The Student Room Group

RAF Personnel Support

Hi,

Anyone here either applying, training or already working as RAF Personnel Support trade?
Been here awhile, read all threads, plenty of other trades, but not mine.
Original post by She_wolf
Hi,

Anyone here either applying, training or already working as RAF Personnel Support trade?
Been here awhile, read all threads, plenty of other trades, but not mine.

Are you on twitter? @RAFCareers_HR is a recruiter with 10+ years experience in HR/Personnel Support. She's really nice and will help you with any queries!
Reply 2
Hi
I am looking at the RAF personal support trade. I have my aptitude test on Tuesday, how far along are you in the process?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Nicki16
Hi
I am looking at the RAF personal support trade. I have my aptitude test on Tuesday, how far along are you in the process?

Good luck! We have one of the highest pass mark along with tech trades.
I'm almost at the end, my PRTC is tomorrow :smile:
If you have any questions about the process, PM me, I'm always happy to help.
Reply 4
Original post by She_wolf
Good luck! We have one of the highest pass mark along with tech trades.
I'm almost at the end, my PRTC is tomorrow :smile:
If you have any questions about the process, PM me, I'm always happy to help.

Hi
Cheers I'm just worried about the mechanical and electrical section, the english and maths. I'm not as worried. I've looked on the GCSE bitesize website but still not sure how did u get on with those sections.

Ive also got a bit of weight to lose so I've just been working on my fitness and diet.
Fingers crosses and good luck with your PRTC.
Reply 5
Original post by Nicki16
Hi
Cheers I'm just worried about the mechanical and electrical section, the english and maths. I'm not as worried. I've looked on the GCSE bitesize website but still not sure how did u get on with those sections.

Ive also got a bit of weight to lose so I've just been working on my fitness and diet.
Fingers crosses and good luck with your PRTC.

I've PM'd you:smile:
Thanks! I hope I'll pass this last test and be ready for my BRTC next month :smile:
Hi,

I'm going in for Pers Spt. Waiting to start basic on 10th Sept after completing PRTC at the start of July.

If anyone wants any info or needs any help with anything, give me a shout - I'll be happy to help.

Chris.
Reply 7
Original post by chris-d-lpool
Hi,

I'm going in for Pers Spt. Waiting to start basic on 10th Sept after completing PRTC at the start of July.

If anyone wants any info or needs any help with anything, give me a shout - I'll be happy to help.

Chris.

Hi Chris

Well done on passing the selection process. Thank you for the offering of help I would be grateful of any help that you could please give me, I've just passed my AST test today. I am just starting to prepare for my interview.
Nicki
Reply 8
Hello, I have my selection test next week for personal support, can someone tell me whether the pass rate for this job is high or low and whether the questions are actually that hard? Thanks
Steph are you talking about the pass rate for the AST? If so message me and I'll send you the requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually dunno how to message an image on mobile so I've typed it out to u

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plus, if you can do the mock tests in the booklet you should be fine. If you can't, you'll struggle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StephL95
Hello, I have my selection test next week for personal support, can someone tell me whether the pass rate for this job is high or low and whether the questions are actually that hard? Thanks

Hi Steph

Knowing the pass marks won't help you in any way, and will probably add more pressure and therefore increase the chances of making mistakes.

The questions aren't hard, mostly around GCSE level. It's the time limits that make it a challenge and being under such strict time limits is what causes most people to make mistakes and fail. It's just as much about how well you work under pressure as it is an intelligence test.
Reply 13
Hi Steph
I've pm u. I did my test last week and I agreed with the comments on here.

As long as u revise and dont panic u will be fine, with each section there is a time limit and there was one section I think the work rate, I did not finish but if u just time urself approx u will be fine.
Good luck
Nicki
x
Thanks so much for your help, may see some of you at happy Halton haha
Reply 15
Hi all

I agreed with Steph, I can't wait and hopefully meet some of u soon.
Can't wait super excited, just need to pass my formal interview first.
Nicki
x
Hey Chris, Ive recently applied for Pers Spt too.. How did you find the AST? i'm really worried as i've got it soon and im struggling a lot. How did you revise for the tests? any help would be much appreciated!

Dani
Reply 17
Hi Dani

I did my AST test in August and I am currently waiting for my medical to go through. I am 31 & struggled at the beginning as I've been out of school for a few years.

I would say the most important thing is to use the revision booklet and practice the tests in there, also look at the GCSE bitesize website, the mechanical and electrical section we do not need to pass but I would say you still need to revise because it helps towards ur overall mark.

Also if u can time or get people to time u because I found that helped. Also I found the Memory test part was one letter came up on the screen at a time and not a list like the practice booklet and then u need to remember the letter in between.

The maths and english were not too hard I know it sounds pants but take a watch in and I left it on my desk and roughly timed so I could pace myself. Maths I paniced and thought it would be hard but it was just the type of questions in the practice booklet, also maybe read an article of a newspaper and then get someone to test u on what u have read.

I hope this helps if u would like any more information or help, please pm me and I would be more than happy to help as I have had a lot of the help along the way as well, everyone on here has answered any questions I have had.

Quick Reply

Latest