The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
You'd never marry an ajnabi?

Well I have no idea what the future holds, but insaAllah no (in the most non racist way possible, lol).
Original post by Chukkeigh
I hate my ISOC at my uni, full of self righteous people who preach about equality and love but never give people who partly attend their events (ie Me) due to well ermm having to study or work a chance in their events. They literally expect you to hang out with them every bloody second of the day (the girls this is, the boys seem cool) and if you don't they cast you out from being involved in any ISOC events. Lol.

That seems like a very harsh isoc.:console:
Original post by Al-farhan
That seems like a very harsh isoc.:console:

Meh, what can I do...

The sad part is that I had such high expectations of my ISOC and that it would be able to boost my imaan/knowledge of the deen. But alhamdullilah, I made quite a few good friends in my course who I have benefited from.
Well I have no idea what the future holds, but insaAllah no (in the most non racist way possible, lol).

Lol its good you value your culture :tongue: same here tbh but its going to be alittle hard because I don't find most somali guys attractive :frown:
I hate my ISOC at my uni, full of self righteous people who preach about equality and love but never give people who partly attend their events (ie Me) due to well ermm having to study or work a chance in their events. They literally expect you to hang out with them every bloody second of the day (the girls this is, the boys seem cool) and if you don't they cast you out from being involved in any ISOC events. Lol.

wow :K: How often do they hold events?
Lol its good you value your culture :tongue: same here tbh but its going to be alittle hard because I don't find most somali guys attractive :frown:

Ditto, have the same problem. Most of my friends that got married, married outside England (America, Sweden, Holland etc) 'cause they didn't like any here in England they said. Apparently the Somali Yanks are absolutely gorgeouuuuusss! And that accent! :tongue:
wow :K: How often do they hold events?

Every other week if it is not exam season so it is pretty full time and I can't really commit to that.
Ditto, have the same problem. Most of my friends that got married, married outside England (America, Sweden, Holland etc) 'cause they didn't like any here in England they said. Apparently the Somali Yanks are absolutely gorgeouuuuusss! And that accent! :tongue:

*books one way ticket to america*

Spoiler

My cousin attended a wedding where the bride was somali and the guy was paki and she videod some bits. It was the most awkward wedding ever. All te somalis were busting moves on the dance floor whilst all the pakistani women were sitting down (even when the bride came in). The racism was real lolol

Spoiler

My cousin attended a wedding where the bride was somali and the guy was paki and she videod some bits. It was the most awkward wedding ever. All te somalis were busting moves on the dance floor whilst all the pakistani women were sitting down (even when the bride came in). The racism was real lolol

Lmaoooo, perhaps they just didn't feel like dancing? Would you ever consider having a mixed wedding?

Spoiler

no offence but why would you marry an Asian. I thought somalis look down on those people
Lmaoooo, perhaps they just didn't feel like dancing? Would you ever consider having a mixed wedding?

But c'mon its a tad disrespectful. I mean they could've atleast pretended to be enjoying themselves. Some of them looked miserable :lol:

Um, I want to marry a somali for sure. The only exception i would make is an eritrean or yemeni guy because our cultures are similar but inshaAllah I find a good somali husband :smile: its just easier to marry someone from your own culture sometimes. I'm not even thinking about marriage till last year of uni/after I finish though
Meh, what can I do...

The sad part is that I had such high expectations of my ISOC and that it would be able to boost my imaan/knowledge of the deen. But alhamdullilah, I made quite a few good friends in my course who I have benefited from.

yes alhamdulilah, you can benefit from these individuals more so than the entire isoc perhaps:wink:
Original post by golden tribe
no offence but why would you marry an Asian. I thought somalis look down on those people

No idea. Its very uncommon. Both look down on eachother lol
But c'mon its a tad disrespectful. I mean they could've atleast pretended to be enjoying themselves. Some of them looked miserable :lol:

Um, I want to marry a somali for sure. The only exception i would make is an eritrean or yemeni guy because our cultures are similar but inshaAllah I find a good somali husband :smile: its just easier to marry someone from your own culture sometimes. I'm not even thinking about marriage till last year of uni/after I finish though

Lmao, no I meant mixed wedding as in boys and girls mixed. Eritrian/Ethopian man are gorgeous (and Somali guys lol, please don't bite me.)
No idea. Its very uncommon. Both look down on eachother lol

Did you see someone get bottled today?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Did you see someone get bottled today?

Bottled?
Bottled?

I swear everyone who went to see this wasteman is wet. What credentials does he have though?
Lol! what happened at the events bbz xoxo.
Lmao, no I meant mixed wedding as in boys and girls mixed. Eritrian/Ethopian man are gorgeous (and Somali guys lol, please don't bite me.)

Oh, my bad :redface:
No, I don't want a mixed wedding. I'm gonna keep it segregated and halal inshaAllah :tongue: too much fitna goes on in mixed weddings which is why I avoid those kinda weddings. No man will be invited to the wedding party (well my husband and my 2 brothers might come in right at the end but not sure..)

Wbu
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I swear everyone who went to see this wasteman is wet. What credentials does he have though?

He is hilarious. Dont hate please

Lol! what happened at the events bbz xoxo.

I didn't go Alhamdulillah. It was madness! He got arrested. Read my earlier post

Quick Reply

Latest