The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michael!
Pretty sure we're going to finish outside the top five this season. Even with Sanchez. United are looking a lot better, Liverpool are staying strong, City and Chelsea are pretty much guaranteed it and Everton/Tottenham are looking like serious contenders as well. I just don't think there's enough about our squad any more.

45 mins with giroud and this is the conclusion people come to :rofl:
Original post by AR_95
Come on a draw would win us a trophy already lol

im pretty sure we dont count it as an official trophy...
Original post by barneystin
45 mins with giroud and this is the conclusion people come to :rofl:

I'm not even watching the game. I'm actually a fan of Giroud. Don't think he deserves the abuse. Arsenal have got a good team, I just think that there are 4/5 in the PL who are better.
Original post by deborarosa
If a team wins the PL and FA CUP what will happen?

can confirm from winning numerous trebles on fifa, that you play second place in the community shield.
Reply 2404
Original post by sevchenko
As we saw yesterday our midfield is key. Sanogo basically had to tap goals in. We should be looking at our midfield instead and our problem on the left

No one here has said a word about Ramsey, he's been anonymous and has been disposes a couple times too.

This is what I meant in my previous discussions with you.

I agree with you about the absence of Ramsey, and the generally lack of quality they've shown this far.

Giroud is good but what happens when our midfield turns off? We simply don't score??

We need a striker that turns a nothing game into a win with one special moment, and that's what Giroud lacks.

I don't mind having Giroud, but I want a lethal striker too. Someone of Falcao's quality. It's too much to ask for, and probably won't happen because of the availability in the market now.. But we could really do with one.

If we play like this next week, and we don't score because the midfield isn't providing tap ins then.. Well, will we reaally challenge next season?

Edit: Did you just see that change? Sanchez goes up front & Ox goes wide. If we play like that (with Walcott out wide) I'll be fine with it. It's just that Walcott comes back in sept, and even then who knows if he'll remain fit :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2405
Ox for Giroud ? LOL
Reply 2406
Original post by AR_95
Ox for Giroud ? LOL

Yes!!

Ox goes wide & Sanchez goes up top.

Exactly what we need lol
Original post by AR_95
Ox for Giroud ? LOL

hopefully means alexis as #9
poor from jack
Original post by SHOO
This is what I meant in my previous discussions with you.

I agree with you about the absence of Ramsey, and the generally lack of quality they've shown this far.

Giroud is good but what happens when our midfield turns off? We simply don't score??

We need a striker that turns a nothing game into a win with one special moment, and that's what Giroud lacks.

I don't mind having Giroud, but I want a lethal striker too. Someone of Falcao's quality. It's too much to ask for, and probably won't happen because of the availability in the market now.. But we could really do with one.

If we play like this next week, and we don't score because the midfield isn't providing tap ins then.. Well, will we reaally challenge next season?

What has Sanchez done this game? There's no supply for him to make his runs, he looks tenacious and that about it tbh

So when our midfield is playing poorly Giroud is not the only one who suffers. Arteta and Santi aren't cut out for top level football
Reply 2410
Ohhhhhhh jackyyyy
Reply 2411
What has Sanchez done this game? There's no supply for him to make his runs, he looks tenacious and that about it tbh

So when our midfield is playing poorly Giroud is not the only one who suffers. Arteta and Santi aren't cut out for top level football

Everyone's done eff all this game, I don't doubt that.

All I'm saying is that I would like our striker to not depend completely on our midfield. I would like I see a striker who, sometimes make something out of absolute nothing. Has those wild blasts from 30-40 yards out.. You know?

Can you remember the last time Giroud let one rip from outside the area?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SHOO
Everyone's done eff all this game, I don't doubt that.

All I'm saying is that I would like our striker to not depend completely on our midfield. I would like I see a striker who, sometimes make something out of absolute nothing. Has those wild blasts from 30-40 yards out.. You know?

I get what your saying and I think there's only one player who can do what your asking for and that Messi.

But we're looking slightly better in the 2nd Half with the ox on
Original post by SHOO

Can you remember the last time Giroud let one rip from outside the area?

Yes actually. I cant remember which game last season (think it was Norwich). But he took a terrible shot from 40 plus yards out for no reason- the keeper was on his line and the centrebacks got back.

Quite amusing to watch.

Oh and it was wildly off target.
Reply 2414
I get what your saying and I think there's only one player who can do what your asking for and that Messi.

But we're looking slightly better in the 2nd Half with the ox on

I know lol.. I'd prefer it if we play with this position more often, with a pacey wideman & Sanchez as a false 9
(edited 9 years ago)
Chambo is just :eek:
How is Miquel still here?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
How is Miquel still here?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

To make TV5 look like a world class defender. It's all to drive up the price :colone: .
see how much slower the play is with Cazorla on the wing and with Wilshere unable to take more than 4 touches without going down.
Reply 2419
Alexis for Flamini and the other 2 subs mean we aint scoring anymore

Latest