The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Undisclosed 15
Why have Vlaar? Villa are poor in defence

Posted from TSR Mobile

He isn't too expensive, so he's worth it considering how he performed in the WC.
Not to mention he's the best defender in his team so if villa have a good day at the back, he has a shout of getting bonus performance points.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Personally I think Remy is a good shout.
For the lesser teams, you want to have their main striker because he is "likely" to score most of their goals.

For that reason, I have Remy and long up front with Sturridge.
Not too expensive, meaning I can have a high quality midfield and defence.

Fair point. If he stays at QPR I'll just stick with him. Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
[duplicate]
Remy will either stay at QPR or go to Newcastle, He is a good shout for a striker.

Still not sure over Yaya Toure. Him or Hazard!
Reply 584
my latest team. all opinions welcomed
oh and also it's mannone on schemicael sub
Original post by Vintage
Remy will either stay at QPR or go to Newcastle, He is a good shout for a striker.

Would Newcastle pay the going rate for him though? The 8m was only for Champions League clubs, anyone else would have to stump up £15m or so. Given how Newcastle have only brought in two strikers on loan, from an outsiders pov it would seem that they aren't prepared to spend anymore.

If he stays at QPR he's a good pick imo, a partnership with Charlie Austin has some potential.

Cesar
Onouha Rio Caulker
Isla Barton Mutch Traore
Hoilett
Remy Austin

That's not a bad side at all!
Original post by Vintage

Still not sure over Yaya Toure. Him or Hazard!

for me it was yaya or sanchez.
i chose toure simply because we have seen what he can do, whether it be scoring a great free kick or bursting through a defence.

it was obviously the best year of his career, but it wasn't all form; the guy has talent and there's no reason he can't rack up a good score this year.

plus, if he doesn't measure up, you have a very expensive player to trade meaning you could get a different top class player instead.
right okay, so here's my team below:

what do you think guys?

i'm a little concerned that if there was an injury or suspension in my first team that i'd be a little screwed for points since my subs are basically as cheap as possible.

overall, i'm happy with the team, got 0.5m to spare.
i tried to find somebody better up front but tbh, until you get pretty expensive, the strikers are meh
so i went for sturridge (obv) with 2 strikers who are likely to be involved in a large majority of their own "lesser" team's goals.
Don't like Remy as an option. He's at a club he doesn't want to be at.
Original post by little_wizard123
Don't like Remy as an option. He's at a club he doesn't want to be at.

if he wants interest from other clubs, he'll want to perform won't he?
if he wants interest from other clubs, he'll want to perform won't he?

Chances are there will be transfer talk and disputes and he won't play as much as people think. Other teams know how good he is. He'll also play in a front 2.

I'd prefer Pelle at that price. Guaranteed to play and up front on his own, playing for a better, more attacking team.
right okay, so here's my team below:

what do you think guys?

i'm a little concerned that if there was an injury or suspension in my first team that i'd be a little screwed for points since my subs are basically as cheap as possible.

overall, i'm happy with the team, got 0.5m to spare.
i tried to find somebody better up front but tbh, until you get pretty expensive, the strikers are meh
so i went for sturridge (obv) with 2 strikers who are likely to be involved in a large majority of their own "lesser" team's goals.

Thats a big defense.. if this season starts the same as last, with a lot of CS's then you will be laughing to the top..

Bit risky for me though, missing out on some of the bigger mids, and strikers
Chances are there will be transfer talk and disputes and he won't play as much as people think. Other teams know how good he is. He'll also play in a front 2.

I'd prefer Pelle at that price. Guaranteed to play and up front on his own, playing for a better, more attacking team.

true i guess
i think for FF it's best to have a main top striker (sturridge, aguero etc..) and 2 good strikers who always play for their lesser team.
if you buy 2 top class strikers, it's just gonna cost too much and hinder you in other areas of your team.
true i guess
i think for FF it's best to have a main top striker (sturridge, aguero etc..) and 2 good strikers who always play for their lesser team.
if you buy 2 top class strikers, it's just gonna cost too much and hinder you in other areas of your team.

Yeah, there's always a couple of cheap strikers from the promoted teams who prove to be good value. Happy to punt on Austin for now.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Thats a big defense.. if this season starts the same as last, with a lot of CS's then you will be laughing to the top..

Bit risky for me though, missing out on some of the bigger mids, and strikers

the prioritty for me was getting players that i know will start more or less all the time.
players like coutinho or jovetic will probably get good points but they might not always play :/

yeah true, the thing is that defenders aren't massively expensive.
i got baines primarily because he's the everton penalty taker (isn't he?) and defenders get a lot of points for a goal.
so reducing the price back there might not improve my midfield all too much.
with strikers, as i mentioned there ones you'd want are way too expensive.

i suppose i could see about an upgrade on barkley maybe...
Yeah, there's always a couple of cheap strikers from the promoted teams who prove to be good value. Happy to punt on Austin for now.

definitely - it happens every season so why not go for it?

i've never done FF before so i think my naivety will show through as the season goes on.
i'm happy finishing around the middle tbh.
Original post by Qari
my latest team. all opinions welcomed
oh and also it's mannone on schemicael sub

A lot of punts having that midfield four and Costa, all being new to the prem. Only thing I'd be worried about. Otherwise I like.
Uncertain what to do with RVP... Deffo want him in my team, but he's an expensive player to have when we now know he's missing at least the first game. Tempted to use my free transfer after that to bring him in for Rooney, but I'm paranoid lots of people will do the same (or similar) which could drive his price up.
Original post by King Hotpie
Uncertain what to do with RVP... Deffo want him in my team, but he's an expensive player to have when we now know he's missing at least the first game. Tempted to use my free transfer after that to bring him in for Rooney, but I'm paranoid lots of people will do the same (or similar) which could drive his price up.

Some people taking him from the start as it'd be harder to get him in otherwise. Some leaving 2m in the bank to do Rooney -> van Persie. Can't say I like these ideas, though.
Reply 599
Original post by Prandtl
A lot of punts having that midfield four and Costa, all being new to the prem. Only thing I'd be worried about. Otherwise I like.

Yh I know not sure about Herrera other 3 should be guarenteed starters
and those that dare win. Also I can't copy everyone else's midfield. Yh I wasn't sure between Costa or Lukaku

Quick Reply

Latest