The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jammy Duel
blah blah blah

Shown yourself up.

The map shows plenty of empty space and I even provided you with pictures of fields from Gaza.

Enough of your propaganda. You've been caught with your pants down.

:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by MASTER265
No one can possibly know what would happen unless it happens so there is no right answer to that question however I imagine if the two sides can never have peace a one nation is the likely solution however I agree with you to an extent. If Israel controlled it they probably would be second class citizens, and equally if Palestine controlled Israel the Jewish population would be second class citizens as we can see with the minority Jewish, Christian and other small populations in the Arab world.

we come to the same situation once again what can be done for long term peace?

The whole region is hell and I hate to say it but the few Arab countries who have westernised as you might like to put it are the more stable and democratic ones but that brings in the whole USA thing.

Just tell me what should be done, I actually want your input, please inform me because it's ok to criticise but you need an aftermath solution.

Those who had immigrated from Germany and Russia should be given back their lands and if they want a Jewish State in Europe, then that should be facilitated.

The Jews were fostered upon the Arabs and now the Arabs should return them.

I await a vehement hyperbolic reply....
So you want us to tell you what would happen if x,y,z happens first, but if we ask you to do the same thing you say "idk".
If you won't tell us what you think will happen if Israel re-occupies the Gaza Strip and treats it the same way it does the West Bank why should we tell you what we think will happen if Israel withdraws?

Because the difference between you guys and me is that you keep saying Israel should withdraw and Israel should stop. So ok you told me what Israel should and so what do you expect to happen following your proposal. Only stupid people proceed with actions without considering the aftermath so I am asking you if you think Israel should stop what do you expect from it.
Original post by miavdbt

The fact that its rockets will be destroyed if they don't store them in civilian areas is ludicrous and still does not justify the fact that they do in any way.

Ludicrous how? Are you saying Isreal can't find and destroy a rocket launcher in a field? Seriously?
Original post by HCubed
Ludicrous how? Are you saying Isreal can't find and destroy a rocket launcher in a field? Seriously?

Nice job taking one statement out of context from my entire post.
Now go and draw on to that map the totally not illegal 3km buffer zone which I'm pretty sure Israel will be kind enough to attack anything they think could possibly be military if it enters and you're left more or less just with the patch in the south west corner. Now, look at ranges, targets, distances. Come back when you learn how to measure a distance and frantically look on wikipedia for the information you need

Have you not been following the discussion? Besides the buffer zone, they have farm land which they rent to people. Why not use THAT to fire their rockets from?

If you can show me how firing from Iran and firing from the moon yield the same results.

What are you on about?

Well done, you have finally managed to find something that is actually from Hamas. But where in it does it say they must stay in their homes? After all, the claims that are consistently made are that Hamas FORCES people to stay in their homes to act as human shields. Does that mean if I were a member of staff in a bank being robbed by armed robbers, if I advised people to stay where they are then I'm forcing them to stay and using them as human Shields?

Except on numerous occasions you asked us to show you a legitimate source where Hamas told its people to stay in their homes. I showed you that. Now you suddenly want a source stating that Hamas FORCES its civilians to stay? How about you stop with your ludicrous demands of more and more proof and accept that where Hamas wants its civilians to die in their homes from bombs falling on them, Israel warns them to flee.
Original post by tsr1269
Those who had immigrated from Germany and Russia should be given back their lands and if they want a Jewish State in Europe, then that should be facilitated.

The Jews were fostered upon the Arabs and now the Arabs should return them.

I await a vehement hyperbolic reply....

Thank you for your solution

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_the_Land_of_Israel#Under_Islamic_rule_.28638.E2.80.931099.29

The link covers the relationship between the Jewish world and Israel so to say the Jews were fostered upon the Arabs is inaccurate. There was already an established Jewish population and all that was done was a political transfer of powers after WW2 following British rule over the region. But hey it's quite an interesting read if you want to look over it. You will find the Arab account of events and the widely accepted account of events to be very contrasting due mainly to the fact of the culture clash.

I respect your idea but I was more hoping it would be on the basis of the situation we are in demographically, moving a whole nation and establishing a new one is well almost impossible politically and just practically. How would this be done? What happened to the inhabitants of Germany and Russia? What about the religious importance the land of Israel holds?
Original post by miavdbt
Nice job taking one statement out of context from my entire post.

My entire post that YOU responded to was making the point that moving rockets into the open means the launcher will be immediately destroyed by Isreal, so it is effectively asking the Gazans to unilaterally disarm with no concessions from Israel.. It is at the very centre of the issue and entirely in context. Your deflection is, however, noted.
Original post by HeavyTeddy
I like how people are trying to downsize the issue by saying that 1,500 is small relative to 1.5 million as if that's any sort of justification. Anywho, with the blockade it's certainly comparable to an open air prison since of course there is no routes to escape what we know as Palestine. With regards to the food situation, I'm pretty sure I've read articles regarding the Israeli military allocating food by calculating a strict amount of calories per person per day and only letting that amount in, as well as banning foods they regard as dangerous (they banned pasta for goodness sake wtf). Clearly, this type of ghettoisation of Gaza is sick, and to the people supporting it well yeah, you're sick in the head too.

No water, no electricity and no food!! Israel is bombing houses after promising to hold fire for 7 hours today!! Zionists now have the right to do whatever they want with paletinians... They're totally free!! They use high-tech weopons, they bomb houses and schools... They are depriving palestinians of nutrition... and people are defending Israel !!
Original post by HCubed
My entire post that YOU responded to was making the point that moving rockets into the open means the launcher will be immediately destroyed by Isreal, so it is effectively asking the Gazans to unilaterally disarm with no concessions from Israel.. It is at the very centre of the issue and entirely in context. Your deflection is, however, noted.

The point you made when you took my point out of context was already addressed in my full post. You took it out of context and it made it look like i had not addressed the point, when I had. Now go back and read my full post, respond to that, and then we can continue the debate.

I will not keep repeating myself. That's what you pro-Palestinian lot do, don't you? You just make people repeat themselves hoping they'll get tired of saying the same thing so you'll 'win' by not having to respond to anything. Very similar tactic to tsr.
Original post by miavdbt

Except on numerous occasions you asked us to show you a legitimate source where Hamas told its people to stay in their homes. I showed you that. Now you suddenly want a source stating that Hamas FORCES its civilians to stay? How about you stop with your ludicrous demands of more and more proof and accept that where Hamas wants its civilians to die in their homes from bombs falling on them, Israel warns them to flee.

Is it not just getting on your nerves. Not once have I asked these guys for sources of information and yet they want us surfing the internet because they are either lazy or playing a game. How hard is it for them to read a piece of history text on Israel or the conflict from Wikipedia and in an instance they have an educated account on the matter.
Thank you for your solution

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_the_Land_of_Israel#Under_Islamic_rule_.28638.E2.80.931099.29

The link covers the relationship between the Jewish world and Israel so to say the Jews were fostered upon the Arabs is inaccurate. There was already an established Jewish population and all that was done was a political transfer of powers after WW2 following British rule over the region. But hey it's quite an interesting read if you want to look over it. You will find the Arab account of events and the widely accepted account of events to be very contrasting due mainly to the fact of the culture clash.

I don't think you quite understood. I didn't deny that there were Jews living there.

I stated quite clearly that the illegal immigrants should be sent back to where they came from. Most of them originated from Germany and Russia...

I respect your idea but I was more hoping it would be on the basis of the situation we are in demographically, moving a whole nation and establishing a new one is well almost impossible politically and just practically. How would this be done?

You have land. You name it Israel. You put people into it and voila, a state comes into being.

What happened to the inhabitants of Germany and Russia?

They illegally immigrated to Palestine.

What about the religious importance the land of Israel holds?

Irrelevant.

Jesus lived and breathed ME air. Yet you don't see the ME populated with Christians. In fact, more Christians live outside of the ME than in the ME.
Is it not just getting on your nerves. Not once have I asked these guys for sources of information and yet they want us surfing the internet because they are either lazy or playing a game. How hard is it for them to read a piece of history text on Israel or the conflict from Wikipedia and in an instance they have an educated account on the matter.

I absolutely agree. Not to mention that the video I provided took one simple youtube search. It's really not that difficult to google things.

They're either too incompetent to use google or hope we'll give up and not respond to their obviously crappy arguments since we get tired of finding them sources, thus somehow achieving some kind of 'victory' in their small minded heads.
A digger attack, an IDF soldier shooting and now an "incident" near the Gaza border...
Original post by miavdbt
The point you made when you took my point out of context was already addressed in my full post. You took it out of context and it made it look like i had not addressed the point, when I had. Now go back and read my full post, respond to that, and then we can continue the debate.

I will not keep repeating myself. That's what you pro-Palestinian lot do, don't you? You just make people repeat themselves hoping they'll get tired of saying the same thing so you'll 'win' by not having to respond to anything. Very similar tactic to tsr.

I'm nobody's lot, I have made a couple posts on this issue and you pigeonhole me? Ever wonder why Israel is losing friends like me? My point was not dealt with in your post since you are still unwilling to say whether Israel can instantly destroy rocket launchers out in the open. I won't be holding my breath - should you ever decide to answer, we can debate further.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HCubed
I'm nobody's lot, you judgemental fool. I have made a couple posts on this issue and you pigeonhole me? Ever wonder why Israel is losing friends like me? My point was not dealt with in your post since you are still unwilling to say whether Israel can instantly destroy rocket launchers out in the open. I won't be holding my breath - should you ever decide to answer, we can debate further.

Obviously they can if they're just sitting in the open for everyone to see. But I did address that, that's what my whole post was based around.

I responded that if they're so good at digging tunnels they can dig holes where they can hide their weapons. AWAY from civilians.

I also responded that it's not a justification either way, for them to hide their weapons amongst civilians because that's effectively using human shields.

There you go, you made me repeat myself. Typical. Go back and read the post and respond to that.

I doubt you were ever a 'friend' of Israel's.
Because the difference between you guys and me is that you keep saying Israel should withdraw and Israel should stop. So ok you told me what Israel should and so what do you expect to happen following your proposal. Only stupid people proceed with actions without considering the aftermath so I am asking you if you think Israel should stop what do you expect from it.

Israel and Hamas won't stop! Be sure of that! because all what Israel wants is to take control of Gaza and that's what Hamas is rejecting of course!!
Original post by tsr1269
A digger attack, an IDF soldier shooting and now an "incident" near the Gaza border...

The "incident" you seem to be referring to appears to be the shooting of a soldier near a war zone. Obviously it's still terrible but soldiers being shot is hardly further justification to shell refugee centres full of civilians if that is the point you're trying to make.

The longer this goes on the more my sympathy for Israel wanes. The whole thing is horrific.
Israel Breaks Ceasefire After 6 Minutes, Using F16 Jets To Kill 8 Year Old Girl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2715282/Second-Gaza-ceasefire-collapsed-claim-Hamas-Group-says-Israel-broke-seven-hour-truce-minutes-just-days-failed-peace-attempt.html#comments

I'm predicting how Zionists will respond to this thread. Previously, Hamas "allegedly" broke a ceasefire and the Zionists were shouting "Blame HAMASSSS". Now Israel has blatantly broken the ceasefire, but I'm sure they will still shout "Blame HAMASSSS".

To Mods: Please do not delete/merge this thread. This thread is not about the wider conflict, but specifically discussing how Israel continues to lie to the world and break ceasefires, in order to advance their blood-thirsty military goals.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending