The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Huskaris
I understand entirely what you are saying. To clarify I 100% stand by what I say, if I was a Palestinian, I would be killing every single Israeli, in fact, every single Jew I could, that's just how I would feel.

This very base mentality is one of the main reasons why the Palestinian people are still suffering. Killing individual Israelis achieves absolutely nothing and only serves to perpetuate the conflict. It is just not something that would be considered by anyone with a shred of moral deceny or -- failing that -- the mental ability to see the long-term consequences of one's own actions. It doesn't matter for the Israelis -- they have the upper hand obviously and can go on with the current status quo indefinitely. Not so for the Palestinians, and this tit-for-tat nonsense only exacerbates their plight.

Conversely, if I was an Israeli, I wouldn't care in the slightest about all the civilians who die in the pursuit of safety for myself and the Israeli people. Both sets of people live in fear. If I was a civilian in either populace, I would completely be in favour of what my government (whatever side that may be) is doing. This is EXACTLY where all of the issues stem from.

If I was to declare my personal position, I would find myself more in favour of the Palestinians based purely on a humanitarian basis, but I understand entirely 100% why the Israelis would do what they are doing. They are surrounded by enemies and have no choice but to be ever vigilant, a Jewish homeland MUST exist, and that sometimes requires lethal force.

Humanitarian lol. You speak of getting a knife and killing as many Jews as you can in one breath, and then in another breath you speak of being motivated by "humanitarian" concerns. The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one.

It's just all a bit disturbing really, isn't it? You state that you would kill as many Israeli's as possible (interesting that you state the method of killing), refer to them specifically as "baby killers", and then starting ranting on about the holocaust when it is not pertinent to the discussion. Then after the foam has stopped dripping from your mouth, you start posting little smiley faces and pretending that you are merely another neutral observer.

Your initial post is the exact reason why I try to avoid these Israel-Palestine debates specifically. I never see this sort of hysteria in the Syria thread, or the ISIS thread, for example.
(edited 9 years ago)
Israel declares what seems to be a unilateral ceasefire but not in Rafah.

It is set to go in effect at 10 am today finishing at 5 pm.

Face saving tactic?
Original post by Dorra Hadrich
Okay, as a terrorist organisation, why didn't Hamas make a plan to attack the USA for example?? Why did it chose to attack Israel? Did you ask yourself if there is a reason which made Hamas pick Israel?

Umm yeh because for one Israel is on their doorstep, second the nation they were harboured from has been at war with Israel for countless decades, thirdly they lack proper funds and practicalities to launch any meaningful offensive against the USA, they can do more damage to the state of Israel than they could ever do to the USA- Hamas are no ISIS or Taliban. Hamas have made it clear the USA and the West as a whole is their enemy but as we have seen from the likes of ISIS they take ground bit by bit and so Hamas would only attack the USA once it has taken over Israel and parts of Egypt as it has tried to in the past.

This is really a stupid question what do you want me to say?
Original post by shahbaz
Thing is mate the US are payed for iron dome and are paying for it with a recent 250M USD.
So, why does then Israel still go in so heavy.

I suspect that is because being under constant bombardment raises stress levels, and thus people want to retaliate. If I was a man in Tel Aviv who had 15 seconds to run to a shelter every time I commuted to university, I can guarantee that 1) I would want to hit them back and a government who promises to end Hamas strikes & 2) I would be straight down to the IDF recruitment office after lectures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by merrill
We have missile defence (via the US navy), and the landscape doesn't matter if you put/ land a nuclear warhead in each Russian city centre. No point aiming at the countryside, there is nobody there

Posted from TSR Mobile

What missile defence system is this?

You do know that we have nothing to stop ICBMs.
Original post by Toxic_Legends
Israel didn't allow Turkish ships to send medical aid to Gaza.

