The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WelshBluebird
To be fair waking up normally is confusing haha. I can be proper moody first thing lol.

Haha not a morning person?
Original post by IDukem
No worries!

You shouldn't be too harsh on yourself. You may feel that the common denominator of your unsuccessful relationships is you, but that may not be the case. It could be the type of guys that you're going out with having one or two similarities that ended up being a cause for a relationship break down.

By the sound of things, you got a lot of things going for you. You look attractive, you seem genuinely nice and likes a good laugh. I'm sure you have many more qualities, but I don't know you at all really, but those are my immediate thoughts on you. So going by that, it's not a matter of if you'll find the right guy, but a matter of when :smile:

Yeah they were somewhat similar but it's a long and complicated story.

Thank you sooooo much for saying that (that being the last paragraph) you have just made my day 10x better! :h:
Original post by Flobie
Haha not a morning person?

Not really haha.
If I have to I can put on quite a convincing mask lol (for work etc) but under my own steam I really don't do mornings.
Original post by Flobie
x

Hey how have you been :smile:
Original post by kayleighisonfire

Thank you sooooo much for saying that (that being the last paragraph) you have just made my day 10x better! :h:

Reminds me of both of my serious breakups (both pretty similar etc).

Original post by Jack22031994
That's what I was thinking - thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was so relived to not be worrying about job stuff during the second half of my final year. Especially as the job offer didn't hang on me getting a 2.1 or whatever, I just had to pass. So much pressure was lifted. I ended up getting a 2.1 by half a percent, but if I had the pressure of a job on it, I really don't think I would have.
Reminds me of both of my serious breakups (both pretty similar etc).

Aww, both of my break ups were exactly alike (well the reasons why we were breaking up were it was weird)

I'm not going to pry into why that is, but all I'll please don't beat yourself up over it. The bad relationships are the past and can't be changed. But you can use these experiences as a way help create bright future :smile: Why go back a chapter or two when you can write the next chapter freely? :biggrin:

Aww well I'm honoured :h: I guess it makes a change for you yeah? As I have no doubt in my mind that you're the one who makes other peoples days be it family or friends and eventually, your boyfriend/husband :smile:
Original post by IDukem
I'm not going to pry into why that is, but all I'll please don't beat yourself up over it. The bad relationships are the past and can't be changed. But you can use these experiences as a way help create bright future :smile: Why go back a chapter or two when you can write the next chapter freely? :biggrin:

Aww well I'm honoured :h: I guess it makes a change for you yeah? As I have no doubt in my mind that you're the one who makes other peoples days be it family or friends and eventually, your boyfriend/husband :smile:

Yeah I'm not gonna it's in the past (kind of) Exactly, not saying I wouldn't go back to them (well one of them I would but that's a different story)

I don't know if I make peoples days honestly, I don't really know what to say.

I was so relived to not be worrying about job stuff during the second half of my final year. Especially as the job offer didn't hang on me getting a 2.1 or whatever, I just had to pass. So much pressure was lifted. I ended up getting a 2.1 by half a percent, but if I had the pressure of a job on it, I really don't think I would have.

Congratulations!!! And thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm not gonna it's in the past (kind of) Exactly, not saying I wouldn't go back to them (well one of them I would but that's a different story)

I don't know if I make peoples days honestly, I don't really know what to say.

I personally would struggle getting back with an ex because the issues that lead to a break up will likely still be there. If it was 10 years down the road, I'd probably be a little more willing then as personalities would have hopefully altered for the better for the both of us :smile:

You don't have to say anything, accept the compliment (and possible fact...some people don't tell you how much you mean to them sometimes) :smile: It's unfortunate that we live in a generation where we brush off a compliment and yet take an insult to heart :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IDukem
I personally would struggle getting back with an ex because the issues that lead to a break up will likely still be there. If it was 10 years down the road, I'd probably be a little more willing then as personalities would have hopefully altered for the better for the both of us :smile:

You don't have to say anything, accept the compliment (and possible fact...some people don't tell you how much you mean to them sometimes) :smile: It's unfortunate that we live in a generation where we brush off a compliment and yet take an insult to heart :redface:

PRSOM :biggrin:
Original post by IDukem

I would only struggle if the same thing was to happen again but we've been doing stuff as friends and the situation never arises (unless the conversation has ended or I annoyed him which I understand)

I accept it thank you. Yeah very true, we seem to think that the people who compliment us are lying and the the insults we believe.
Original post by shadowdweller
Afternoon :hat2:

Afternoon, long time no speak
Not really haha.
If I have to I can put on quite a convincing mask lol (for work etc) but under my own steam I really don't do mornings.

Same, except I have no mask.. People are better off avoiding me in the morning :tongue:

Original post by Tomsta
Hey how have you been :smile:

Not too bad, had a house party last night and totally ****ed it.. My own fault though :tongue: no more alcohol for me! How are you doing?
Do people still use the tinychat?
I would only struggle if the same thing was to happen again but we've been doing stuff as friends and the situation never arises (unless the conversation has ended or I annoyed him which I understand)

I accept it thank you. Yeah very true, we seem to think that the people who compliment us are lying and the the insults we believe.

That can be worse or better depending on how the situation is. As easier said than done as it is, moving in is probably the most logical and pain free (long term) route you can make :smile:

No worries what-so-ever, I like you as a poster :h:
Original post by Tomsta
Afternoon, long time no speak

Hey Tom :h:

How's it going?
Original post by Flobie
Same, except I have no mask.. People are better off avoiding me in the morning :tongue:

Not too bad, had a house party last night and totally ****ed it.. My own fault though :tongue: no more alcohol for me! How are you doing?

Oh dear what happened
Original post by shadowdweller
Hey Tom :h:

How's it going?

Going well thanks, got myself a job :smile:
Original post by Tomsta
Going well thanks, got myself a job :smile:

Oh congrats! Doing what? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending