The Student Room Group

Gap Year Help

Hi, so I'm interested in taking a gap year before going to uni, but I'm not that sure on some aspects of it. As in, do I apply before doing the gap year or after? And I've heard of deferred entry does that just mean a gap year. Can someone clear everything up, thanks.
Hi there,

Yes, a deferral is just taking a gap year, but you will already have your university place before your gap year starts. So you would be going there the September after your year out :smile:

If you apply after your gap year, you will have to wait another year as all your UCAS will be done after. I would recommend apply to uni as a deferral - IF you know what you want to do at uni. If not, take a year out, or more! I didn't apply with a deferral as I had resits to take in my gap year, so I just applied in the beginning of my year out!
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply. Say I have all the grades and got into a university, is it necessary that I do something like a work placement during the gap year or can I just stay home and relax?
Original post by kcorbins
Thanks for the reply. Say I have all the grades and got into a university, is it necessary that I do something like a work placement during the gap year or can I just stay home and relax?

Sorry about the late reply - ironically been off travelling!!!
Not at all, you can do whatever you want in your gap year, some just work all year, I travelled or you can watch tv for a year! It's up to you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sjrobertson
Sorry about the late reply - ironically been off travelling!!!
Not at all, you can do whatever you want in your gap year, some just work all year, I travelled or you can watch tv for a year! It's up to you :smile:

Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending