The Student Room Group

BTEC results day 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kayleighisonfire
Congrats, which uni are you going to and what are you studying?

Thank you I'm going to the University of Liverpool to study International Business with a year in industry :smile:
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IrishGuy_94
Is the SRF form the actual grades you're going to get, or is it a prediction made by the college you went to? I met the conditions of my offer exactly, according to the SRF form, should I be worried about EDEXCEL changing my grades?

I was having the same problem is it the 14th the same as a levels? And the results will be automatically sent to your uni choices
Original post by Kirstyy56
I was having the same problem is it the 14th the same as a levels? And the results will be automatically sent to your uni choices

No, it can be any time between July and late August, it's usually before the A Level Results day though.

As previously mentioned in the thread...
Original post by mynameisntdoug
No, it can be any time between July and late August, it's usually before the A Level Results day though.

I understand that, but I mean do u collect your certificates on the 14th?
I understand that, but I mean do u collect your certificates on the 14th?

Depends on how your college is handling it all. You should ask them, often they will handle it like this so they can hand all results out all at once.
Depends on how your college is handling it all. You should ask them, often they will handle it like this so they can hand all results out all at once.

Okay, I just wondered if anyone else is getting the certificates then because that is when the a level day is?
Okay, I just wondered if anyone else is getting the certificates then because that is when the a level day is?

Some people will be sent them in the post as soon as the college gets them, some people will be told they have to go to college to collect them. The college receives the certificates from Edexcel, so it can be any time between July and August, but they'll usually tell you how to handle it. If you've not been contacted yet, it may be best to give them a ring and ask them if they have your results and whether you can collect them or have them posted...

This post actually made me the happiest person. I got my results over a week ago for my 90 credit and so did second year students on my course. If this is the case next year it will mean that i will know earlier than a level results day if i have got into my university choices. Which will mean that i won't be as stressed out and can focus on getting my student finance and accommodation sorted hopefully which has been worrying me all summer. I'm super organised and slightly OCD so i do everything in advance perfectly, i did this last year with the jump from school too college and am doing it this summer to deal with the whole UCAS process. Call me crazy or a freak but it seems to be working, i'm not confused, know exactly what's going to happen and have completely prepared my personal statement etc for my UCAS application and i also know what to do if i happen to enter clearing. I'm glad i'm this organised. :colondollar:
Original post by BabyChow
This post actually made me the happiest person. I got my results over a week ago for my 90 credit and so did second year students on my course. If this is the case next year it will mean that i will know earlier than a level results day if i have got into my university choices. Which will mean that i won't be as stressed out and can focus on getting my student finance and accommodation sorted hopefully which has been worrying me all summer. I'm super organised and slightly OCD so i do everything in advance perfectly, i did this last year with the jump from school too college and am doing it this summer to deal with the whole UCAS process. Call me crazy or a freak but it seems to be working, i'm not confused, know exactly what's going to happen and have completely prepared my personal statement etc for my UCAS application and i also know what to do if i happen to enter clearing. I'm glad i'm this organised. :colondollar:

Haha, I wish I had this information last year too tbh.

Dealing with UCAS was pretty hard work with my college, despite all of the planning, concepts/drafting on my personal statement and everything even to getting my diploma. I'm only just getting it now because they messed it all up, most students usually get theirs within the 2nd to 3rd week (at least at my college) of July, but my certification date was the 2nd of August.

But yeah, don't let your planning fall short when it properly comes around to it.

Good luck with your 2nd year :smile:
Haha, I wish I had this information last year too tbh.

Dealing with UCAS was pretty hard work with my college, despite all of the planning, concepts/drafting on my personal statement and everything even to getting my diploma. I'm only just getting it now because they messed it all up, most students usually get theirs within the 2nd to 3rd week (at least at my college) of July, but my certification date was the 2nd of August.

But yeah, don't let your planning fall short when it properly comes around to it.

Good luck with your 2nd year :smile:

Trust me if they go wrong and mess up i will go ape ****. Haha luckily for me my personal statement has already been checked by college and approved so it's just a matter of getting the application going now i guess. I'm lucky to have a PDT who is as OTT & OCD as i am aha.

I hope you get into where you wanna go. :smile:
Original post by Kabulkid
BTECs just make me laugh lol, should be scrapped ASAP.

haha, I did a mixture of btec and a-levels and I can tell you that btec is actually really bad but I know at least I would pass it compared to my a-levels. probably why many decide to do btec.
Original post by maryamzahid
haha, I did a mixture of btec and a-levels and I can tell you that btec is actually really bad but I know at least I would pass it compared to my a-levels. probably why many decide to do btec.

what i hate is when triple distinction is regarded equivalent to AAA..

sorry but DDD in Engineering BTEC is not AAA in Maths/FM/Physics lol. more like CCC and thats generous.
what i hate is when triple distinction is regarded equivalent to AAA..

sorry but DDD in Engineering BTEC is not AAA in Maths/FM/Physics lol. more like CCC and thats generous.

That's your opinion, but they are considered to be equal and rightly so.
Original post by IrishGuy_94
That's your opinion, but they are considered to be equal and rightly so.

its a joke tho cmon... BTEC engineering entails cutting wood...
its a joke tho cmon... BTEC engineering entails cutting wood...

I can't say anything about BTEC engineering, maybe it is a joke but I did a BTEC extended diploma in ICT and I got a D*D*D. So in the eyes of UCAS I am an A*A*A student. Some course are bound to be harder than others.

Health and social care is a subject that I think isn't worthy of the A-Level equivalency. A friend of mine got D*D*D* in her BTEC health and social care, and I find it a bit funny that her course is an A Level equivalent. I can see where you are coming from.
Original post by ChrisLay1
Yeah, hopefully we'll both get ours soon! :biggrin:

Good Luck
Original post by Holliver
Still waiting on mine too, feels like it taking forever for the uni to get my grades! I thought I'd have it all sorted and my certificates by now :P

Good Luck :smile:
Just been told by my lecturer at college, that I got to wait till the 21st August for my certificates and for ucas to confirm. Not fair everyone else has theirs and I got to wait ages
Original post by Tomcars95
Just been told by my lecturer at college, that I got to wait till the 21st August for my certificates and for ucas to confirm. Not fair everyone else has theirs and I got to wait ages

I still don't have mine :frown:
Reply 79
BTECs just make me laugh lol, should be scrapped ASAP.

Small grade syndrome.

:cool::cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending