The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scotland101
How does everybody intend to view their results

by e-mail, text, or letter?

All of the above haha. I get the email first, then the text at around 8am and the post arrives at around 2pm
How does everybody intend to view their results

by e-mail, text, or letter?

Getting all 3, but now I feel like I'll be happier leaving the email and text and waiting for the letter as it'll be easier to look at things one by one - each subject and I'd prefer that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caralong
All of the above haha. I get the email first, then the text at around 8am and the post arrives at around 2pm

Is that just to make sure they didnt muck up? :tongue: Do they not send your email and text at the same time? Well, we'll be here anytime when you get them in case you need any help, but I'm sure you've done awesomely!
Original post by Morv
Yeah I'm the middle of nowhere too! I love the countryside so much but I'm really looking forward to going to Uni and meeting new people! I want to go to Glasgow or Edinburgh so a big change from my wee area!

Aw that's a shame! We do t have a lot of subjects either like we are on,y just getting history so I'm sitting it next year, we don't have anything like drama which is something I'd like to do. Yeah I really love the gaelic.. I'm hoping to become a gaelic medium primary teacher actually! So I'm sitting advance higher this year :smile: did you feel your exams went ok?

Hahaha I'm the exact same! I think it'd be nice just to see the big wide world that's out there as soon as I can! I'd love to get into Glasgow or Edinburgh, that would be ideal!

History's great, I'm planning on doing AH next year even though I'm the only one in my school who wants to do it! Oh that sounds like a great job! I don't think I'd ever have the patience for teaching (I did my work experience in a primary school) so I really really admire those who do!

Meh, I guess they weren't too bad but they definitely could have been better. I reckon I'm going to be disappointed. However, I've got to take some blame since I chose this year of all years to actually get a life and spent more time partying than I did studying. Just so long as I haven't done too badly and I can work on it next year. How did you think yours went?
Original post by mobbsy91
Is that just to make sure they didnt muck up? :tongue: Do they not send your email and text at the same time? Well, we'll be here anytime when you get them in case you need any help, but I'm sure you've done awesomely!

Texts and emails are very unlikely to arrive at the same time, I think for most people the email comes first. :smile:
Last year I stayed up for the email and then I couldn't sleep afterwards so I think I am just going to leave my phone on at night and wait for it to beep when I get a text

All the SQA say is that everyone (who signs up) gets the email and/or text by 9am. But in my experience, email always comes first! In fact, I've been scrolling down in my Inbox and all my three emails have come at around 1am! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hollieeilloh
Texts and emails are very unlikely to arrive at the same time, I think for most people the email comes first. :smile:

Ahh yeh I suppose thats true - I would hate it if there was a power cut and you only got your results by email...

Last year I stayed up for the email and then I couldn't sleep afterwards so I think I am just going to leave my phone on at night and wait for it to beep when I get a text

That sounds like a plan - from what I've heard its pretty mixed whether people are staying up or not. We'll be here whenever you need, but only IF you need us which I'm sure you wont!
Original post by Asklepios
All the SQA say is that everyone (who signs up) gets the email and/or text by 9am. But in my experience, email always comes first! In fact, I've been scrolling down in my Inbox and all my three emails have come at around 1am! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh, in our training stuff they said from 1am onwards... Whoever thought of that... it means a ton of people not even getting results are going to be up at that time...

It must be so nerve wracking for you guys at the moment...
Reply 629
As if anyone needed any more assurance...

Spoiler

Yeh, in our training stuff they said from 1am onwards... Whoever thought of that... it means a ton of people not even getting results are going to be up at that time...

It must be so nerve wracking for you guys at the moment...

I'm a bit of a night owl so I will probably be awake when the e-mail comes through but I am not gonna look, would rather wait til the morning
I'm a bit of a night owl so I will probably be awake when the e-mail comes through but I am not gonna look, would rather wait til the morning

Fair enough. A couple of us in the Welcome Squad helping out have insomnia so for us it wont be a problem either - lots of people have said thats just too early for me to be around and stuff...

I'm pretty amazed at how some people just seem so more chilled about it - you get some who are saying they'll be staying up all night, and others who are just like, nah, ill just wait till morning...
Fair enough. A couple of us in the Welcome Squad helping out have insomnia so for us it wont be a problem either - lots of people have said thats just too early for me to be around and stuff...

I'm pretty amazed at how some people just seem so more chilled about it - you get some who are saying they'll be staying up all night, and others who are just like, nah, ill just wait till morning...

That's dedication do you work at the TSR HQ or are you a volunteer?

id say im in the middle of that, i am really really nervous, but this is my last year getting results, i would want to open them by post, but since UCAS is open from 9am ive said that if post isnt there in time i will open the email, i really want to open that email because its really important but at the same time so nervous.. i will stay up most of the night but not cause of the email cause of the nerves of knowing i probably have it but wont open :smile:

It's just to make sure I get them as soon as humanly possible haha. Well the past two years I have received my email at about quarter past 1 and my text at around 8 am. I'm a lot more nervous this year since it's higher results this time and they feel a lot more important (and are a lot harder) than standard grades. Thank you!!!
That's dedication do you work at the TSR HQ or are you a volunteer?

I'm a volunteer at home...

Original post by mathsisannoying
id say im in the middle of that, i am really really nervous, but this is my last year getting results, i would want to open them by post, but since UCAS is open from 9am ive said that if post isnt there in time i will open the email, i really want to open that email because its really important but at the same time so nervous.. i will stay up most of the night but not cause of the email cause of the nerves of knowing i probably have it but wont open :smile:

That's fair enough - I can understand that if you are able to view them through UCAS and you haven't got the letter then you'll want to check them!

I'm sure you'll do really awesome though, and if you need to then we will be here to help you!

Not that this will help your nerves, but around 32 hours to go! Really good luck!
Original post by caralong
It's just to make sure I get them as soon as humanly possible haha. Well the past two years I have received my email at about quarter past 1 and my text at around 8 am. I'm a lot more nervous this year since it's higher results this time and they feel a lot more important (and are a lot harder) than standard grades. Thank you!!!

That's fair enough. I really respect those who wait for the post, as I could never wait that long if I had the opportunity to get them earlier - I know a lot I've spoken to are getting them by text/email and so the forums here and all the staff are going to be busy busy busy as soon as...

Really good luck with your results, and I'm sure you'll be really awesome!
That's fair enough. I really respect those who wait for the post, as I could never wait that long if I had the opportunity to get them earlier - I know a lot I've spoken to are getting them by text/email and so the forums here and all the staff are going to be busy busy busy as soon as...

Really good luck with your results, and I'm sure you'll be really awesome!

So do I. I couldn't handle the wait especially since my post comes pretty late on in the day.

Thank you, I hope I'll be too!
So it begins...

Posted from TSR Mobile
SQA website counting in hours, now you know its serious, might just stay up all night tonight then wake up in afternoon tomorrow then ill get better sleep tomorrow night like i done last year so if anyone's doing the same im going to be here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending