The Student Room Group

What GCSE's is everyone most worried about getting back?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Just wait to a levels and then you will know what it is like to worry about results, gcses are too bloody easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Biology Unit 2
English Language.
Computing and history
Original post by TheNicholas
I want to study Economics at University wby?

Medicine... Yh I know it's competitive, but what do I care :tongue: i really wanna do it at Exeter
Original post by JC_Costales
Medicine... Yh I know it's competitive, but what do I care :tongue: i really wanna do it at Exeter

Woah medicine :eek: , what are all of your predicted grades?
Woah medicine :eek: , what are all of your predicted grades?

Eng. lit - A
Physics - A*
Maths - A
Psychology - A*
Geography - A
Eng. Lang - B
Chemistry - C (Already have it but I should have got a B if my teacher didnt leave during our coursework time)
Biology - B (Would've got an A , same reason as above)
Further Maths - B
French - B
RE - A

Yh they're really average but I'm gonna study my ass off for A level and try and get a good UKCAT score
Eng. lit - A
Physics - A*
Maths - A
Psychology - A*
Geography - A
Eng. Lang - B
Chemistry - C (Already have it but I should have got a B if my teacher didnt leave during our coursework time)
Biology - B (Would've got an A , same reason as above)
Further Maths - B
French - B
RE - A

Yh they're really average but I'm gonna study my ass off for A level and try and get a good UKCAT score

Well good luck on the 21st :smile:
Well good luck on the 21st :smile:

Thank you. Good luck as well :smile: btw, from my predicted grades, is it good enough for medicine?
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I think nearly everyone flunked geography :frown:

What exam board did you do?
Maths, its one of those subjects where I miss the next grade by 1-2 marks. Plus the grade boundaries are high this year :s-smilie:
Thank you. Good luck as well :smile: btw, from my predicted grades, is it good enough for medicine?

In my honest opinion University places are very competitive, especially for Medicine therefore I think your low grades in Chemistry and Biology might affect your successful as youll be alongside hundreds of students who got A* in them at GCSE and have similar if not identical AS/A level grades- usually AAB-A*A*A for medicine. I would not give up hope now as most if not all Universities do not count GCSEs in their Entry Requirements except from a B or above in Maths and English. If you do very well at AS level e AAAA/AAAAA with some 90%+ UMS then I do not see why you would not get a place. But also remember that even applicants with A*AA have been rejected from medicine before so if I were you I would also try to get some work experience to increase your chances and bulk up your personal statement.
Original post by ohitstia
Imagine, what if we've all just completely failed? What if we just read the question completely wrong.....I just am kind of expecting an a in eng lit and lang because I normally get one, but what if my paper was just completely awful??? This is a genuine worry. Anyone feel the same??

YOU'RE MAKING ME PARANOID.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
YOU'RE MAKING ME PARANOID.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I apologise. Kind of. 19 days to go.
Did anyone do the aqa english lit exam, specifically on An Inspector Calls or Of Mice and Men?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Akaidiskjsjsb time's flown by already! Got a feeling these next few weeks will drag.. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my honest opinion University places are very competitive, especially for Medicine therefore I think your low grades in Chemistry and Biology might affect your successful as youll be alongside hundreds of students who got A* in them at GCSE and have similar if not identical AS/A level grades- usually AAB-A*A*A for medicine. I would not give up hope now as most if not all Universities do not count GCSEs in their Entry Requirements except from a B or above in Maths and English. If you do very well at AS level e AAAA/AAAAA with some 90%+ UMS then I do not see why you would not get a place. But also remember that even applicants with A*AA have been rejected from medicine before so if I were you I would also try to get some work experience to increase your chances and bulk up your personal statement.

Yh I am aware of my grades in Chem and Bio, but it was due to extenuating circumstances and so I hope they consider it. But, believe you me when I say I've been busy with work experience over the holidays.... I volunteer at a GP, Charity shop and Nursing Home, and I'm applying to apply to a hospital aswell, in which I intend to continue when I'm in sixth form..... Also, I heard that some uni's such as Durham don't look at GCSEs provided that you have a predicted grade of AAA in A level and a high UKCAT score so I'm gonna practice the UKCAT after AS-Level to make sure I get a good grade. It's the same with Plymouth aswell. What are your predicted grades by the way?
Yh I am aware of my grades in Chem and Bio, but it was due to extenuating circumstances and so I hope they consider it. But, believe you me when I say I've been busy with work experience over the holidays.... I volunteer at a GP, Charity shop and Nursing Home, and I'm applying to apply to a hospital aswell, in which I intend to continue when I'm in sixth form..... Also, I heard that some uni's such as Durham don't look at GCSEs provided that you have a predicted grade of AAA in A level and a high UKCAT score so I'm gonna practice the UKCAT after AS-Level to make sure I get a good grade. It's the same with Plymouth aswell. What are your predicted grades by the way?

My predicted grades are:
Maths: A*
Biology: A
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
English lit: A
English lang: A*
IGCSE English: A
Business: A*
Geography: A*
Graphics: A*
French: A
RE: A
My predicted grades are:
Maths: A*
Biology: A
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
English lit: A
English lang: A*
IGCSE English: A
Business: A*
Geography: A*
Graphics: A*
French: A
RE: A

Damn those are some good grades.... Do you like want to go to Oxbridge to study economics?
Original post by BeeBuzz
Did anyone do the aqa english lit exam, specifically on An Inspector Calls or Of Mice and Men?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only one I did from that was of mice and men.... The other for me was lord of the flies

Quick Reply

Latest