The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caralong
I know it's a pretty daunting task and everyone in my year is expecting me to get a repeat of my prelim results but I found my exams a lot harder than I expected them to be. I'm not sure what i want to do yet and im starting to panic. I intend to go to uni, hopefully in glasgow but i dont know what i want to do there exactly.

Nah don't stress. Very few people can actually judge they're own performance with a complete lack of bias, and all it takes is one bad thought to completely skew your thoughts. For example, last year I did feel good about my exams, and actually over estimated what I'd get (Thought I was for AAAAB, but got AAABB), but this year in uni my exams went awfully, and I thought that for my second semester exams I'd be lucky to get 2C grades and a D. Ended up getting 2A grades and B that was so close to an A I'm mad.
Original post by Neuth
28 hours to go until the first batches of results are released :woo:

How's everyone feeling?
Excited? Nervous?

Oh my god, my heart just stopped when I saw this...😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
^High as a kite

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eccered oot mah trombone
Reply 583
Original post by laurenmhari
Oh my god, my heart just stopped when I saw this...

Glad to see it's started again :giggle:

How are you feeling about it?
good luck to all you Scottish peeps with your results:smile:
Original post by TheFOMaster
Only a little, I'm expecting 12 A band 1's in my AAH's (Advanced Advanced Highers for the idiots on this forum not in the know.) although, but for my 13th, AAH Chinese Classics, I'm slightly nervous, as I don't think my analysis of Luo Quanzhongs Romance of the Three Kingdom's was enough to merit an A band 1, only a mere A band 2 mostly because I didn't comment on the significance of Sun Ce giving the imperial seal to Yaun Shu towards the settlement of Jiangdong, and how it affected the eventual outcome of Chinese society.

It shouldn't be a problem anyway, it's not related to my degree (Mathematics at Cambridge of course, they're is no other course worth studying in the UK) and I know I have 100% in STEP IV.

Classic.
Original post by DocdoLITTLE
good luck to all you Scottish peeps with your results:smile:

I don't need luck, I have DANCE.
I don't need luck, I have DANCE.

is this some sort of dry scottish banter or? fill me in :biggrin:
is this some sort of dry scottish banter or? fill me in :biggrin:

[video="youtube;KBWuDhIv9B0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0&safe=active[/video]
[video="youtube;KBWuDhIv9B0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0&safe=active[/video]

lool amazing. but really u confident about results? and what you need?
Original post by The Milk Thief
I'm feel your pain, everyone expects me to get AAAAA too but I don't think I've got them either. I reckon I'm looking at AAABB at best. I don't want to disappoint anyone, or myself! And I hate the prospect of being compared to other people, it's horrible! Anyone that I've spoken to about the results has just said, "Urgh, I don't know what you're worried about, you're guaranteed to do well" etc. but I don't think they realise how much pressure that can put on you.

Good luck for your results too!

I know exactly what you mean! They all say I have no reason to worry cause I'm guaranteed to do well but that just puts me under more pressure and causes me a copious amount of stress. I reckon I have AAABB at best too. English and Physics just didn't go to plan and biology was dodgy too now that I think about it. What subjects are you waiting for results in?
Original post by Neuth
Don't panic - you'll be okay :hugs:

Thank You!!! :smile:
lool amazing. but really u confident about results? and what you need?

Well Cambridge required me to get get 3 band 1 A's at AH and a 1,1 in STEP III, but I think I would probably kill myself if I didn't get the 12 A band 1's at AAH that I mentioned in a previous post (last page). I am okay with getting an A band 2 in Chinese Classics however, as it only looks at the 4 great classics of chinese literature, which I think is too little, and doesn't give a real taste of what studying chinese classics would be really like. It's like studying English literature and only studying shakespeare or twain.
Reply 593
Original post by caralong
Thank You!!! :smile:

You're welcome :hugs:
Nah don't stress. Very few people can actually judge they're own performance with a complete lack of bias, and all it takes is one bad thought to completely skew your thoughts. For example, last year I did feel good about my exams, and actually over estimated what I'd get (Thought I was for AAAAB, but got AAABB), but this year in uni my exams went awfully, and I thought that for my second semester exams I'd be lucky to get 2C grades and a D. Ended up getting 2A grades and B that was so close to an A I'm mad.

thank you, that makes me feel better. I think im just a little disheartened cause I don't think I've done as well as I normally do but that doesn't mean i'll have done terribly. I just need to be optimistic and hope for the best
Original post by laurenmhari
Oh my god, my heart just stopped when I saw this...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That means about 26 until I get setup at my desk ready for the onslaught of posts for the next 18-24 hours or so... Gonna be a long night!!!!

I'm sure you'll do awesome! You just gotta believe in yourself! If you need any help just be sure to ask...
Are you getting your results by email/text or are you gonna be waiting for the post?
Original post by Neuth
28 hours to go until the first batches of results are released :woo:

How's everyone feeling?
Excited? Nervous?

shhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 597
Original post by GoldenAge
shhhhhhhhhhhhh

:ninja:

Spoiler

How's everyone feeling? Almost there now guys :smile:
Well Cambridge required me to get get 3 band 1 A's at AH and a 1,1 in STEP III, but I think I would probably kill myself if I didn't get the 12 A band 1's at AAH that I mentioned in a previous post (last page). I am okay with getting an A band 2 in Chinese Classics however, as it only looks at the 4 great classics of chinese literature, which I think is too little, and doesn't give a real taste of what studying chinese classics would be really like. It's like studying English literature and only studying shakespeare or twain.

wow wish you all the best come results day and hope you get into Cambridge! im not going to pretend to know how your grading system works but im pretty sure theyre not asking for something too easy, so good DANCE with that :smile::wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending