The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jammy Duel
Point out to me in Gaza where they can fire from that isn't built up, please. The only places I can really see are in the buffer zone which Israel kindly put in Gaza (and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's illegal, not that the world seems to care) and almost as far away from Israel as they can be putting any target worth shooting at out of range. There are a couple of patches here and there, but would you store your weapons out in the open where anybody and everybody can see it?
What makes Israel so infallible?

Ok if that is the case why don't Hamas if they are the better of the both not store any weapons, not fire rockets, not associate with anything terrorist related whatsoever, surely that would be a smart move. The only reason the UN and international community allow Israel to proceed with their military intervention is because of the threat Hamas pose and their intention to destroy Israel. If Hamas did this then Israel would face immediate punishment. But they won't do this because they know Israel would not attack them and the only way they can get people to condemn Israel is to sacrifice their own civilians. Hamas cares not one bit for its population they are sick. Israel are wiping them out because they are a threat,
Original post by TurboCretin
Do those statistics factor in the blockade of the Gaza strip?

It would be pretty pointless to produce statistics that did not account for reality.

Original post by Toxic_Legends
Maybe Gaza has a higher life expectancy because the CIA 'massage' the figures (not include civilian deaths) after all Hitler did the same thing. Anyways, please do answer my question about the limited medical supplies

So your answer to inconvenient facts is to ignore them.

OK, take the statistics published by the Palestinian Authority: http://www.pcbs.gov.ps/Portals/_Rainbow/Documents/Pop%20Projections_main%20ind_e.htm

Admittedly they are slightly lower than those of the CIA but they still put the life expectancy in Gaza well above the world average. How do you explain that if no food or basic medical supplies are allowed in?
oh don't worry their only arabs...
Original post by shahbaz
Should we attack them and start a nuclear war. But this was started when Gaza was blockaded (under seige) and thousands of Palestinans were arrested and are held without charge after the death of three jewish teens who Hamas never even killed. It is very much one sided if we ever did this to russia we would be wiped off the map.

No, it started 1000 years ago (ish).

And no, Russia would not wipe the UK from the map.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tsr1269
Some have proclaimed themselves to be Zionists. Regardless of whether you recognise them as such, they believe themselves to be Zionists.

Your pathetic "challenge" was debunked within minutes. Your bubble (that you were the only Sunni pro-Zionist) has been burst...

Lol it's funny how you turn one small comment into a serious challenge lol, good for you for being a winner
Original post by shahbaz
Omg Hamas does periodicly NOT have the potential to cause more deaths then the IDF.
The fire power on the IDF side in unreal its like a mini America.

If Israel did not have the Iron Dome, Hamas would of killed more civilians than the IDF has killed Palestinians. In that sense, Hamas could of killed many Jewish civilians.

Firepower is irrelevant, you can have a million tomahawk missiles, but if they are aimed correctly no civilians would die. In comparison, you can have a million RPG's. Now they are not on the scale of a tomahawk, but as they are not accurate, they can cause immense civilian casualties.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Falcatas
Civillian casualties caused by Israel are accidents they are not trying to kill them, of course this doesn't mean it is right.

People forget that if they really wanted to Israel could send their army or completely flatten Gaza pretty easily.
They could massacre all Palestinians if they wanted to, but they don't as they want peace.

Why everyone forget Hamas uses operating hospitals and schools and command centers and for storing rockets.

No sir!! you missed a lot of important points to mention! So why did an Israelian plane bombed 4 isolated children playing on the beach? why did a Soldier of Israel take a picture smiling with a bleeding little palestinian boy?? Do you want Israel to look guilty by falattening Gaza, they are not too stupid to do that right? I swear if just one and only child from the west was bombed, the whole world will stand up for him! but because these children are from a tiny islamic village , they have to die... As simply as that !!!
Original post by MASTER265
Lol it's funny how you turn one small comment into a serious challenge lol, good for you for being a winner

What's even more sad is that you have deluded and brainwashed yourself into believing that you are the only Sunni Zionist supporter...
Original post by UniOfLife
It would be pretty pointless to produce statistics that did not account for reality.

So your answer to inconvenient facts is to ignore them.

OK, take the statistics published by the Palestinian Authority: http://www.pcbs.gov.ps/Portals/_Rainbow/Documents/Pop%20Projections_main%20ind_e.htm

Admittedly they are slightly lower than those of the CIA but they still put the life expectancy in Gaza well above the world average. How do you explain that if no food or basic medical supplies are allowed in?

