The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EatAndRevise
At times like this, I wish I drunk alcohol. Presumably, nerves would be relieved.

Trust me, from experience, it's not worth even starting with alcohol. The road it can take you, let me just say its not worth going down that road...

Original post by elf5
Does anyone remember what time the emails and texts came in last year? My brother who sat exams a few years ago said the emails were around 3-4am and the text later, good luck everyone :biggrin:

They will be released from 1am onwards, emails usually before text, but it is also somewhat random so you may receive it from 1am onwards...

Hope this helps! You can post anytime on here, a whole load of us will be around to help out all the time!
Another vid, explaining the changes to the Nationals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7PgzXHNP6U …. Perhaps more for the parents.
Reply 762
Original post by mobbsy91
Trust me, from experience, it's not worth even starting with alcohol. The road it can take you, let me just say its not worth going down that road...

They will be released from 1am onwards, emails usually before text, but it is also somewhat random so you may receive it from 1am onwards...

Hope this helps! You can post anytime on here, a whole load of us will be around to help out all the time!

Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by elf5
Does anyone remember what time the emails and texts came in last year? My brother who sat exams a few years ago said the emails were around 3-4am and the text later, good luck everyone :biggrin:

It varies, however most people I know tend to get theirs at about 1-2am. Texts come a lot later than the email. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 764
Original post by shaunthing
It varies, however most people I know tend to get theirs at about 1-2am. Texts come a lot later than the email. Good luck! :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
Just to be clear on emails and texts.

Officially we say they will be with you by 9am. For us to do that we have to release them in batches over the preceding hours, usually from around 2am. However, the system selects which to send when totally randomly, it's not alphabetical, or by school or by location. So yours could arrive any time. If you want to wait up potentially all night, then feel free. All I can say is they'll be with you by 9am.

(The reason for this is that in previous years we promised them by 9am, but some got held up by certain servers outwith our control and ended up being delivered several hours late. Not unreasonably people got upset.)

Hope that all makes sense!
Reply 766
Original post by mysqa
Just to be clear on emails and texts.

Officially we say they will be with you by 9am. For us to do that we have to release them in batches over the preceding hours, usually from around 2am. However, the system selects which to send when totally randomly, it's not alphabetical, or by school or by location. So yours could arrive any time. If you want to wait up potentially all night, then feel free. All I can say is they'll be with you by 9am.

(The reason for this is that in previous years we promised them by 9am, but some got held up by certain servers outwith our control and ended up being delivered several hours late. Not unreasonably people got upset.)

Hope that all makes sense!

Thank you :smile:
Original post by elf5

According to other people in the thread, emails start going about 1am, which a lot of people seemed to have gotten them around that time, and texts probably closer to 8/9 o'clock I think, maybe earlier.
Reply 768
Original post by AndrewSCO
According to other people in the thread, emails start going about 1am, which a lot of people seemed to have gotten them around that time, and texts probably closer to 8/9 o'clock I think, maybe earlier.

Thank you :smile: think I'll just do an allnighter :smile:
Reply 769
8 hours to go until the first batches of results are released :woo:

Yes, that's right, 8.
It was 28 the last time I posted :giggle:
Original post by Neuth
8 hours to go until the first batches of results are released :woo:

Yes, that's right, 8.
It was 28 the last time I posted :giggle:

no, shhhhh

can we all pitch in and build a time machine so we can go back in time and just not do results, like, ever?
Reply 771
Original post by GoldenAge
no, shhhhh

can we all pitch in and build a time machine so we can go back in time and just not do results, like, ever?

Totally up for that.
Results days = nightmares.
I wish I could go back and do modern studies and Spanish instead of biology and chemistry :frown:
no, shhhhh

Your results are already in the envelope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Neuth
Totally up for that.
Results days = nightmares.

Yeah, results day is like the anti-christmas. I feel like I'm going to wake up tomorrow to find coal in my stocking.

Original post by Asklepios
Your results are already in the envelope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I keep denying it then I totally won't get them, right?
x

Be positive! :smile: You've done your best, that's all anyone could have asked for. There's no point worrying about bad results until you actually get them, IF you do. :smile:
Reply 776
I feel like a Doctor Who reference would be very appropriate..

"The moment is coming.."

I'm nervous, terrified and hoping for a miracle and get some As. It'd be amazing to get an A in Computing Science like my prelim but I'm worried that I might not as the exam was much harder than the prelim. Then all the work I did to prepare for my exams, might not be worth it.

I'm scared about my Chemistry and Biology results most importantly as they are something I most definitely need a good mark in to get into Higher so I can hopefully become a Psychiatrist in the future..

Then again I'm scared about all my exams. Ahhh.

If I keep denying it then I totally won't get them, right?

If you don't open them, then the wave function won't collapse and your results will remain a superimposition of different states :wink:

In all seriousness though, you may as well get it over with and find out, because you're going to have to check them eventually! I'm sure you'll have done great anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elf5
Thank you :smile: think I'll just do an allnighter :smile:

Haha, thats what a lot of us who are helping out are doing - I guess insomnia helps to keep awake..

Good Luck to everyone - not long now, but I'm sure you'll all do amazingly!

Remember: If you need any help don't hesitate to ask! We're all here for you!

​GOOD LUCK!!!!
Reply 779
Yeah, results day is like the anti-christmas. I feel like I'm going to wake up tomorrow to find coal in my stocking.

Stop thinking so negatively :tongue: :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending