The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'm so nervous! I'm waiting to find out if I've met my conditions and it is a stressful experience.
I studied Advanced Higher English and Higher German, History, and Maths this year and basically I need 2 B's to get into Dundee Uni for English and Creative Writing.
I did well in the prelims, but that doesn't stop me from worrying myself sick. Last year didn't go so well for me... I only got 2 A's and the rest were fails after I had a rocky year. I know some of you might say it's still good but at the time I was only thinking of Uni entry requirements and the fact that people kept saying I was going to be fine.
Well, it's the same scenario this year. I've had a better year (no more science subjects for me!) but it's so nerve-wracking when people say "oh you'll be fine." Does anybody else go through that? I never know how to react. It's like I've got to meet everybody's expectations and so I am bricking it for these results.
You know what's frustrating though? I was okay after I sat the exams - the papers were alright for me... but as the day gets closer and closer, that anxiety just creeps in and aarrgghh!

Sorry... I tend to ramble a lot !!
Original post by Stephanie Smith
I'm so nervous! I'm waiting to find out if I've met my conditions and it is a stressful experience.
I studied Advanced Higher English and Higher German, History, and Maths this year and basically I need 2 B's to get into Dundee Uni for English and Creative Writing.
I did well in the prelims, but that doesn't stop me from worrying myself sick. Last year didn't go so well for me... I only got 2 A's and the rest were fails after I had a rocky year. I know some of you might say it's still good but at the time I was only thinking of Uni entry requirements and the fact that people kept saying I was going to be fine.
Well, it's the same scenario this year. I've had a better year (no more science subjects for me!) but it's so nerve-wracking when people say "oh you'll be fine." Does anybody else go through that? I never know how to react. It's like I've got to meet everybody's expectations and so I am bricking it for these results.
You know what's frustrating though? I was okay after I sat the exams - the papers were alright for me... but as the day gets closer and closer, that anxiety just creeps in and aarrgghh!

Sorry... I tend to ramble a lot !!

Don't worry about it mate - not long now, only about 19 hours!!! Once you get your results, if you need help then pop back here, otherwise go and celebrate!!!

Good luck!
Not long to go now!!!! Feeling pretty excited.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by CocoaPowder
Not long to go now!!!! Feeling pretty excited.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i have a mixture of feelings because to think the teachers/ucas have them now and are making decisions is nerve racking and in general really just anticipating the best, maths for me was bloooooodyyyy harddd.
Original post by TheFOMaster
SAM, you've changed your picture since I last saw you on here. You're looking rather beautiful as always :smile:

Why thank you. I had a wee make-over a few months back That digital look is so last year...
Reply 705
Can't handle all this waiting, so stressful wondering if you've met your conditions for university!
Not long now...
This is going to be my first results day so I'm a bit nervous. English is probably the one which I have no idea about though :/
This time tomorrow, texts and emails will have arrived or postie will be on the way. I want to wish everyone the best of luck from me. :smile:
This day crept up very fast, wow. I've literally not given it that much thought, so meh

And obviously I would forget to sign up for mySQA, so it's the post for me ( and a long lie lol )

Suppose I should say good luck even though you guys don't really need it :wink:
Original post by mysqa
This time tomorrow, texts and emails will have arrived or postie will be on the way. I want to wish everyone the best of luck from me. :smile:

thanks sam, so nervous right now to think that schools and ucas have the results right now. Scary stuff!
Do people that sat all nat 4s still get a certificate tomorrow or is it just the people that sat exams .
Original post by mysqa

So is this delay in the Glasgow area thing all bosh then? Because I live in Glasgow and don't know if I should be getting my results on the 5th or the 7th now.
Original post by MarkP.
Can't handle all this waiting, so stressful wondering if you've met your conditions for university!

What do you need to get
Original post by Larissa14
Do people that sat all nat 4s still get a certificate tomorrow or is it just the people that sat exams .

People who did Nat 4s should get certificates as well. :smile:

Original post by DylanJ96
So is this delay in the Glasgow area thing all bosh then? Because I live in Glasgow and don't know if I should be getting my results on the 5th or the 7th now.

It's complete *******s. We've known for years that the Commonwealth Games are going to be in Glasgow, and the SQA are not so amateurish that they won't have prepared for any potential delays it might cause. You'll be getting your results tomorrow.

What delay? As far as I know, there is no delay expected anywhere. You should get your results tomorrow.
Original post by mysqa

What did u think of the Higher Maths exam Sam??
Original post by mysqa
What delay? As far as I know, there is no delay expected anywhere. You should get your results tomorrow.

Thanks, that puts my mind at ease! People on this thread were saying that there's a postage delay because of the Commonwealth Games and, as a result, we should be getting the results on the 7th but I'm glad to know that's all bosh! Pretty mean joke, tbh.
Thanks, that puts my mind at ease! People on this thread were saying that there's a postage delay because of the Commonwealth Games and, as a result, we should be getting the results on the 7th but I'm glad to know that's all bosh! Pretty mean joke, tbh.

Aha. No, the post office will do their usual good job I'm sure. Good luck!
Original post by LetMeTakeASelfie
What did u think of the Higher Maths exam Sam??

I didn't sit it, and TBH I was never very good at Maths anyway, so I'm not the person to ask. I can say it didn't get the "this is the hardest exam ever" comments online that Maths particularly usually gets, so I'm assuming most people were okay with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending