The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DH1'
Did you get the PM?

Yeh I did, just trying to track down my PayPal account as I haven't used it in years!

Original post by chigyy
What do you guys think of this team?

Howard
Zabaleta, Cahill, Koscielny, Zabaleta
Hazard, Sanchez, Eriksen
Bojan, Costa, Remy

Subs: Mannone, Elmohamady, Steven Taylor, Whelan

My subs are absolute trash I know aha.

Two Zabaletas? :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Yeh I did, just trying to track down my PayPal account as I haven't used it in years!

Two Zabaletas? :tongue:

LOL, I meant Ben Davies.
Yet another slightly different draft.
Team Value - 98.5m
De Gea - Krul
F.Luis - Debuchy - Cameron - Mariappa - Collins/Ferdinand
Mata - Eriksen/Lamela - De Jong - Shelvey - Tiote/Albrighton
Rooney - Costa - Adebayor/Dzeko

Considering dropping De Jong and getting both Eriksen and Lamela. Also thinking about Siggy in for Shelvey assuming I can still afford it, a want a Swansea midfielder to rotate with Cameron. I will change any player who is not starting consistently. If I can save another 0.5m then I could upgrade De Jong to Fabregas.
I would also like B.Davies and Shaw in defence but can't see how to work them in, maybe Davies instead of Debuchy?
Any suggestions would be good.
Original post by Alex Doran
Yet another slightly different draft.
Team Value - 98.5m
De Gea - Krul
F.Luis - Debuchy - Cameron - Mariappa - Collins/Ferdinand
Mata - Eriksen/Lamela - De Jong - Shelvey - Tiote/Albrighton
Rooney - Costa - Adebayor/Dzeko

Considering dropping De Jong and getting both Eriksen and Lamela. Also thinking about Siggy in for Shelvey assuming I can still afford it, a want a Swansea midfielder to rotate with Cameron. I will change any player who is not starting consistently. If I can save another 0.5m then I could upgrade De Jong to Fabregas.
I would also like B.Davies and Shaw in defence but can't see how to work them in, maybe Davies instead of Debuchy?

I would pay the extra 0.5 for Caulker over Ferdinand and another 0.5 for Ward over Mariappa. Worth it. It's exactly what I did as well.
Original post by little_wizard123
I would pay the extra 0.5 for Caulker over Ferdinand and another 0.5 for Ward over Mariappa. Worth it. It's exactly what I did as well.

I plan on using them both in a home/away rotation and I am only really looking for clean sheets as I don't think Caulker or Ward will be getting many attacking points. I just want the cheapest possible defenders that will play from QPR and Palace and ATM it looks like Ferdinand and Mariappa (although Yun is playing a lot at 4m as well.)
I can't see Caulker and Ward getting more points than my options by enough to justify spending another 1m when that could be spent upgrading Costa to Sturridge after a few weeks or De Jong to Lamela. They seem like much more worthy upgrades to me.
Original post by superman17
Some advice/feedback for my current team please. Set it up late last night;

Szczesny

Debuchy, Jagielka, Lovren, B.Davies

Mata, Oscar, Ramsey

Rooney, Lukaku, Bojan

Subs: Krul, Sigurdsson, S.De Jong, Upson

I did originally have Rooney, Lukaku, Dzeko but thought I'd stick Bojan in (think he'll impress) and could then stick Sigurdsson and De Jong in as backup that way. Both set for bright seasons I believe, especially Sigurdsson in that #10 role just behind Bony.

Cheers guys :smile:

Too much quality/money will be left on the bench each week imo. Huge rotation headaches having to leave either two of Bojan/Sig/DeJong or one of them and one of your big defenders on the bench. And what little_wizard said wrt to Oscar. Doubts on whether he'd be a regular starter, at least to begin with.

Original post by DH1'
Did you get the PM?

I'll get in on the money league. Just created my first ever PayPal account for it :tongue:
Done a switch of my substitute strikers - Nugent seems like a bargain at 5.5 in my opinion .
If I can save another 0.5m then I could upgrade De Jong to Fabregas.I would also like B.Davies and Shaw in defence but can't see how to work them in, maybe Davies instead of Debuchy?

I'd do that transfer if I were you, downgrade Krul as well since that's the easiest way to get your 0.5m. DDG won't be leaving your team anytime soon due to United's opening fixtures.

Krul > 4.0
Debuchy > Davies

Gives you 2.5m ITB to do:

De Jong > Fabregas
Collins/Ferdinand > 5.0 defender
Reply 568
Original post by Prandtl
Too much quality/money will be left on the bench each week imo. Huge rotation headaches having to leave either two of Bojan/Sig/DeJong or one of them and one of your big defenders on the bench. And what little_wizard said wrt to Oscar. Doubts on whether he'd be a regular starter, at least to begin with.

I'll get in on the money league. Just created my first ever PayPal account for it :tongue:

Wicked. Nice one man. Been hard work getting people to join, so i appreciate it. Have PM'd you details of payment
Original post by little_wizard123
Welcome back!

To register, go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com and use the following league code:

Spoiler

Current league members:

Spoiler

Current money league entrants:

Spoiler

Here is the link to the previous thread:

Spoiler

And a link to the Fantasy World Cup, if anybody is interesting in knowing how it went:

Spoiler

And copied from the previous thread:

Registrations will only be accepted if you post your team name in this thread. You have until the start of the season to do so or you will be removed from the league. This is to prevent randoms joining who have gained access to the code. Anyone who has not submitted their team name and is in the Head to Head league will be removed before the league kicks off.

To ensure that only proper members of TSR are in the league, you should ensure that you have a post count of 500 or more (from anywhere within TSR) by the end of September. Don't be put off by this as it may change or be scrapped altogether to save me time from going through and removing people.

Finally, for the H2H leagues: there are three divisions of 20 teams. The top 6 (+2 others) go into the top division next year. After 19 weeks (the halfway point), the top 3 in each league will be entered into a 'Champions League' for the final 18 weeks.

Good luck to everybody, apart from Colbert.

Ash Goodin - It's Ukraining Men - Division B
I plan on using them both in a home/away rotation and I am only really looking for clean sheets as I don't think Caulker or Ward will be getting many attacking points. I just want the cheapest possible defenders that will play from QPR and Palace and ATM it looks like Ferdinand and Mariappa (although Yun is playing a lot at 4m as well.)
I can't see Caulker and Ward getting more points than my options by enough to justify spending another 1m when that could be spent upgrading Costa to Sturridge after a few weeks or De Jong to Lamela. They seem like much more worthy upgrades to me.

I see your point, it did feel a bit odd to spend £5m on QPR and Palace. But then when Pulis came in, their defence was a rock. Also, Mariappa, despite starting, isn't really favoured by Pulis. Also, Ferdinand has absolutely zero goal threat and probably isn't fit enough to get through every game. Caulker scored 5 last year which is easily worth the additional money, just by scoring a couple more goals. 0.5 on each of them is great value imo.
Original post by screamaimash
Ash Goodin - It's Ukraining Men - Division B

Great team name. Cheers for that.
need a striker for 5.5m can't decide between Campbell for Arsenal or Bojan for stoke, I could take out Rooney for someone slightly cheaper and add some value on to a 3rd striker I guess.
Well Campbell won't play and Bojan probably will, so there you go. I like Bojan as an option. I'd keep Rooney.
(edited 9 years ago)
Onto about the tenth incarnation of my team but finally happy with it :tongue:

Original post by mccrae01

Why have Vlaar? Villa are poor in defence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mccrae01

You slashed the cash in midfield quite a bit. Any injuries, rotation or suspensions and your team is in trouble. I would drop Silva for Eriksen, Sanchez for Ramsey and then improve on Nugent but that is just because I think 3-4-3 is always the way to go.
Another bit of tinkering (not gambling on Diego Costa right now at 10.5) has left me with:

Foster
Debuchy - Shaw - Cameron - Ferdinand
Fábregas - Nasri - Arnautovic (v)
Dzeko - Rooney (C) - Lukaku

Subs: Guzan/ Tadic/ Ward/ Sigurdsson.

Foster and Guzan will rotate this season. Will probably sell Debuchy after a couple of weeks due to difficult fixtures with a view to bringing in Eriksen/ Felipe Luis. Sigurdsson and Tadic will start more often after they get their tricky opening games out of the way.

Not 100% sure on Nasri and having the Foster/ Guzan partnership.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407159121.832768.jpg

Current team £99 mil value. Not sure whether to remove Remy and get a cheaper forward and put in another high scoring midfielder like Ramsey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407159121.832768.jpg

Current team £99 mil value. Not sure whether to remove Remy and get a cheaper forward and put in another high scoring midfielder like Ramsey

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally I think Remy is a good shout.
For the lesser teams, you want to have their main striker because he is "likely" to score most of their goals.

For that reason, I have Remy and long up front with Sturridge.
Not too expensive, meaning I can have a high quality midfield and defence.

Quick Reply

Latest