - lol, can you prove that?

I've always been pro Ramsey & pro Wilshere. Yeah they'll frustrate at times but I'd never call for their heads.

You can't even quote me on calling for Sanogo's head. I've never said he should be sold, all I've said is he should be loaned - to get experience.

I say our strike force is not good enough to win the league. I say that we should keep the guys we have but have a lethal finisher. Go back through my posts and you'll see that..

I don't understand what you meant to say in that post or yours :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2306
Premier league legends - Robert Pires

What a player <3
Dean convinced we're getting Carvalho
Original post by barneystin
I think even the term glass ankles is a compliment to JW and makes his ankles seem stronger than they actually are.

needs to take some lessons from Rambo and Arteta on how a small player can play big.

Lol Arteta?!

The same Arteta who is a passenger at times when games pass him by? And is essentially a glorified Denilson?

If Jack had any sense he would avoid his advice like the plague!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Lol Arteta?!

The same Arteta who is a passenger at times when games pass him by? And is essentially a glorified Denilson?

If Jack had any sense he would avoid his advice like the plague!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arteta is a G!

Don't even get me started.

Criminal how underappreciated he is.
Original post by little_tom

Where does he actually get his news from? Has he got links inside Arsenal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wenger confirms Campbell is defo staying. It will be difficult to Poldi to stake a claim to the first 11. Campbell offers a lot more
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Where does he actually get his news from? Has he got links inside Arsenal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he's @afcamden from like 2-3 years ago. He was pretty reliable and so is Dean. He strung up out of nowhere as soon as afcamden fell off the face of the earth!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2313
Original post by sevchenko
Wenger confirms Campbell is defo staying. It will be difficult to Poldi to stake a claim to the fist 11. Campbell offers a lot more

Maybe if Sanogo is loaned out it can still work. So, Campell will directly replace Sanogo.. Whilst sanogo can go off & get exp?

It would work because in a year or two, poldi will probably leave

It doesn't make sense though. Sporting said they would not let him go for under his release clause of £37m.
Original post by SHOO
Maybe if Sanogo is loaned out it can still work. So, Campell will directly replace Sanogo.. Whilst sanogo can go off & get exp?

It would work because in a year or two, poldi will probably leave

I said it before a loan will do no good for Sanogo, he doesn't need game time he needs to be coached by AW. Wenger has also confirmed that Sanogo is staying at Arsenal anyway.

"They need to play of course but they need to play here. Sanogo came last year on a free and we worked very hard for six months with him and from January onwards he was slowly getting better. Now that we have worked very hard with him, we want him to stay here."

"Sanogo was injured for basically two years before he came to us. If you look at his goal scoring record before he got injured, it is quite frightening. For a while when he came back last seaosn, he could not score. You could see when he scored the first goal today, suddenly they can raining. I especially liked the third goal he scored, it was really the goal of a striker of quality. He has a big future here, or course, he is 21. He has something of Adebayor. He is strong, a strong body, similar strengths (to Adebayor), but as well technical skill."

Have you got a link to where he said that?
He is strong, a strong body, similar strengths (to Adebayor), but as well technical skill."

lol what?!

whats this guy been smoking? Sanogo barely has enough technical skill to just walk.
Does anyone know if Diaby is fit or injured?
lol what?!

whats this guy been smoking? Sanogo barely has enough technical skill to just walk.

Sanogo does have a good technical ability, he delivers good balls and can pass. He wouldn't be at Arsenal if he didn't have good technique tbh

Does anyone know if Diaby is fit or injured?

AW: "Diaby was not in the squad, he is just going out to practice, but is not injured."
(edited 9 years ago)

AW: "Diaby was not in the squad, he is just going out to practice, but is not injured."

Oh. I wonder if he's trying to protect him. If he is, it raises the question of why he should need protecting.

Going through twitter, too much joke.

'Flamini pointing to the defence and he's out of position himself. Normal'

Latest