Since you support the state of Israel, I just want your opinion on how you feel about Millions of Palestinians being denied their basic freedom of health care. Since, after all it is being denied by Israel
Original post by tsr1269
What's even more sad is that you have deluded and brainwashed yourself into believing that you are the only Sunni Zionist supporter...

Loool
Ok if that is the case why don't Hamas if they are the better of the both not store any weapons, not fire rockets, not associate with anything terrorist related whatsoever, surely that would be a smart move. The only reason the UN and international community allow Israel to proceed with their military intervention is because of the threat Hamas pose and their intention to destroy Israel. If Hamas did this then Israel would face immediate punishment. But they won't do this because they know Israel would not attack them and the only way they can get people to condemn Israel is to sacrifice their own civilians. Hamas cares not one bit for its population they are sick. Israel are wiping them out because they are a threat,

Oh please. Israel hasn't "face[d] immediate punishment" is not because of HAMAS. It's because they hold an ace over the Americans who effectively control the UN through funding.

Hell, they withdrew funding of UNESCO because it recognized Palestine.
How can you compare Hamas firing a few rockets that rarely hit or kill anyone to Russia? Not to mention the West have largely been aggressors towards Russia 1st by hijacking nearby Ukraine and putting in anti-Russian leaders then NATO and western powers threatening of military action. Oh I forgot about the crippling sanctions similar to what they've imposed on innocent Iran.
Original post by Dorra Hadrich
No sir!! you missed a lot of important points to mention! So why did an Israelian plane bombed 4 isolated children playing on the beach? why did a Soldier of Israel take a picture smiling with a bleeding little palestinian boy?? Do you want Israel to look guilty by falattening Gaza, they are not too stupid to do that right? I swear if just one and only child from the west was bombed, the whole world will stand up for him! but because these children are from a tiny islamic village , they have to die... As simply as that !!!

50 western children were shot out of the sky 2 weeks ago, and we are still not getting involved with Ukraine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those who don't want to look at life expectancy, let's look at infant mortality rate. According to the Palestinian Authority in 2010 it was 22.4. (source: http://www.pcbs.gov.ps/Portals/_Rainbow/Documents/Pop%20Projections_main%20ind_e.htm). The CIA Factbook puts it at 16 in 2013. You can compare both figures to other countries here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_infant_mortality_rate
Original post by merrill
If Israel did not have the Iron Dome, Hamas would of killed more civilians than the IDF has killed Palestinians. In that sense, Hamas could of killed many Jewish civilians.

Firepower is irrelevant, you can have a million tomahawk missiles, but if they are aimed correctly no civilians would die. In comparison, you can have a million RPG's. Now they are not on the scale of a tomahawk, but as they are not accurate, they can cause immense civilian casualties.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thing is mate the US are payed for iron dome and are paying for it with a recent 250M USD.
So, why does then Israel still go in so heavy.
Original post by Sic semper erat
haha, we're in this situation now because muslims lost 1967 and don't seem to learn their lesson

If you imagine having no knowledge of the crisis, it gets funnier.
Original post by merrill
No, it started 1000 years ago (ish).

And no, Russia would not wipe the UK from the map.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Largest nuclear stockpile in the world, repeat that.
Original post by shahbaz
Largest nuclear stockpile in the world, repeat that.

Doesn't matter. You can have 1 billion nuclear missiles in your arsenal and it would still count for nothing.

Britain could kill every single Russian with just 160 missiles, less even. Probably only need about 40 - 50.

Then you have France and the USA. Plus the missile shield (forgot what its called) thats based on a few US frigates.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Israel are innocent in all of this. Hamas has been planning for years to destroy Israel, they have made it clear with their propaganda and more recently the tunnel networks. Almost every nation in the world including the EU and UN has declared Hamas a terrorist organisation. The people of Palestine voted these monsters into power so must face the consequences of their actions

Okay, as a terrorist organisation, why didn't Hamas make a plan to attack the USA for example?? Why did it chose to attack Israel? Did you ask yourself if there is a reason which made Hamas pick Israel?
I think a major part of the problem is that western people feel responsible in some way for Israel's actions.

After all, Israel was brought into existence by Britain.

Of course Israel has the right to defend itself, but then again so does Gaza.

The problem is extremists on both sides. I must admit that a few of my Israeli friends have very very extreme views. To be honest, they have views that would cause me to reconsider them as friends. I don't have any Palestinian friends, so I can't make a comparison.

Overall in my opinion, Israel is of course winning the battle at the minute, but it's starting to loose the war. The country should consider the long-term sentiment against it that is now emerging across the west, especially in Europe.

Latest

Trending

Trending