The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shahbaz
Even then a little stress compared to utter destruction and death...

The IDF is not the answer.

Possibly it is, possibly its not. If I lived in Palestine I would probably join Hamas for the very reasons you say earlier in this thread.

However, it is unfair to criticize one side without criticising the other. Besides, Hamas are worse than the IDF. Its like the USSR vs Nazi Germany. They are both bad, but who is worse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UniOfLife
Not sure what your point is with the date. That is when the Turkish flotilla was sent. Or were you referring to a different incident? Regardless, the facts are facts and they do not fit with a vision of Gaza as some "open prison" where everyone is starving to death.

I don't want to derail the thread but if you are seeking an honest discussion then please feel free to ask me again via private message.

There was also a flotila that was blown up by the IDF I dont know how you can say that lol.
Original post by merrill
30 000 rockets fired at Israel. If they didn't have the iron dome, there would be far more dead Israeli civilians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many rockets have been fired at Gaza? How many shells fired at Gaza?

In fact, why don't the Israeli's have a blog or a running tally of all the shells/missiles that they have launched on Gaza?
Original post by MASTER265
Umm yeh because for one Israel is on their doorstep, second the nation they were harboured from has been at war with Israel for countless decades, thirdly they lack proper funds and practicalities to launch any meaningful offensive against the USA, they can do more damage to the state of Israel than they could ever do to the USA- Hamas are no ISIS or Taliban. Hamas have made it clear the USA and the West as a whole is their enemy but as we have seen from the likes of ISIS they take ground bit by bit and so Hamas would only attack the USA once it has taken over Israel and parts of Egypt as it has tried to in the past.

This is really a stupid question what do you want me to say?

Relax :smile: You gave me the answer I was expecting from you :smile: well a very stupid answer! thank you!! I just want to say that Israel isn't on their doorstep; it is invading Palestine... Israel wants to clean up the whole area and to take control of all of it! This is a GENOCIDE!! People are killed like crazy and you are still defending Israel!! Oh God; is there a human right there to talk with -_-
Original post by tsr1269
How many rockets have been fired at Gaza? How many shells fired at Gaza?

In fact, why don't the Israeli's have a blog or a running tally of all the shells/missiles that they have launched on Gaza?

Read the rest of the thread for my opinion.

& they do. Ammunition count; all modern militaries do this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by merrill
Possibly it is, possibly its not. If I lived in Palestine I would probably join Hamas for the very reasons you say earlier in this thread.

However, it is unfair to criticize one side without criticising the other. Besides, Hamas are worse than the IDF. Its like the USSR vs Nazi Germany. They are both bad, but who is worse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its more david vs goliath I feel bad for the Palestininians because I know it will be hard for them to win compared with the size power, support and disregard for human life Israel has. Also to get a cease fire with abolition of the blockade on Gaza.
Original post by merrill
Read the rest of the thread for my opinion.

& they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have and you haven't addressed my question.

Where is this fabled and mythical figure?
Original post by GrapeLeaves
They do. The Palestinian Authority has security forces in the West Bank in case you didn't know. They and the IDF work together and have actually made the West Bank quite stable. Notice you never hear of rocket attacks or Israeli strikes in the West Bank.

Read history. The "Palestinians" are simply Arabs many of whom immigrated in large numbers from surrounding countries looking for work 100-150 years ago. According to the British during their mandate, more Arabs immigrated there than Jews did. The famous historian Martin Gilbert wrote that at least 50,000 Arabs immigrated there during the British Mandate alone, with tons more having gone there during Ottoman rule. Read any accounts about the area, from C.S. Lewis to the British High Commission. All of them said the land was desolate until the Jews moved there and built the place.

BTW 50% of Israeli Jews today are refugees from Arabic countries. And yes they easily got citizenship and a life. Meanwhile, the Arab countries treat their Arab-Palestinians like filth, they gave neither to them nor their descendants citizenship.

"Gilbert describes himself as a proud practising Jew and a Zionist". Funny enough he was born in 1936 but wasn't part of the 6 trillion that died in the Holocost.
Original post by Clip
That's the last resort. Like using a hand grenade to fight off a mugger. The Arab countries (and Iran) have got lots of people they don't mind sacrificing and oodles of land. Israel has neither. You don't start a nuclear war if you've got a tiny little crowded country.

Doesn't help if you kill the muslims that live on your land, treat them lke 2nd class citizens and bomb Gaza. Israel can improve relations but decides violence is the best option.
Original post by shahbaz
Its more david vs goliath I feel bad for the Palestininians because I know it will be hard for them to win compared with the size power, support and disregard for human life Israel has. Also to get a cease fire with abolition of the blockade on Gaza.

Well, personally, I would want Israel to win since they are democratic and far more liberal than Hamas. It's against my moral principles to support an militant group that does not respect either. That doesnt mean I wish for Palestinians to die, or that Israel is free from criticism (bombing children on a beach is one deplorable act)

I have no sympathy for Hamas. War is never fair, its not meant to be.

I just wish Palestinians dispose of Hamas. Through peaceful or violent means.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tsr1269
Decreased by a year or two due to the recent conflict?

Not sure what you mean? My post gave figures for Gaza and Glasgow :confused:

Original post by shahbaz
There was also a flotila that was blown up by the IDF I dont know how you can say that lol.

I don't recall such a flotilla. Do you have a source?

How is it going reconciling your vision of Gaza as a place full of starving people with the facts and pictures I have posted?
Original post by Sic semper erat
Don't insult Sharon, he and Menachem Begin and Moshe Dayan were heroes. Natanyahu is too diplomatic and bit of a lefty for a Likud member.

One died a vegetable. One died paralyzed and one was practically insane.

Their lives seem like an insult to themselves....
Original post by tsr1269
I have and you haven't addressed my question.

Where is this fabled and mythical figure?

All modern militaries have ammunition counts. They don't publish it usually, but they still have them. The British Army did for Iraq, if you dig around you will find it.

And what question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by golden tribe
neither are jews from what we have seen and continue to see

No. Israel is a functioning democracy you have muslims in its government, "Palestinians" were allowed to protest in Tel aviv and enjoy the same rights as everyone else.

Islam is hardly tolerable to non muslims. :rolleyes:
Original post by UniOfLife
Not sure what you mean? My post gave figures for Gaza and Glasgow :confused:

Given the fact that a lot of civilians have been killed by the Israeli's, one would assume the life expectancy to decrease, no?
Original post by merrill
Well, personally, I would want Israel to win since they are democratic and far more liberal than Hamas. It's against my moral principles to support an militant group that does not respect either. That doesnt mean I wish for Palestinians to die, or that Israel is free from criticism (bombing children on a beach is one deplorable act)

I have no sympathy for Hamas. War is never fair, its not meant to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look I dont support Hamas, but that is all people talk about and forget about the Palestinian suffering. Hamas would agree to a cease fire if the blockade is lifted. Israel does not help its self.

Also I worry how "liberal" Israel really is there are many articals says how Israli's are the most racist people on earth, mandator enrolement into the IDF treatment of arabs as 2nd class citizens ect. you would not see that in the UK.

However, I do admire your concern for human life.
Original post by merrill
All modern militaries have ammunition counts. They don't publish it usually, but they still have them. The British Army did for Iraq, if you dig around you will find it.

And what question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where is this running tally of how many missiles/shells Israel has used on Gaza?

Let us compare who has used more munitions in this conflict...
Original post by merrill
30 000 rockets fired at Israel. If they didn't have the iron dome, there would be far more dead Israeli civilians.

Iron dome's effectiveness is disputed by many military experts. Whilst Israel is happy to give statistics about the effectiveness, they (the experts) suggest that it is more like 5-10% sucessful which puts the hamas rockets into perspective; surely their rockets are useless otherwise there certainly would be more israeli deaths.
Sources include: Huffington Post and Al Jazeera (albeit fairly biased)

Anyway the blockade means that Israel can decide what goes in and out meaning they could easily dismiss essentials which i am certain they do. What gives Israel the right to control another country even if zionist illegal expansion has effectively cut Palestine in half.
Original post by Bill_Gates
No. Israel is a functioning democracy you have muslims in its government, "Palestinians" were allowed to protest in Tel aviv and enjoy the same rights as everyone else.

This tolerability is a farce just like the zionist leaders of our world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bill_Gates

jews are killing children and targeting UN compounds as we speak.

You can't just say muslims are bad when you have jews who stole arab land just killed nearly 2000 arabs in 3 weeks

Latest

Trending

Trending