Wrong. Let me quote from The Guardian:

The de facto Hamas government in Gaza has refused to accept truckloads of aid offloaded from the flotilla raided by Israeli forces earlier this week.

source: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jun/03/hamas-flotilla-aid-israel
Original post by merrill
50 western children were shot out of the sky 2 weeks ago, and we are still not getting involved with Ukraine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh I'm so sorry for your loss! The whole world will stand up for the killed children , be sure of that! At least the Public opinion will be defending them :smile: ... Not against them as it is with the palestinians' case !!
Reply 4607
A Palestinian in Gaza is better off and has more rights than an ordinary citizen of any of the neighbouring countries. That's why they're all there -because the other arab countries suck so much, don't want them and would treat them much worse.
Original post by UniOfLife

The Guardian, Thursday 3 June 2010 18.41 BST

anyways, i have another question for you. Please be truthful. I want to see it from your perspective. Why do you support Israel? why are you a Zionist?
Perhaps your ire should be directed at Hamas who decided to use their own people as shields for their armaments.
Reply 4610
How can you have so much hate towards Muslims? I understand the Jews underwent a genocide by Hitler but it doesn't mean they can commit another genocide :/ its a bit hypocritical. I have nothing against Jews and especially Israeli citizens.

I'm not pro-Israel or anything, but you must be able to understand that the seige mentality of the Gazans must be a fraction of the seige mentality of the Israelis. They're surrounded by enemies who hate them and have invaded them over and over and pledged to destroy them. They also have enclaves within full of people who hate them.

You can't really be surprised that Israel is how it is.
Original post by Crazy92
What missile defence system is this?

You do know that we have nothing to stop ICBMs.

Yeah I wasn't thinking about ICBMs, I was on about tactical nukes. I forgot what its called, ill have to look, you should too, but at the moment its deployed in the Mediterranean and has been for the past few years. Basically, it stops/ destroys all short and medium range rockets (nuclear or non nuclear). There was also talk of evolving and continuing the old 1980s STAR WARS system, but basing it in Poland/ Norway rather than West Germany, and having land based interceptor missiles, rather than missiles launched from satellites. The Russians didn't like it but I think its going through the planning phase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clip
I'm not pro-Israel or anything, but you must be able to understand that the seige mentality of the Gazans must be a fraction of the seige mentality of the Israelis. They're surrounded by enemies who hate them and have invaded them over and over and pledged to destroy them. They also have enclaves within full of people who hate them.

You can't really be surprised that Israel is how it is.

Yeah but a few hundren nuclear bombs makes them feel better. The only in the middle east.
Original post by merrill
I suspect that is because being under constant bombardment raises stress levels, and thus people want to retaliate. If I was a man in Tel Aviv who had 15 seconds to run to a shelter every time I commuted to university, I can guarantee that 1) I would want to hit them back and a government who promises to end Hamas strikes & 2) I would be straight down to the IDF recruitment office after lectures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even then a little stress compared to utter destruction and death...

The IDF is not the answer.

The Guardian, Thursday 3 June 2010 18.41 BST

anyways, i have another question for you. Please be truthful. I want to see it from your perspective. Why do you support Israel? why are you a Zionist?

Not sure what your point is with the date. That is when the Turkish flotilla was sent. Or were you referring to a different incident? Regardless, the facts are facts and they do not fit with a vision of Gaza as some "open prison" where everyone is starving to death.

I don't want to derail the thread but if you are seeking an honest discussion then please feel free to ask me again via private message.
Original post by Pinzgauer
Perhaps your ire should be directed at Hamas who decided to use their own people as shields for their armaments.

You mean it is simply a coincidence as it has not been definitively, nor conclusively proven...
Original post by Dorra Hadrich
Ohh I'm so sorry for your loss! The whole world will stand up for the killed children , be sure of that! At least the Public opinion will be defending them :smile: ... Not against them as it is with the palestinians' case !!

Public opinion is not against the Palestinians though? I'm saying the public will not actively get involved, whether its western or Palestinian children.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by merrill
We have missile defence (via the US navy), and the landscape doesn't matter if you put/ land a nuclear warhead in each Russian city centre. No point aiming at the countryside, there is nobody there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what I mean they have siberia can hide out there. But we all die in a nuclear winter so good we didn't.
Reply 4618
Original post by shahbaz
Yeah but a few hundren nuclear bombs makes them feel better. The only in the middle east.

That's the last resort. Like using a hand grenade to fight off a mugger. The Arab countries (and Iran) have got lots of people they don't mind sacrificing and oodles of land. Israel has neither. You don't start a nuclear war if you've got a tiny little crowded country.
Original post by UniOfLife
Hmm. So no food is allowed in then? How come they haven't all died of starvation?

Whisper it...but could it be you were told lies about the situation in Gaza?

Here's a factoid for you to chew on. Life expectancy in Gaza is around 74 years. Life expectancy in Glasgow is 72 years.

Decreased by a year or two due to the recent conflict?

Latest

Trending

Trending