The Student Room Group

Entering university a Virgin

Like a minority of people my age , this year I'm going to be going into university a virgin.

I'm not fussed but would like to get it out the way .

I'm aware that in truth or dare , ring of fire and other drinking games that are likely to be held in freshers , the topic of sexual history is likely to come up .

Im just wondering if its best for me if I lie in this situation ? Having told people in the same situation prior , it usually made me the subject of ridicule and can't help but feel it made me appear less in women's eyes. Anyone who has seen shows such as inbetweeners or fresh meat knows the kind of awkward predicament this reveal lands the bloke in.

Last thing I need at the beginning of uni is everyone knowing my business.

I know alot of you guys and girls will probably say "id think your sweet and saving it for the right person" etc but lets be honest , most people irl probably wont think this way

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Like a minority of people my age , this year I'm going to be going into university a virgin.

Im also going to uni a virgin im not gonna say anything unless they ask and i will just tell them straight i really dont care im 19 will be 20 in september
and i have no interest in loosing it while at at uni because i dont want to. I dont drink so im not worried about accidents and stuff like that
(edited 9 years ago)
I dont think the minority of people are virgins. What makes you assume that?
Original post by LorenzoRey
Im also going to uni a virgin im not gonna say anything unless they ask and i will just tell them straight i really dont care im 19 will be 20 in september
and i have no interest in loosing it while at at uni because i dont want to. I dont drink so im not worried about accidents and stuff like that

I'm aware that in truth or dare , ring of fire and other drinking games that are likely to be held in freshers , the topic of sexual history is likely to come up .

Im just wondering if its best for me if I lie in this situation ? Having told people in the same situation prior , it usually made me the subject of ridicule and can't help but feel it made me appear less in women's eyes. Anyone who has seen shows such as inbetweeners or fresh meat knows the kind of awkward predicament this reveal lands the bloke in.

I know alot of you guys and girls will probably say "id think your sweet and saving it for the right person" etc but lets be honest , most people irl probably wont think this way

how bout yee two get talking...

and yee wont be virgins by uni:biggrin:

but yeh I agree with the gal here..be honest..
the girls wholl judge yeh for that..thats their problem not yours..theyre missing out
Original post by trustmeimlying1
how bout yee two get talking...

and yee wont be virgins by uni:biggrin:

but yeh I agree with the gal here..be honest..
the girls wholl judge yeh for that..thats their problem not yours..theyre missing out

Because i dont want to have sex? whats the*yee* all about anyway?

i dont judge if someones a virgin or not... i really couldnt care its their life and body after all? XD

So what you're saying is my name doesn't turn you on?
Original post by Pussy eater
So what you're saying is my name doesn't turn you on?

your name implies you eat cats... i dont think its legal in the UK sorry.
and why would eating cats do anything other then disgust me?
Reply 7
Lol I'm a 20 year old virgin going into second year of Uni this september and I didn't give a monkey's butt when people asked why am i still a virgin. That's because I do want to save it for the right person. I have too much respect for myself.
Reply 8
I dont think the minority of people are virgins. What makes you assume that?

That was hyperbole , its true for people in my social circle at least . People who have lives have generally gotten laid by 18.

Your a girl so if anything this is just going to make you more attractive . Out of interest why not at uni ? Its just sex , its not like your going to have a baby and sacrifice your career because you had sex with some guy.

Your a girl so if anything this is just going to make you more attractive . Out of interest why not at uni ? Its just sex , its not like your going to have a baby and sacrifice your career because you had sex with some guy.

I dont want sex anywhere with anyone any time soon... and in my head its not just sex its huge... a huge change to my life.
The thought of having sex actually scares me i dont like being touched never mind anything else... but i suffer from social anxiety disorder so i know that it wont be easy for me to ever get the confidence to do such a huge thing.
Ive never had a boyfriend or anything of the sort... because i generally am that scared of it
I'm sure you'd be surprised at how many virgins there actually are at uni!

I seriously doubt that anyone is actually going to directly confront you about such a personal issue, but if it does happen, then in my opinion there's really no point lying. You'll get found out eventually and you'll just end up looking a bit pathetic. People are much more likely to appreciate someone who's honest and open with them and even if there is a bit of banter early on, chances are it'll be forgotten about a couple of weeks later. There'll always be those people who place importance on how many sexual partners they've had, but most people really couldn't give a damn. It's your decision, not theirs.
(edited 9 years ago)

i dont judge if someones a virgin or not... i really couldnt care its their life and body after all? XD

im only messing..just saying yee could hit it off

ah in ireland we mean yee as like you in plural sense..

exactly
even I have had a plethora of opportunities that I didnt take but honestly im happy for waiting for a better time
You'll have the piss taken out of you for it, that's almost a fact. I know there will be hundreds of socially awkward weirdos who flock to this post saying how sad it is to mock someone for something like but it'll happen.

If you're a lad it'll be worse, me and my group of mates mercilessly mock one of our pals who hasn't had sex in a year, if you were our mate you'd probably cry and we're just normal friendly males.

Say you've shagged one lass before, that'll save some ridicule.
Reply 13
I think there are two possible options, the truth or one made up partner (still leaving you very experienced and gagging for it). I must confess I opted for the second bit of deception. In hindsight I think the truth is a good option. I quite admired a couple of people who 'fessed up to their innocence - and one then was able to tell his story of being 'deflowered', by quite an experienced babe I might add. Good luck.
(edited 9 years ago)
if ur that embarrassed jus say due to religious reason.

god why is everyone ashamed of being a virgin...

We are the minority. But I think you'll find that minority has more people in it than you would think :smile:
Man up and be honest. It takes more of a man to be honest about being a virgin than to lie and make out like you're a stud? Trust me, I reckon many people in those drinking games will also be lying about it. So they'll probably admire you for it . and if not then who cares? It just shows that they're pathetic.
Reply 17
Original post by Kabulkid
if ur that embarrassed jus say due to religious reason.

god why is everyone ashamed of being a virgin...

This.
I'm not convinced a minority who go to university are virgins, might be closer to 50% if you take everyone into account. Either way, being a virgin is hardly unusual and there's no shame in it either.

I was once laughing around with a mate when something he said revealed he went to uni a virgin. In a moment of fairly thoughtless "banter" I said "so you were a virgin when you came to uni then!" (as in "haha"). He rounded on me pretty fast with a straight face and just said "yeah I was, why is there something wrong with that ____?". Then I was the one who felt pretty embarassed and ashamed, as I should have!

Realise you've nothing to be embarassed about, and other people can't embarass you. Maybe you can even remind them of a thing or two (as in my case).
I'm a virgin, and I don't intend on lying about it at uni. I don't see why some people are ashamed of being a virgin at our age. You don't HAVE to have had sex by 18, you do it when you're ready. I'm in no rush, and if someone asks me at uni if I am a virgin I'll tell them the truth. If they feel the need to ridicule me for it, they're an idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending