The Student Room Group
Fort William campus
University of the Highlands and Islands

Anybody studying in University of Highlands and Islands?

Totally feeling bummed theres no forum for us on here, anybody out here?
Lol, seriously, getting lonely, guys!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will be starting at UHI in Sept! have you had any paperwork through from the uni yet?
Fort William campus
University of the Highlands and Islands
Original post by Adderlink
I will be starting at UHI in Sept! have you had any paperwork through from the uni yet?

hey man :smile: no paperwork as of yet, im a little worried they may of sent it to my old address, what have you had come through? what will you be studying?
Reply 3
Hmm i'm the same, was starting to get a little worried seeing as the course starts in a month and so far have only had a letter from ucas confirming my place! Going to be studying BSc Psychology, you?
Reply 4
Thank God some people are studying at the UHI.

I thought I was going to be like the only one.

Only know one person who is studying where I live and they are 3rd year and I'm a 1st year aka Fresher :L

Starting induction tomorrow and officially starting my course next Monday, what about you guys?
Reply 5
Starting induction on Tuesday :-)
Reply 6
Good luck, I'm the only one doing my course (Sociology & Politics) good luck :smile:
Reply 7
aww thanks, wow you must be in one of the remote places :smile: im hoping i get on ok but i'll soon find out
Perth doing Applied Sciences :smile:
I'm studying music business at Perth college UHI. :smile: I skipped onto 3rd year after doing a HND at a different college, I start classes tomorrow!
Reply 10
Wow, so I'm not the only UHI person here. I'm starting a MLitt in Viking Studies at Orkney in January, though it will mainly be by distance.
Anyone studying at UHI should encourage TSR to add a sub-forum for the University. Send PMs, kick up a fuss. it's you being disadvantaged because your peers are coming to this site, seeing there's no sub-forum and quite possibly leaving without ever actually posting.
Reply 12
I am thinking of starting at uni next year. Do you guys recommend it?

Ps: definitely need a sub forum!
Reply 13
Autocorrect- I meant UHI not just uni!
Reply 14
Can anybody on here tell me how long UHI usually takes to send out confirmation letters? My course is starting in January and I have no written proof yet that I've been accepted, so that does start to worry me a bit.
Reply 15
Hi Anndee

Have you been told you have a conditional/unconditional? I originally got through an unconditional quite quickly after applying, but because I was applying using a hnc opposed to highers, that seems to have held things up. I haven't had much contact or a specific start date either, I also start in january
STIIIIILL waiting for a sub-forum, Powers That Be!
Andee,

Yes, I am in the MLitt program as well, starting in January. Well, as soon as my official, final NARIC equivalency gets back to the program director. I spoke to the director of the Center for Nordic Studies there, and I look forward to getting started.

I am doing most of mine remote, as I live in the States.
Reply 18
My course starts in January. Not received anything so far! Not even been given a start date. Hope UHI are not going to be this disorganised for the whole course....
Start date is the 26th of January. I already got my conditional offer and everything else squared away. I just completed my online registration, and now I am awaiting approval by my tutor.
I do not think that they are disorganized. I have had numerous questions and likewise have sent numerous emails. All of my emails were answered. I hope to see you in one of the video conferences. I am assuming that you have been accepted into the program.

Quick Reply

Latest