The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GoldenAge
My mum pushed me a lot so I basically did nothing until easter. I failed two prelims, as well. So that was probably not my wisest decision. :P My friends defo hate me by now, but we're all stressed so it's all cool. :biggrin:

Haha, I hope so. I bombed maths but I think I did okay on the others. What results are you waiting for? :smile:

Highers - English/Maths/Human Biology/Chemistry/Physics
:frown:
And yourself?
Original post by greenladybird
Highers - English/Maths/Human Biology/Chemistry/Physics
:frown:
And yourself?

Highers here too. English, maths, physics, history and art. I'm confident I got at least a B in art, but everything else is way too risky to say. Good luck with your results, btw!
Original post by GoldenAge
do the texts start being sent out at 12 or 2? my friend and I are debating it. :biggrin:

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who's already getting the "I'm so disappointed" speeches. xD

Original post by greenladybird
I think they start getting sent out around 12am.

My family don't really care too much about my results tbh, my sister is the main one who keeps saying '2 daaayysss' because this is her first year where she's not waiting for any results.

Original post by chopinfan
Looking through last year's thread, people started to get results at around 1.10 am so you're both close :tongue:

Officially, the texts and emails will start at 1am. However, there are sometimes little niggles with the system and so you may get some slightly earlier and as far as I am aware, how quickly after 1am they come out is random.

Whenever you get your results, a whole load of us will be online from 1am (i'll be around from 11pm Monday night throughout until around midday on Tuesday) so if you need any help from as soon as you receive your results, you'll be sure to get some on here!

I hope this helps!
Original post by Changing Skies
How nervous are you guys? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

On a scale of 1-10 probably 9 :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeschichteJunge
On a scale of 1-10 probably 9 :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

on my scale... 12billion/10
Original post by mathsisannoying

Haha, yeah I'm probably underrating my nerves..😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 546
I really don't want Tuesday to come!
Haha, yeah I'm probably underrating my nerves..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya,

Try not to worry about it too much - I'm sure you'll all do really great! What subjects did you guys take?
If you have any problems on the day then please let us know because we'll be able to help you for sure!

As I said, good luck and try not to worry too much :biggrin:
In the meantime, if there are any issues, please let me know!
Good luck with your results guys! :goodluck:
Wish A Level results were released the same time as yours!
Original post by mobbsy91
Heya,

Try not to worry about it too much - I'm sure you'll all do really great! What subjects did you guys take?
If you have any problems on the day then please let us know because we'll be able to help you for sure!

Haha thanks :smile:
I took Higher's in:
English,
History,
German,
Geography,
Administration

Nothing went wrong that I was aware of, went pretty smoothly I feel and I studied a hell of a lot so my worry is whether it's paid off really, hence my nerves... hahah. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heya,

Maths, Physics, English, Business, i sat another 5 in 5th year :smile:

edit: for my physics and Business exam i knew that went quite well, maths was iffy for me and english i never really know as its one of those subjects.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Changing Skies
How nervous are you guys? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite a bit, considering my mum keeps telling everyone that I'm getting them, so like everyone knows. 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

edit: for my physics and Business exam i knew that went quite well, maths was iffy for me and english i never really know as its one of those subjects.

Yeah I feel the same for English, so unpredictable!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha thanks :smile:
I took Higher's in:
English,
History,
German,
Geography,
Administration

Nothing went wrong that I was aware of, went pretty smoothly I feel and I studied a hell of a lot so my worry is whether it's paid off really, hence my nerves... hahah. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome then - I'm sure you'll do awesome!

I know what you mean - we all have those subjects where you just can't tell. For my exams last year I thought they had gone badly and then turned out really well, so you just gotta keep believing in yourself!

Original post by Morv
I really don't want Tuesday to come!

I'm sure you'll be fine! Just believe in yourself!
Original post by JPiddy
Quite a bit, considering my mum keeps telling everyone that I'm getting them, so like everyone knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's probably more excited than you! It'll be nice though once you've got your results, which I'm sure will be awesome, you'll be able to tell everyone
Yeah I feel the same for English, so unpredictable!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah english is highly opinion based, although the marks are usually around the same but can differ from marker to marker. For example one of my essays that was marked in a prelim got 21 from one teacher and 17 from another its quite a confusing subject sometimes.
Reply 556
So much stress this month, exam results to kick it off followed by my driving test and a job interview :/ I think my English folio wasn't as good as it could have been and I'm also desperate for an A in Maths. All my other subjects should be okay.

However, It is a good feeling knowing that this is the second last time I will ever be receiving SQA results again.

How did everyone find the higher maths exam?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Con08
So much stress this month, exam results to kick it off followed by my driving test and a job interview :/ I think my English folio wasn't as good as it could have been and I'm also desperate for an A in Maths. All my other subjects should be okay.

However, It is a good feeling knowing that this is the second last time I will ever be receiving SQA results again.

How did everyone find the maths exam?

Well done mate - I'm sure your results will be awesome!
I just started driving lessons and love it. I'm sure you'll fly through, and if not then you've got more experience!

If you need any help throughout the night and day a whole load of us will be around (e.g. I'll be on from 11pm Monday to midday Tuesday and then later on on Tuesday as well), and also in the meantime if you need anything!

Good luck buddy
Getting mine by post...tried to sign up for mysqa but the damn activation code didn't work, and I'm lazy anyway

only waiting for nat5s though, the nerves are kicking in somewhat as I'd be disappointed if I didn't live up to my prelim results.
Reply 559
Well done mate - I'm sure your results will be awesome!
I just started driving lessons and love it. I'm sure you'll fly through, and if not then you've got more experience!

If you need any help throughout the night and day a whole load of us will be around (e.g. I'll be on from 11pm Monday to midday Tuesday and then later on on Tuesday as well), and also in the meantime if you need anything!

Good luck buddy

Thanks, I didn't sign up to receive my results through text/email, so I'll have to wait till tuesday morning but good luck to everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending