The Student Room Group

Favourite book?

What is your favourite book and why?

(If you really struggle to choose then you can say more than one)

I'm just in need of some more books to read ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
'A piece of cake' by Cupcake Brown

I could go on for ages telling you why its my favourite but I cant right now, lol. Sorry. x
Original post by Bigyindz
'A piece of cake' by Cupcake Brown

I could go on for ages telling you why its my favourite but I cant right now, lol. Sorry. x

Don't worry about it - sounds intriguing though!! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Matilda
Childhood book, i just have a lot of happy memories attached to thar particular book so it has sentimental value. Also looved the movie as a kid, still do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Zarah01
Matilda
Childhood book, i just have a lot of happy memories attached to thar particular book so it has sentimental value. Also looved the movie as a kid, still do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same but I didn't like the film.
Original post by Zarah01
Matilda

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was my favourite when I was younger too!! Good taste :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roller Coaster by Marla Frazee.

It's full of twists and turns.
"Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami.

I think it's so well written and it's one of the type of books where you feel as if you really know the characters and can sense everything around them. You know everything that is going on in the book. I found it to be a very gripping read with an awesome plot. The dark humour throughout it is so gritty but brilliant at the same time.
Original post by Michael!
Roller Coaster by Marla Frazee.

It's full of twists and turns.

Pun or no? Hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TaciturnPhantom
"Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami.

I think it's so well written and it's one of the type of books where you feel as if you really know the characters and can sense everything around them. You know everything that is going on in the book. I found it to be a very gripping read with an awesome plot. The dark humour throughout it is so gritty but brilliant at the same time.

And oh nice- that's a sign of a brilliant writer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thewishfulwriter
And oh nice- that's a sign of a brilliant writer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, he's a great writer. :smile:
The Help by Kathryn Stockett

- Really good book highlighting the true extent of racial segregation in America and really is emotional. I loved it and I'm not a really, I don't know how to put it... I read but I don't read loads and loads, I'd rather watch films, aha!
Reply 12
Original post by meenu89
Same but I didn't like the film.

Lool reallly? it's one of the few films that has actually matched my imagination when reading the book.The cast was perf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pun or no? Hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, yes :frown:

But on a serious note, I'd recommend 'The Beach' - Alex Garland. It's my favourite book by a country mile; appeals to my sense of adventure and love of tropical paradise! The film 'The Beach' with Leonardo DiCaprio was based on it. But the book is far better imo.

Also, you can't go wrong with 'The Great Gatsby' - Scott Fitzgerald. I haven't actually seen the film but read the book a few years ago. It's excellent.
Reply 14
That was my favourite when I was younger too!! Good taste :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Matilda4life haha what else do you read?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

but also Matilda ofc, my fav childhood book and movie :smile:
The Alchemist
Original post by Michael!
Unfortunately, yes :frown:

But on a serious note, I'd recommend 'The Beach' - Alex Garland. It's my favourite book by a country mile; appeals to my sense of adventure and love of tropical paradise! The film 'The Beach' with Leonardo DiCaprio was based on it. But the book is far better imo.

Also, you can't go wrong with 'The Great Gatsby' - Scott Fitzgerald. I haven't actually seen the film but read the book a few years ago. It's excellent.

Hahah - thanks! Ohh I love 'the great gatsby'- I covered it this year for AS and found it brilliant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zarah01
Matilda4life haha what else do you read?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahah
I've read a looot of YA fiction (THG, divergent, john green) and of course the Harry Potter series, but I read loads more.
My favourite book would probably be Atwood's 'the handmaid's tale' :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jeje198
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

but also Matilda ofc, my fav childhood book and movie :smile:

Nice!
Hahah lots of love for Matilda here! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending