The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

I actually think Murray might win this one. Basically whoever wins that Djokovic-Murray QF will win the whole thing in my opinion.
Also 2 really fun WTA matches today. Venus against Pektovic and Serena against Ivanovic were both good style match ups and haf lots of drama
Original post by ubi1
Someone needs to stop Djokovic at the masters he keeps winning all of them!:frown:

Why do you care? I thought Nadal fans only care about slams since that's where your guy supposedly always peaks and they're the most important tournaments. Nadal's won a record number of masters, if he defends the US Open surely it won't matter who wins the preceding masters
Federer needs to win one of the next 2 masters. Us Federer fans need something to cheer about. :frown:
Reply 1863
Original post by lizzy95
Why do you care? I thought Nadal fans only care about slams since that's where your guy supposedly always peaks and they're the most important tournaments. Nadal's won a record number of masters, if he defends the US Open surely it won't matter who wins the preceding masters

It does matter in the sense that nobody new is breaking out making it boring with one player winning all.
Original post by ubi1
It does matter in the sense that nobody new is breaking out making it boring with one player winning all.

Wawrinka has won a masters plus a slam this year and Dimitrov and Raonic are finally breaking through. Djokovic hasn't won everything this season and hard courts are good for the younger guys so we'll see what happens
Original post by lizzy95
Wawrinka has won a masters plus a slam this year and Dimitrov and Raonic are finally breaking through. Djokovic hasn't won everything this season and hard courts are good for the younger guys so we'll see what happens

nadals out with injury, he has a lot of points to defend so it can only be beneficial to djokovic.
Original post by ubi1

You wouldn't say that if Nadal was winning all? :tongue:
David Goffin won his maiden ATP title on Saturday after defeating Dominic Thiem (4-6,6-1,6-3) to claim the Kitzbuehel Cup. This victory against Thiem marks his 20th consecutive match win since losing to Andy Murray in the first round of Wimbledon.

I don't usually take notice of any of the lesser players, but I must admit that I am quite fond of the plucky little Belgian lad Goffin (no homo).
Original post by Ashnard
David Goffin won his maiden ATP title on Saturday after defeating Dominic Thiem (4-6,6-1,6-3) to claim the Kitzbuehel Cup. This victory against Thiem marks his 20th consecutive match win since losing to Andy Murray in the first round of Wimbledon.

I don't usually take notice of any of the lesser players, but I must admit that I am quite fond of the plucky little Belgian lad Goffin (no homo).

Raonic also won in Washington, never lost a set.
Reply 1869
Original post by Roger1
You wouldn't say that if Nadal was winning all? :tongue:

Nadal only did summer triple once but nole always dominates this period

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
Raonic also won in Washington, never lost a set.

I don't find Milos Raonic interesting in any way, shape, or form to be honest. When he starts to show more grit against the top guys in the big matches then I might be inclined to take more interest, but until then he'll just be another also-ran to me.
Original post by ThatMadClown
nadals out with injury, he has a lot of points to defend so it can only be beneficial to djokovic.

I'm not saying that Djokovic hasn't benefited, I'm saying that he hasn't won Toronto and Cincinnati yet which is what started this all off to begin with.
Original post by ubi1
Nadal only did summer triple once but nole always dominates this period

Posted from TSR Mobile

No he doesn't. He has never won Cincy and has only won 1 US open. Yeah he reaches a lot of finals but who cares about the runner up?
Reply 1873
Original post by Roger1
No he doesn't. He has never won Cincy and has only won 1 US open. Yeah he reaches a lot of finals but who cares about the runner up?

True runner ups are are insignificant however Nole is the best at this period he has won all the titles apart from Cincy Nads is missing
More

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1
True runner ups are are insignificant however Nole is the best at this period he has won all the titles apart from Cincy Nads is missing
More

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nadal has done a triple and Nole hasn't. We are only talking about this time period.
Reply 1875
Original post by Roger1
Nadal has done a triple and Nole hasn't. We are only talking about this time period.

Yes but this year nads aint do no summer triple Nole will do it. he hasnt lost a match on hard since dubai? Shock!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1
Yes but this year nads aint do no summer triple Nole will do it. he hasnt lost a match on hard since dubai? Shock!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

He won't do a triple imo.
Reply 1877
Original post by Roger1
He won't do a triple imo.

2/3 Win 2 of the 3 summer tournaments at least.
Original post by ubi1
2/3 Win 2 of the 3 summer tournaments at least.

Yeah probably.
so when is the US open. it usually happens in October right?

Quick Reply

Latest