The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsr1269
So in your opinion, Israel bows down to international pressure?

I assure you, this one will come back to bite you in the ass. ...

no, i said israel 'takes account of' international pressure - has there ever been a time you havent tried to fabricate what people have said? and keep your 'ass-biting ' to your self, try to stick to topic

Original post by tsr1269

It turns out that the IDF were moving deeper into Gaza. I don't think that was part of any ceasefire agreement, if it was indeed accepted......

the ceasefire agreement allowed for advances on tunnel networks- obviously your islamist propaganda machine didnt actually read you the whole agreement

Original post by tsr1269

Qassam did state that they had lost contact with their troops and it was probably an artillery shell which pulverised Hadar Goldin.

Lo and behold! They turned out to be right... ...
they were killed by bullet injury not shell.

Original post by tsr1269

Times of Israel. Friday/Saturday's edition or whatever day the ceasefire was planned.

Get hunting.....
. im waiting for you to show you posted it

Original post by tsr1269

I'm still hearing words like "think" and "self" and "like". I'm not hearing my own words being played back to me...

islamist indoctrinates generally dont
Original post by tsr1269
Depending on who you choose to believe, there were a couple of noteworthy incidents.

a) HAMAS stated that they never accepted the ceasefire.
b) In that case, the unilateral ceasefire by Israel was broken after the IAF bombed the strip just a couple of minutes after the ceasefire came into effect.
c) HAMAS's response was in relation to the IDF troops penetrating further into Gaza which everyone is just so damned confused about.

It'll be interesting to see your response...

I read Palestinian representatives accepted the ceasefire, not Israel's fault Hamas and Palestine have such an unstable relationship (funny considering the Palestinians voted for them). The agreements on the ceasefire were regarding the military bombardment of Gaza so civilians could get aid supplies in from UN groups. Israel agreed that their troops would station at the border but continue to defend against tunnel offensives and destroy them in the process which makes sense considering Hamas sent a one way suicide squad into Israel. From what I've read and seen Israel actually pulled troops back at the start of the ceasefire not further in, where did you read that, we have been told 2 different things but I believe UN officials on the ground over various other sources.
As per usual, it was Britains fault.
Original post by TSA
Who promised the land to them?

The British, I believe. Good ol' Blighty messing everything up. ;D
[h="2"]Is Israel’s Assault on Gaza a Response to Hamas Rockets? Would Cessation of Rockets from Gaza Stop the Atrocities?[/h]
Israel claims that its recent invasion and destruction of Gaza civilians, infrastructure, and society, being only one in an extremely long list of others we must remember, is a just action necessary to protect its citizens from rockets emanating from Hamas militants, “If Hamas does not allow Israelis to live in peace, and then we too will be forced to carry out actions that we don’t fundamentally wish to perform, and that are not our primary goal,” said Israel’s Minister of Justice Tzipi Livni, who also oversees the country’s peace talks with the Palestinians. Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu said that, Hamas will pay a heavy price for firing on Israeli citizens The operation will expand and continue until the rocket firing on our cities stops.” The Israel Defense Forces stated that Operation Protective Edge has commenced, “…in order to stop the terror Israel’s citizens face on a daily basis.” Israel states that its current use of force against Gaza, one of the most densely populated areas in the world, with approximately 1.8 million inhabitants, with the world’s 13th highest population growth rate, a crippling economic situation with 22.5% unemployment (ranked 170th in the world), where38% of the population lives below the poverty line, who’s means of defending itself are extremely limited and altogether dwarfed by the formidable size and strength of the Israel Defense Forces, is a necessary action needed to protect itself.The CIA admits that,[INDENT]Israeli security controls imposed since the end of the second intifada have degraded economic conditions in the Gaza Strip. Israeli-imposed border closures… have resulted in high unemployment, elevated poverty rates, and a sharp contraction of the private sector that had relied primarily on export markets. Changes to Israeli restrictions on imports in 2010 resulted in a rebound in some economic activity, butregular exports from Gaza still are not permitted. Standard-of-living measures remain below levels seen in the mid-1990s.” (emphasis added)
[/INDENT]Gaza is often described as an “open air prison,” this assessment is in many ways accurate; in addition to the ongoing economic blockade, Israel and Egypt have closed the borders on either side preventing the people of Gaza from leaving. Israel controls the borders around Gaza and the waters that surround it. Only the injured, sick and those with foreign passports are allowed to leave, “Gaza is unique in the annals of modern warfare in being a conflict zone with a fence around it, so civilians have no place to flee,” said Chris Gunness, spokesman for the U.N relief agency for Palestinian refugees; the people of Gaza are trapped.Throughout the years, Gaza has been kept just above the level of bare survival whilst being imprisoned by land, sea and air. The May 2013 United Nations Relief and Works Agency reportfound that,[INDENT]“the situation in relation to water and sanitation for the Palestinians in Gaza is critical. Today 90 per cent of water from the aquifer is not safe to drink without treatment. Most Palestinians in Gaza do not have access to clean water. As a result, the average water consumption in Gaza is 70 to 90 liters per person per day, below the global WHO standard of 100 liters per person per day.”
Gaza’s inhabitants face regular power cuts affective private businesses and homes, health services, wastewater treatment plants, and schools.”
[/INDENT][INDENT]It states that impoverished Palestinians are, “unable to afford the fees charged at Ministry of Health and private clinics and hospitals,” and there is, a chronic shortage of medicines and medical supplies in the Ministry of Health central pharmacy,” and that most public health facilities are unable to provide safe and adequate services,” and that “there are frequent breakdowns of medical equipment resulting from power interruptions and water impurities, among other factors. For this and other reasons, many patients are forced to seek treatment outside Gaza for a wide range of medical problems, which is difficult due to movement restrictions imposed by the blockade.” (emphases added)
[/INDENT]

Full article http://www.globalresearch.ca/is-israels-assault-on-gaza-a-response-to-hamas-rockets-would-cessation-of-rockets-from-gaza-stop-the-atrocities/5393655
Original post by nevertoo
Israel is defending itself against terrorists

You're an idiot
Israel are tryna take over the whole region by committing genocide.
Original post by Meenglishnogood
no, i said israel 'takes account of' international pressure - has there ever been a time you havent tried to fabricate what people have said? and keep your 'ass-biting ' to your self, try to stick to topic

And what exactly does this mean?

the ceasefire agreement allowed for advances on tunnel networks- obviously your islamist propaganda machine didnt actually read you the whole agreement

So it wasn't really a ceasefire agreement then...

they were killed by bullet injury not shell.

Bullet injury? What "bullet injury"? Are you having a ****ing laugh? The guy was pulverised.

There were no traces of him left. They had to identify him through DNA.

. im waiting for you to show you posted it

Oh, I posted it. I usually post that kind of stuff. Try and keep everyone updated and all that.

You can either hunt for it on this thread or on the ToI web blog...

islamist indoctrinates generally dont

Are you speaking from experience?
Original post by MASTER265
I read Palestinian representatives accepted the ceasefire, not Israel's fault Hamas and Palestine have such an unstable relationship (funny considering the Palestinians voted for them). The agreements on the ceasefire were regarding the military bombardment of Gaza so civilians could get aid supplies in from UN groups. Israel agreed that their troops would station at the border but continue to defend against tunnel offensives and destroy them in the process which makes sense considering Hamas sent a one way suicide squad into Israel. From what I've read and seen Israel actually pulled troops back at the start of the ceasefire not further in, where did you read that, we have been told 2 different things but I believe UN officials on the ground over various other sources.

The UN simply stated that the ceasefire had been broken. They didn't state the reasons why.

Oh, and what about the point about the IAF breaking the ceasefire when it bombarded Gaza a couple of minutes into the ceasefire?
Jews are a people, Judaism is a religion. Jewish hatred of Palestinians isn't so much about religion but based on genetics the same as Jewish hatred for non-gentiles. These crazy Rabbi's and Jewish leaders call us genetic filth, compare us to insects.The holocaust is nothing more than propaganda to allow the Jews to continue their evil ways. I say the Jews are not victims of genocide they are perpetrators of genocide their role is countless genocides is ignored because they have all the power and influence. The Jews are a tightly knit machine while the gentile races are divided.
(edited 9 years ago)
[h="1"]Why does Israel keep changing its story on Gaza?First Israel said the reason for its attack on Gaza was the three kidnapped Israeli youths. Then it was rockets fired by Hamas. Then it was the tunnels that Gaza uses to import food and essential supplies denied by the Israeli siege. But what is the real purpose that has left over 1,500 Palestinians dead, 75% of them civilians and around 300 of them children?[/h][h="4"]Watch this three-minute video and see if you're any the wiser.[/h][video="youtube;Ksk3Q7gu0BI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksk3Q7gu0BI[/video]

source: http://stopwar.org.uk/videos/why-does-israel-keep-changing-its-story-on-gaza#.U9-4WuOSz1Y
Unconditional truce to be declared in hours. Israel will "consider" it...
Original post by Michael!
I'm fully aware of the definition.

Yet unable to apply it in practice.
Original post by Sic semper erat
Its not a truce and its not unconditional, the condition is 72 hours which islamonazis will violate anyway like the other previous ones

Okay.
Reply 4954
Its not a truce and its not unconditional, the condition is 72 hours which islamonazis will violate anyway like the other previous ones

The problem with you, is that you don't have a balanced argument. All of your posts contain the same puerile - islamonazis, really? - content. Every post I've read from you in this thread has been ridiculous. Do I need to remind you of Israel breaking the ceasefire back in 2012? The ceasefire was signed on the 21 November of that year, yet these offences went virtually unreported in Western media:

22/11/2012

"Israeli forces shot and injured a Palestinian man east of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip late Thursday after he approached a fence on the border, medics said."

23/11/2012

"A 20-year-old Palestinian was killed and 10 others injured by Israeli forces Friday, Palestinian medical officials told NBC News, despite the U.S.-brokered cease-fire declared Wednesday." (Read more)

25/11/2012

“Israeli forces opened fire at a group of Palestinians in Gaza on Sunday, lightly injuring one man, a Gaza medical official said.” (Read more)

26/11/2012

“Two people were shot by Israeli forces east of Rafah on Monday, a health ministry spokesman said, in the second consecutive day of shooting along Gaza's border.” (Read more)

28/11/2012

“Israeli forces detained nine fishermen off Gaza's north coast on Wednesday, a local official said. As part of a ceasefire to end Israel's recent eight-day war on Gaza, Israel agreed to allow fishermen to sail six nautical miles off the coast of Gaza instead of three, which had been the limit under Israel's siege” (Read more)

29/11/2012

“Israeli military vehicles crossed near the al-Qarara town northeast of Khan Younis on Thursday in a new breach of the Gaza ceasefire, a Ma’an reporter said.” (Read more)

“On Wednesday Israeli forces shot and injured seven Palestinians near the border in the central Gaza Strip, medics said. Seven people were shot at east of al-Maghazi and al-Bureij refugee camps and transferred to the al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital. One man sustained serious injuries, medical officials told Ma'an.” (Read more)

"Earlier, 27-year-old Hassan Ahmad Nseir was shot by Israeli forces near Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip while collecting iron and gravel, medics told Ma'an."

30/11/2012

“On Friday, 11 Palestinians sustained wounds by Israeli fire along the borders between the Gaza Strip and Israel."
(edited 9 years ago)
Ouch, Hectic ethered Sic semper erat.
A Palestinian terrorist civilian-murderer was shot dead in Jerusalem today, after he went mental in an excavator machine and started running people over with its tank tracks. Madness. Thank god the terrorist was shot dead, good riddance to human garbage
Original post by Hectic
Good way to not debate facts, I think that's the best response you could have given. The fact is, Israel has been guilty before of breaking a ceasefire.

Lol, sorry who broke the ceasefire? In the 72-hour ceasefire most recently, it was Hamas. And the ceasefire just before the ground offensive, Hamas refused a ceasefire. And it was Hamas who broke the 2012 ceasefire by commencing a rocket bombardment of Israeli cities.

But hey, if you sympathise with a homophobic, misogynist, fascist terror organisation, that's totally cool. We understand you want to murder gays, kill women who "don't do what they're told", and basically liquidate any Paestinians who objects to Hamas' and the terrorists' reign of terror or tries to prevent them from launching a rocket near their house (yes, Palestinian terrorists murdered an innocent father who confronted terrorists who wanted to launch a rocket from next to his house)

But keep defending the indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians

:lol: If Israel was indiscriminately killing civilians, you'd probably have 15,000 dead, not 1,500 (which is like a heavy week of the Syrian Civil War, where Muslims kill 500 to 1,000 other Muslims every single week). The Palestinian death toll is entirely a function of Hamas' siting their rocket batteries in heavily civilian areas hoping that the Israeli retaliation will result in dead children they can exploit for PR purposes
(edited 9 years ago)
There's nothing special about this conflict in terms of casualties, there are a lot worse things going on.

I doubt you had any sympathy for Israel in the first place. The fact that Israel never bombs the West Bank (maybe because they dont shoot rockets or dig tunnels there?), and never bombed Gaza before Hamas and rocket attacks started, sums up who here is at fault. Someone who is fair minded would see that.

What's happening in Libya, Syria and Iraq is an outrage of course. It's terrifying actually. However that is being perpetrated by Islamist mercenaries who are a) not recognised as a legitimate state by anyone and b) are broadly condemned by the West and most right minded Muslims for their mindless violence.

The difference with Israel is that we have a legitimate army of a sovereign state, a close ally of the most powerful nation in the world, launching rockets at a densely populated civilian area that they have placed under siege so it's economy stagnates and the people are constantly on the verge of famine. Gazans are largely defenseless apart from ineffectual Hamas rockets (which I condemn) and Israel have killed large amounts of civilians.

To assume I never had any sympathy for Israel in the first place exposes your own narrow mind set. I acknowledge Israels right to exist peacefully so I am for all intents and purposes a Zionist. I condemn Hamas and their Qatari leadership. However I reserve the right as a citizen of the world to be critical of a government that behaves in this manner. There seems to me to be plenty of Israelis intent on living peacefully with their Palestinian neighbours so I do of course have sympathy for liberal, co-operative Israelis and Arabs. Maybe my problems lie more specifically with Likud, the IDF and Hamas.

As for the West Bank, Israel has hardly behaved impeccably there. Are we supposed to just be happy that they're not dropping bombs?
Reply 4959
Original post by young_guns
Lol, sorry who broke the ceasefire? In the 72-hour ceasefire most recently, it was Hamas. And the ceasefire just before the ground offensive, Hamas refused a ceasefire. And it was Hamas who broke the 2012 ceasefire by commencing a rocket bombardment of Israeli cities.

If you read my post properly, you would know that I was talking about 2012. If you think that Hamas broke the ceasefire in 2012, then you really don't know much about this situation. If you read my post properly, you would have also known the context - I wasn't even talking about the recent ceasefire. Spare me with your cheap propaganda.

But hey, if you sympathise with a homophobic, misogynist, fascist terror organisation, that's totally cool. We understand you want to murder gays, kill women who "don't do what they're told", and basically liquidate any Paestinians who objects to Hamas' and the terrorists' reign of terror or tries to prevent them from launching a rocket near their house (yes, Palestinian terrorists murdered an innocent father who confronted terrorists who wanted to launch a rocket from next to his house)

Typical apologist response - most people, who defend the Palestinian people, will come across this generic response. Nowhere have I categorically shown support for Hamas. What next for you? Are you going to tell me that Hamas use humanshields too?

:lol: If Israel was indiscriminately killing civilians, you'd probably have 15,000 dead, not 1,500 (which is like a heavy week of the Syrian Civil War, where Muslims kill 500 to 1,000 other Muslims every single week). The Palestinian death toll is entirely a function of Hamas' siting their rocket batteries in heavily civilian areas hoping that the Israeli retaliation will result in dead children they can exploit for PR purposes

Nonsense. Indiscriminate isn't associated with a particular number, it can be 10, it can be 20, etc., it doesn't have to be thousands. It actually means the Israelis have shown poor judgement. The IDF has the most modern and fearsome weapons available and does not hesitate to use them. In this current assault on Gaza the IDF are using flechette shells, which spray thousands of tiny but lethal darts over a wide area. None of these weapons can be used to accurately target 'terrorists', particularly in what is one of the world’s most crowded strips of land.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending